It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Pitch Torture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Only on ATS I get this absolutely horrible high pitch horrendous sound, that curdles every cell in my body. And then I get obnoxious WIndows posts to update my protections. Only on ATS.
I have a serious "infection" and now have to turn in my "tower" for clean up.
Sorry for being redundant but this is becoming tedious.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Does it go like "Reeeeeeeeeee!"
I also hear that a lot when visiting certain forums.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I get that noise sometimes too and a warning about my firewall or something. I immediately close the page and have to leave for a while. I throw my headphones off the minute it happens. Yikes!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Use an ad-blocker and most of your problems will go away, and make sure you're running an up to date antivrus with a good reputation.

I'm all for websites making money to stay up, but so many sites do ads so poorly and this is why blockers exist.
(I whitelist sites where the advertising is done well and is not intrusive.)

Sorry but my computer functioning and having a smooth browsing experience will always take priority over a websites ads. I don't need scam 'Microsoft Technicians' injecting crap onto my PC to make it look like I have a virus or have been hacked when I haven't. (Although I am smart enough to know those pop-ups are bull# which helps a great deal.)

Sorry but I wouldn't expect ATS to get it's # together when it comes to website design any time soon. I mean it's 2020 and the site still doesn't even have a basic SSL certificate.

People have been complaining about these things for years, and for years nothing has changed, so I wouldn't hold my breathe they will change anytime soon.

End of the day it's up to us to protect our own devices and surf smart.
Get educated about the software and hardware you're using. That's half the battle.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ther'es is an earlier thread talking about the current ad issues.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please discuss your issues there.
and...

Please note:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

Closed.

top topics

join