It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 lockdowns are revealing an ugly class divide.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know half a dozen doctors yet and talked to three of them and they said they would probably be happier working socialized medicine than being forced to send people for unnecessary tests so that their hospital could survive.

Ask your husband what he thinks about having a job where he can go home every night after putting in a shift and do whatever he wants.

edit on 26-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The only people this whole mess is going to be good for is LAWYERS!!

And you can quote me on that!!

For the next 10 years.

And what are most of the people in politics?? LAWYERS!!

the year is 2032. it's late at night..... very late. a commercial comes on: were you or someone you know an essential worker during the corona virus outbreak in 2020? if so, you may be entitled to compensation.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

He works in pharma. For the most part he does. He also works from home even without the stay at home once or twice per week. He does have to put in some travel once or twice a year, and occasionally he either gets up exceptionally early or take a late evening meeting because he has to discuss things with people on the other side of the world, but it's an acceptable trade-off to be able to work from home.

I'm not silly enough given what he knows about how government agencies and hiring works to think he'd simply get transferred over into a government position though. Government likes its own stooges in place, and there is a system of patronage and, of course, the unions to consider.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Our government wouldn't actually go into the hospitals, they would put people in to run them and everyone would get a wage or salary and government retirement. It would be like the VA hospitals. I do not know any VA doctors. I do know that when I brought friends and relatives to the VA hospital, they would keep them in and take away many medicines and monitor them for a while there. The guys got much better and came back and could get around and were having fun till their doctors started them back on the meds within a month or two and they started failing again. We need to get away from overmedicating patients, quality of life is ruined when they start on the meds again that they took away at the VA because they found they were intolerant to them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join