It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benefits of Virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
1. Traffic deaths have to be going down drastically.
2. Job related fatalities / injuries are down with nobody at work.
3. Common flu numbers have to be going down.
4. Environmental pollution is down.
5. Stock prices. Good time to buy.

I'm sure there are many more benefits. It's not all negative.
edit on Mon Mar 16 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Culling of the boomers will help the insurance companies and save us hundreds of billions (trillions?) in social security.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

1 Traffic is not down from what I've seen

2 The dangerous jobs are still being done

3 no idea on the flu

4 See number 2

5 not really helping those of us that still have 401ks

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I finally have a valid reason to blow off going to the health club today.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So long as the government doesn't "help" too much, the economy should recover fairly swiftly after corona burns off. There won't be anything to prevent the pieces being picked up and put back together. This isn't like regular disasters where infrastructure and the like is destroyed.

Heck, if we do it right, there won't even be a manpower shortage.

Everything should be right there ready to get back to humming again, so everything should start to power up quickly.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And toiletpaper/tissue stock prices are BOOMING!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hard to put numbers on anything right now but there are going to be some positives. I live in a big city and traffic has absolutely declined.

I would also add home robberies declining. With more people home all day the soft targets are drying up.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
People are learning to do something I have been doing for years. Prep

There will be many new Americans born 9 months after the coming quarantine.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I'm definitely going to contest point #1, because it seems my community is actually having more wrecks lately thanks to all of this. Now, technically, the actual reason could be daylight savings, wrecks definitely go up more around that time, but with all the panic everyone is doing in my town I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's also to blame.

Hell, even my mom was in a wreck(thankfully not her fault, the other driver took blame), so from a small town perspective, traffic is actually going up.

From what I hear, we even had our first fist fight over toilet paper the other day. I kept thinking people in small towns would be smarter than big cities, y'know, since there's less of a hive-mind mentality, but that'll teach me to have high hopes for humans in general.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Traffic has gone way down. Less going to the airports, events. I know this is hard for small towns to understand but it is going down nationally.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Husband works in bio-pharma. His coworkers in other departments razz him about being WFH. They are really razzing him right now because of the directives to WFH as much as possible because they're all necessary onsite.

There's a lot of eye-rolling over some of the reaction even though they do understand why certain measures are being taken; they also think a lot of people are way over-reacting to those same measures.
edit on 16-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It'll be like Y2K's aftermath.... A lot of people eating rice, beans and Chef Boyar dee.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
It'll be like Y2K's aftermath.... A lot of people eating rice, beans and Chef Boyar dee.

More like cooking things with the rice and beans (they're useful) and donating the Chef Boyardee, but we didn't stock with it in the first place.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Life is still going on as usual here in England.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Gasoline prices under $2.00 @ gallon in Illinois. Great news for those of us who drive a lot.

new topics

top topics

join