It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Aliens might look like according to evolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
You are making the assumption, that evolution theory is fact. Micro evolution does happen... which is why we have chihuahuas, teacup poodles, and other completely useless animals. Macro evolution, has never been documented... ie., amoeba don't turn into fish, fish don't turn into reptiles and reptiles don't turn into mammals... evolution is a theory, that is taught as fact.

The Earth was once believed to be the center of the universe. It was taught, as fact... for centuries. You could end up executed, for proposing anything counter to that belief.

Evolution theory, is a mistake... but it's a mistake, that the scientific community has too much invested in.

I'm guessing that both humans, and aliens are the result of intelligent design... at the least.

Life is far too beautiful, to be an accident of chemistry.

Worthy of a bump.
Second line.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Geo-centrism without the aid of telescopes to this day still accurately describes the motion of celestial objects we can observe with the naked aye.

I've been arguing this point on another thread, how technology generally renders our scientific understanding as progressive and incomplete. Not that you should try argue the point with an atheist, they will just call you crazy.

In 1000 years our models will again appear primitive and i predict theology and science may once again combine to give us a more balanced theory of the cosmos.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Violater1
I've been arguing this point on another thread, how technology generally renders our scientific understanding as progressive and incomplete. Not that you should try argue the point with an atheist, they will just call you crazy.

As something of an atheist myself, I agree with you, although I think it more accurately describes the evolution (or perhaps revolution, since it seems to involve old ideas that keep recurring) of the way society approaches how it defines and manipulates what it sees as reality. People will laugh at old ways of thinking (smoking is good for your lungs!) but will also be completely unaware that some of the very ideas they hold dear (a good person works hard to solve a problem) might seem equally laughable in a surprisingly short time. The history of chemistry, a foundational science in our culture, is a string of "we thought this was how it worked, but here's how we think it really works now!". So it's reasonable to assume that what they think now will also be shown to be if not wrong, at least woefully incomplete.

I think that when you have people like Stephen Hawking talking about the universe being made of "information," you're already talking about hard science trying to incorporate what are essentially sociological concepts into the mix. Not exactly like a god myth, but then cosmologies themselves evolved from earlier concepts of Earth and sky spirits. What is The Programmer, if not a kind of god, grinding out code toward some unfathomable end?

After that, though, who knows how reality will ultimately be defined? We may need to come up with entirely new concepts. A new mathematics and cosmology. If humanity lasts that long. I'm giving it another 1,000 years, maybe less.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
To the thread's author:

An alien can look like a Gray, few minutes later it can look like a beautiful woman, later it can look like a hostile UFO. It is transforming technology, the body can be altered to support the alien's needs.

So, if the alien wants to go in the White House to hand over a document about a spacecraft, it has to turn into a nice woman.
When it goes home, it will become a Gray. This works the same way, as you choose a nice dress or a jacket to wear.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You are making the assumption, that evolution theory is fact. Micro evolution does happen... which is why we have chihuahuas, teacup poodles, and other completely useless animals. Macro evolution, has never been documented... ie., amoeba don't turn into fish, fish don't turn into reptiles and reptiles don't turn into mammals... evolution is a theory, that is taught as fact.

The Earth was once believed to be the center of the universe. It was taught, as fact... for centuries. You could end up executed, for proposing anything counter to that belief.

Evolution theory, is a mistake... but it's a mistake, that the scientific community has too much invested in.

I'm guessing that both humans, and aliens are the result of intelligent design... at the least.

I agree 100%. Now, I'm certain the hostility will begin because oh dear god (I don't believe in a god either) someone dares question Lord Darwin. The fervor with which defenders of the evolution faith engage heretics/non-believers rivals that of those running the Inquisition. It's become "fact" rather than a possibility because humans have to think they have the answers to life's biggest questions. We always have thought that way. Now, evolution came dancing in 100+ years ago as "settled science" -- LOL -- and no one had better even think of questionting it. Otherwise, you will be relegated to the ranks of the ignorant, uninformed, the stupid.

Intelligent design? I don't buy the god thing. As many holes in that belief as there are in evolution. Both are based on faith. Yes, faith. Neither have the ability to show us first-hand evidence and the questions that mount are never answered. Dissenters are ALWAYS ridiculed.

There's simply much more evidence for the existence of aliens than there is or ever has been evidence for evolution. Or god. My "theory" -- like that of many others -- is that ET created us and many of the species here or transplanted them here. I think the world is a big science and sociological lab -- multiple races, animals, etc.

edit on 26-1-2020 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
Glasgow + 10 pints of Lager on a Saturday night. Sunday morning you know exactly what an alien looks like as you wake up next to it.

Spend the next 2 days like this:

You sir. Win the internet. Funny!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

true

edit on 25-2-2020 by Time4Nostalgia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I've been thinking lately if the planet was poisonous to humans then the Aliens might look like poisonous animals on earth with bright colors, stripes, or spots.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I've been thinking lately if the planet was poisonous to humans then the Aliens might look like poisonous animals on earth with bright colors, stripes, or spots.

The Earth was poisonous to humans for billions of years, but we obviously have no record of how the aliens decided to explore it at that time. As something that didn't require a whole lot of oxygen, I assume.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

The Earth was poisonous to humans for billions of years, but we obviously have no record of how the aliens decided to explore it at that time. As something that didn't require a whole lot of oxygen, I assume.

My grammar might have been confusing I meant on an Alien World/Exo Planet that has a toxic atmosphere to humans, the aliens I'd image would look like poisonous animals and be multicolored, bright colors, stripes or spots. Probably would smell bad too.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

My grammar might have been confusing I meant on an Alien World/Exo Planet that has a toxic atmosphere to humans, the aliens I'd image would look like poisonous animals and be multicolored, bright colors, stripes or spots. Probably would smell bad too.

It would depend on what the predators of that planet looked like and what senses they had. In an atmosphere toxic to humans, creatures might not even develop eyes. Just wiggly antennae. After all, even on Earth, the most common creatures don't look a whole lot like us. Bugs. Bug shapes could win out.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Lab driven macroevolution is something that we do. Not sure why you believe this couldn't happen naturally, since we can make it happen ourselves. Unless you think this all powerful nature of reality is somehow inferior to what can be done with some pipettes, a couple afternoons, and a little gene splicing.

I personally, have taken genes from one organism, and made them functional in another organism, with completely separate taxonomy. Nature can create the Universe, but not handle what I did as a teenager in a high school biology class? (This was 15+ FREAKIN YEARS AGO. You need to get up to date on what's possible in genetics, old man.)
Horse hockey.
edit on 3-8-2021 by Archivalist because: boomers, am i right?

<< 1   >>

join