It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When no moral awareness from leaders of a city, state or nation, this is what lies ahead of you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think its important to see this link and understand one thing: "in times of major disasters, please count on community togetherness and not your politician to solve the matters". The reason for this is that "all politicians" will want to put out the necessary help when govt money is involved to their freinds, family and business donators. I even saw it after the Hanshin Earthquake here in Japan. Sucks I tell ya , but its so true.

This is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I think its important to see this link and understand one thing: "in times of major disasters, please count on community togetherness and not your politician to solve the matters". The reason for this is that "all politicians" will want to put out the necessary help when govt money is involved to their freinds, family and business donators. I even saw it after the Hanshin Earthquake here in Japan. Sucks I tell ya , but its so true.

I see that Japan is just as corrupt as the USA when it comes to passing out government monies. So sad. I like what Regan said government is not the answer.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

I see that Japan is just as corrupt as the USA when it comes to passing out government monies. So sad. I like what Regan said government is not the answer.

Perhaps 'the government to which you have become accustomed' is not the answer. We are still a way off having true democracy.

Perhaps we need for a system where human factors don't weigh so heavily and that the system should auto-balance to ensure equitable distribution of resources.

Or, perhaps we'll just complain about it and do nothing.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here in the state's, our politicians take an oath to uphold the constitution, bill of rights, and serve and protect the republic.

Every one of them has failed to uphold this oath.

Every one of them should be held criminally accountable for negligence, bribery, coercion, misuse of public funds, sedition, etc..
The r.i.c.o act could easily be used on about 90% of them.

However, we have all these wonderfully egotistical citizens who are to busy enjoying the benefits of their social and monetary status, rather than actually putting the bull# aside to admit we ALL have to work together to rid ourselves if the current status quo- twitterati retardism that is our society,

They would rather pretend/say they are doing all they can.

When in actuality, they are not doing a damn thing, because it's currently benefiting them.

Right here, right now mentality.

It's a problem, and the solution won't be pretty.

www.cop.senate.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.cop.senate.gov... riefing/Oath_Office.htm
edit on 4-12-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
your answer is here....a democracy won't work...a republic or it's a waste of time.......

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps 'the government to which you have become accustomed' is not the answer. We are still a way off having true democracy.

Perhaps we need for a system where human factors don't weigh so heavily and that the system should auto-balance to ensure equitable distribution of resources.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Fortunately in America, our Founding Fathers looked at the history of a "True Democracy" and gave it the thumbs down.

Because reality.

Democracies have been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death.

James Madison

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

John Adams

The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived.

John Quincy Adams

It has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity.

Alexander Hamilton

The idea that if a majority of stupid people gather together and vote then they have somehow made a smart decision is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The entire world is filled with corruption and sin. It isn't Japan, or the USA or any other country, it's the entire world and it's always been that way. The message here is in understanding your place in it all. There are only two sides and no fence sitting. Can you say what the two sides are?
Hint: It's really that simple.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The entire world is filled with corruption and sin. It isn't Japan, or the USA or any other country, it's the entire world and it's always been that way. The message here is in understanding your place in it all. There are only two sides and no fence sitting. Can you say what the two sides are?
Hint: It's really that simple.

Yes, and I can say that I give it my best by living on the "good type of behavior" and not the "bad type of behavior" side.

Those are the 2 sides of life I believe that exist for humankind. And will always be that way, sadly, but true.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Fortunately in America, our Founding Fathers looked at the history of a "True Democracy" and gave it the thumbs down.

Because reality.

Democracies have been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death.

James Madison

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

John Adams

The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived.

John Quincy Adams

It has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity.

Alexander Hamilton

The idea that if a majority of stupid people gather together and vote then they have somehow made a smart decision is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

Since we have never had a true democracy, upon what were all those sterling people basing their opinion?

The idea is that the average intelligence of a large number of people is precisely 'normal'. The stupid thing is assuming it isn't.

People, in large or in small groups, are self seeking. This means that a small group when governing a large population base is necessarily going to favor themselves over the populace. If all the populace have equal say, the distribution becomes fairer, even if the motivations of individuals are self seeking.

It is for this reason that a Republic is never fair and the wealthy and the privileged take unfair advantage.

All three of the people you quoted seemed to value the length of time of the existence of a political system, as if that were a relevant measure. The truth is that some of the most oppressive and unfair regimes have been of extremely long duration.

The Ethiopian state is probably one of the longest lived at @ 2,900 years. The second and third being the Chinese Văn Lang state and the Japanese state at @ 2,600 years. And so on...

In comparison, the Roman republic, upon which these quoted writers based their opinions, only existed for @ 500 years and was unremarkable for the length of its duration.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The classical era Greeks had a true Democracy. In fact they created the whole idea of a Democracy, but the idea was flawed in how their true Democracy worked and it was corrupted by the rich. A better system of a Republic was later created that was very successful in the Greek world.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

The classical era Greeks had a true Democracy. In fact they created the whole idea of a Democracy, but the idea was flawed in how their true Democracy worked and it was corrupted by the rich. A better system of a Republic was later created that was very successful in the Greek world.

The classical Greeks had three branches of government and looked similar to the American republic in many ways. It degenerated due to a strong political leader and a general, Pericles.

Nor was it a true democracy because not everyone got the vote. Out of a population of about 100,000 official 'Athenian' citizens, only about 40,000 could vote. That is not to mention the 150,000 slaves who had no legal rights, or those who were not regarded as 'Athenian', despite their permanent residency (about 10,000).

So, no, I won't concede.

edit on 4/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Think back further to Solons reformations.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

How is a republic better than a true democracy?

join