It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket Lab 13th launch ends in failure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
My apologies for distracting the thread... I was buzzing from the holiday weekend and figured I'd set off a virtual firecracker

a reply to: chr0naut

The distinction the NASA engineer made in the video was that sending humans past low earth orbit is the difficulty. Satellites without fragile biological life is apparently much easier..

[Quote]because Orion is designed to do more than the Apollo CM. As the guy in the video says, the radiation of the Van Allen belts can affect Orion's more sensitive electronics if they weren't shielded.

Yeah that was the counterargument I came across.
I go back and forth believing and disbelieving the moon landings the more I read both sides. I think I'm just gonna plead the 5th until one of these contemporary missions proves its possible or impossible.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Reason this is important is that is Rocket Lab recently completed a launch facility at NASA Mid Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS)

Known as Launch Complex 2 is designed to quickly launch small payloads into low earth orbit - US Gubmint agencies
have already contracted with Rocket Lab Including US Airforce

Don't know if this going to cause delays while source of the anomaly is found and fixed

www.rocketlabusa.com...#:~ :text=Launch%20Complex%202%2C%20Wallops%20Flight%20Facility%2C%20Virginia.%20%E2%80%93,new%20national%20launch%20capability%20for%20the%20United%20Sta tes.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
My apologies for distracting the thread... I was buzzing from the holiday weekend and figured I'd set off a virtual firecracker

The distinction the NASA engineer made in the video was that sending humans past low earth orbit is the difficulty. Satellites without fragile biological life is apparently much easier.

because Orion is designed to do more than the Apollo CM. As the guy in the video says, the radiation of the Van Allen belts can affect Orion's more sensitive electronics if they weren't shielded.

Yeah that was the counterargument I came across.
I go back and forth believing and disbelieving the moon landings the more I read both sides. I think I'm just gonna plead the 5th until one of these contemporary missions proves its possible or impossible.

What element, when raised to 6,000 degrees, does not become luminous? The process is adequately described by Einstein's paper on the photoelectric effect.

Then, why don't we see this plasma shining as bright as the sun?

As near as I can tell, the space holding the plasma is a high vacuum, and would be a cold plasma, similar to the plasma globe toys.

edit on 7/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

What element, when raised to 6,000 degrees, does not become luminous? The process is adequately described by Einstein's paper on the photoelectric effect.

Then, why don't we see this plasma shining as bright as the sun?

I wondered the same thing... Maybe the super low densities exhibited in these areas prevent most luminosity?? There's also the sonoluminescence effect:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join