It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new nemesis... stupid corvid...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: madmac5150

Probably going to catch some hell for this. But down-home this is the way we would handle it .Well actually we would just shoot it .

Here’s a idea for you .

Take some feed corn and soak it in antifreeze.

Then put it on a cookie sheet and set that on top the roof on your porch or somewhere high .

Make sure none of it spills onto the ground because antifreeze is deadly to all animals . They are attracted to it because it has a sweet taste .

Remember a nemesis is a nemesis .

Little explicit language couple F bombs in the C-word once .

I’ve always got to go for a laugh I can’t help myself . 😆

We free range our birds... so, not an option. My ducks, especially, have enough problems without throwing anti-freeze into the equation...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

You may be looking at this all wrong. Maybe the crow sees the bobcat and is trying to warn the alpacas. Maybe the crow thinks that the alpaca cry keeps bobcats away.

Maybe he's not a nemesis, but a guardian angel with black wings.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

You may be looking at this all wrong. Maybe the crow sees the bobcat and is trying to warn the alpacas. Maybe the crow thinks that the alpaca cry keeps bobcats away.

Maybe he's not a nemesis, but a guardian angel with black wings.

I'm pretty sure that stupid crow, just wanted to get my a$$ off of the couch... for giggles. Me and that crow, are gonna have a go at it... that poor bobcat... collateral damage...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

i had magpies on my property i borrowed a trapping cage from my mate up the rd it had a laminated pic of a magpie in it i but a bit of dog roll in the cage and as magpies are very territorial they came to investigate traped a whole family of 4 killed the buggers as they are classed as a pest here in nz

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Lol this cracks me up I've heard crows mimicking very odd noises before, a few times I would be looking for whatever weird noise I heard...didn't find nothing but then hear the noise high up in the tree and saw it was a crow it made me laugh and I like crows anyway.

There is some bird that lives in either Australia, Indonesia or borneo, I can't think of the name at the moment but they will imitate chainsaws, logging equipment and people talking in the middle of nowhere. If I can find a link to that bird I'll post it.

But hey as one poster said you definitely have a great security system!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The crow who cried wolf.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I suggest you make friends. Leave some cracked corn and stale bread somewhere the Crow(s) can get to it only. Also leave some colored shiny trinkets for them. They/it will become territorial and protective of your area. Crows travel in Congresses. That is about 12 to 14 individuals and are separated by roughly a half or better miles distance. (as the crow flies), and live near the treetops. Or Kill it. ...NO...It's better to have allies, and a crow is an aerial ally that has a much better view of danger. And with patience and sparkly treats will serve to contain it's territory and yours from harm.
edit on 9-2-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Probably going to catch some hell for this. But down-home this is the way we would handle it .Well actually we would just shoot it .

Here’s a idea for you .

Take some feed corn and soak it in antifreeze.

Then put it on a cookie sheet and set that on top the roof on your porch or somewhere high .

Make sure none of it spills onto the ground because antifreeze is deadly to all animals . They are attracted to it because
it has a sweet taste .

Remember a nemesis is a nemesis .

Little explicit language couple F bombs in the C-word once .

I’ve always got to go for a laugh I can’t help myself . 😆

Falling, what a Rat B. comment to make. That is not you ! ...is it ? come on, take it back. I expect compassion from you, not ................. well cary on..

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Taking out a crow isn't easy. But it can be done. And sometimes must be.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well placed rat trap or two should do it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join