It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing to keep busy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Nice!
Now that is a good sport of a wife lol

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

-20? Where are you?!

I’m in northern Ontario Canada. It snowed yesterday during the day, then changed to rain here.

Been dropping to -10c or so at night, but it’s +8c out right now.

I took the family for a drive across town to the Indian reservation and up the mountain for something to do.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Boardgames and... Other things.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That’s another crappy thing, most of our lodge members are 60+ with the exception of 4 others, including myself, under 50. (I’m 37)
Everyone’s taking precautions and staying in.
So, super secret club meeting nights are cancelled.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Been working my ass off.

I dont mean to offend anyone, and am not not bragging.

I am an employee for the first time in 14 years.

I had to shut down my buisness, and am now fabricating (steel) for a living.

It's been one hell of an adjustment, but I am just glad to be making a living.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Was that one item toilet roll by any chance?
just curious.

No, there was toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, etc.
The only thing I couldn't find was a bottle of hand sanitizer for the hub's service truck.

Edit to add: This was at lunch time, so no setting alarm and waiting in line for the door to open either!

You can use Everclear as sanitizer. The liquor stores are "essential" so you're good there.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Was that one item toilet roll by any chance?
just curious.

No, there was toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, etc.
The only thing I couldn't find was a bottle of hand sanitizer for the hub's service truck.

Edit to add: This was at lunch time, so no setting alarm and waiting in line for the door to open either!

You can use Everclear as sanitizer. The liquor stores are "essential" so you're good there.

If I bought the hubs a bottle of Everclear to use as hand sanitizer for his work truck I doubt he would ever make it to any jobs! If he did you definitely wouldn't want to ride on that elevator when he was done!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

It's starting to warm up more and more everyday here.
The snow is finally melting and I can almost get into my project Jeep.

I have an 85 Jeep CJ7 That I have been restoring for about 4 years now.
I don't drive it in the winter (7 months of the year here)
It gets Parked and tarpped.
But once the snows gone and the sun's warm enough, I Drive it more that my new Jeep.
It's just so much fun to through the doors and roof off into the yard and bomb around.

Its painted military green, has yellow Sargent stripes painted on the sides - we call the Jeep "The Sarg"

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Most of the same things we were already doing -- letting the kids & their friend from a few houses up go back and forth between our respective homes for something to do. They're already game buddies online, but they don't hibernate in their games like other kids because "it gets boring after a bit." Touche, chillens.

Aside from that, I'd be starting some seedlings indoors if I could find some fricking peat pellets to start them in. Or plain old dirt. Can't use my yard's dirt, it's a heavy clay loam, BTDT, didn't work the last time, spectacular stunted & deformed disaster. The stocks of both soil/dirt and starter pellets are nil in the stores still allowed to be open by us.
What the crap, of all times to shut down the gardening stores, this was by FAR the dumbest time to pick. They'd have made a mint off the pre-grown veg & herb plants.

I've been crocheting a bit more, though. Made myself a simple shawl, made my younger kid a plush pillowcase at her request as a belated birthday gift, and am looking at a pattern for a long cardigan (dusters, i think they're called) for myself.

Caught up on this season of The Expanse, am going through TNG again. I really wanted to watch Babylon 5 again, but they took that off Prime Video.

Speaking of Amazon, can I just bitch a little here? I need a specific chemical for the fish tank, and my fish shop is closed to all but curbside only (except they don't have that feature, it's a call, email or text the order in thing, and they're BUSY) Figured Amazon would have the same thing (they do) probably for a bit more (they do) and I could swallow the mark-up to avoid the who-knows-how-long delay between ordering & picking up at the fish shop. Naw, guess I'll be trying the shop anyway, I'm not waiting over 3 weeks for Amazon to ship this so they can ship "household goods" first. Get real.

We'll see on an upcoming sunny day what park to go to, to walk paths for a few hours. They haven't shut those down yet in MI, I'm absolutely going when we can. It depends more on weather up here than schedules for us, a muddy walk in the rain isn't that awesome. And it's definitely been doing a lot of raining this winter & start of spring.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join