It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Uncertainty Principle, Wigner's Friend Quantum Entanglement on Large Scales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The evidence is becoming quite clear. All is Quantum and this means the things science can't explain is easily explainable scientifically if all is Quantum. This just means Quantum Mechanics applies on all scales but it will manifest differently for classical systems. The evidence is overwhelming and I will lay out some of it here.

First let's look at Wigner's Friend. Recent experiments have confirmed Wigner's Friend on quantum levels. Wigner's Friend says two observers can measure different outcomes for the same event. Basically put, Wigner's Friend tells us that Wigner's Friend in the lab can "collapse the wave function" in the H and V basis in the lab and the single photon is no longer entangled. Wigner outside the lab can carry out an interference measurement and he still sees interference and he can assume that his friend in the lab hasn't carried out a measurement.

He gets a call from his friend who tells him he carried out the measurement and the results now Wigner doesn't see interference. This sounds like Bayesian updating and if we were talking about anything Universal, why didn't Wigner's Friend "collapse the interference" for Wigner?

Here's more:

Experimental test of local observer-independence

The scientific method relies on facts, established through repeated measurements and agreed upon universally, independently of who observed them. In quantum mechanics, the objectivity of observations is not so clear, most dramatically exposed in Eugene Wigner's eponymous thought experiment where two observers can experience seemingly different realities. The question whether these realities can be reconciled in an observer-independent way has long remained inaccessible to empirical investigation, until recent no-go-theorems constructed an extended Wigner's friend scenario with four observers that allows us to put it to the test. In a state-of-the-art 6-photon experiment, we realise this extended Wigner's friend scenario, experimentally violating the associated Bell-type inequality by 5 standard deviations. If one holds fast to the assumptions of locality and free-choice, this result implies that quantum theory should be interpreted in an observer-dependent way.

arxiv.org...

This is saying, until observers compare notes so to speak about the results of a measurement, they can both measure different outcomes for the same event. SOUND FAMILIAR?

Frauchiger and Renner's thought experiment is about this very thing. They say if all is quantum, then on a classical level, 1/12 or around 8% of the time classical observers will measure different outcomes for the same event.

Quantum theory cannot consistently describe the use of itself

Quantum theory provides an extremely accurate description of fundamental processes in physics. It thus seems likely that the theory is applicable beyond the, mostly microscopic, domain in which it has been tested experimentally. Here, we propose a Gedankenexperiment to investigate the question whether quantum theory can, in principle, have universal validity. The idea is that, if the answer was yes, it must be possible to employ quantum theory to model complex systems that include agents who are themselves using quantum theory. Analysing the experiment under this presumption, we find that one agent, upon observing a particular measurement outcome, must conclude that another agent has predicted the opposite outcome with certainty. The agents’ conclusions, although all derived within quantum theory, are thus inconsistent. This indicates that quantum theory cannot be extrapolated to complex systems, at least not in a straightforward manner.

www.nature.com...

Here's more:

The setup is now ripe for a contradiction. When Alice gets a YES for her measurement, she infers that the coin toss came up tails, and when Bob gets a YES for his measurement, he infers the coin toss came up heads. Most of the time, Alice and Bob will get opposite answers. But Frauchiger and Renner showed that in 1/12 of the cases both Alice and Bob will get a YES in the same run of the experiment, causing them to disagree about whether Alice’s friend got a heads or a tails. “So, both of them are talking about the past event, and they are both sure what it was, but their statements are exactly opposite,” Renner said. “And that’s the contradiction. That shows something must be wrong.”

www.quantamagazine.org...

This reminds me of Einstein and the EPR Paradox. Einstein set out to show Quantum Entanglement can't be right but in the end all he did was strengthen it. Frauchiger and Renner have concluded something must be wrong but actually there conclusion tells us why we experience these things. We call them strange coincidences.

I remember being at a store with my Mom and I was walking up the end of the aisle and my Mom came rushing up one of the aisles and said did you see Patty. Patty is my cousin. There was nobody but me walking up the end of the aisle. We even looked around the store for my cousin Patty. Of course, my Mom laughed it off and said she must have been mistaken. These types of things happen all the time but when they happen we just explain it away.

WHAT IF?

My Mom and I, for a split second, observed 2 different events? You have people that remember Mandela dying in jail while others don't. You have people that are declared dead and their bodies are taken to the morgue, yet they are alive. Again, these things would happen around 8% of the time but 92% of the time observers will measure the same outcomes. This is spread out over the population but it's very noticeable.

Man Declared Dead by 3 Doctors Wakes Up in Morgue Just Hours Before Autopsy

www.sciencealert.com...

'Dead' woman found alive in South Africa morgue fridge

www.bbc.co.uk...

72-year-old man declared dead by doctor found alive in mortuary

www.indiatoday.in...

I can go on for 30 pages listing examples like these along with things labeled medical miracles. If all is quantum, this is what we should expect to see.

Let's go back to Wigner's Friend. Let's say Wigner's Friend in the lab is carrying out Schrodinger's Cat experiment. Wigner's Friend carries out the experiment and the cat dies. Wigner outside can do interference measurements on the same particles his friends used but he finds interference and comes to the conclusion that his friend didn't carry out the experiment yet. The interference will not change for Wigner until his friend calls him and tells him the results. Until then, Wigner can measure a different outcome than his friend classically around 1/12 of the time.

So Wigner goes into the lab and Wigner's friend has left the lab. 92% of the time, Wigner will find a dead cat but 8% of the time he might find a live cat if though his friend measured a dead cat. So the wave functions for Wigner and his friend are not in sync or in phase so to speak until there's some Bayesian updating.

In this case, Wigner will find his friend and say, I've found the cat alive. Wigner's friend will just explain it away and say I thought the cat was dead but I must have been mistaken ...

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
... Like the bodies taken to the morgue.

Look at Dopplenger's. I was just reading about the Dopplenger for the Climate Change girl Greta Thunberg.

Girl in 121-year-old photo from UW archives looks exactly like Greta Thunberg, sparking internet jokes that she’s a time traveler

They even wear their hair the same. This is nothing new. Here's 2 non related baseball players that look alike and not only do they look similar, they have led a similar life even though they didn't know each other.

They both are 6'4 with red hair that wear the same hairstyle, they both wear glasses, they both play baseball and both share the same name Brady Feigl. They took a DNA test and they're not related. This isn't new either. Here's more:

It's not just they look similar, they also live similar lives in some cases without even meeting each other.

Again, this can be easily explained if all is quantum. In a small percentage of cases spread out over 7 billion people, you might have 2 or more people born in the same universe that are supposed to be born in separate universes because if all is quantum, the multiverse exists.

You have scientist saying large scale structures are entangled:

New findings in astronomy are making some astronomers doubt our basic model of the universe.
Alignments of celestial objects suggest that they may be embedded in large-scale structures.
Galaxies too far apart to be influencing each other are moving through space together.

Several pieces of research are causing interest in these large-scale structures to heat up. The most mind-blowingly distant synchronized motion was reported in 2014, when the rotation axes of 19 super-massive black holes at the centers of quasars — out of 100 quasars studied — were found to be in alignment, billions of light years apart. According to the study's lead author, astronomer Damien Hutsemékers of the University of Liège in Belgium, "Galaxy spin axes are known to align with large-scale structures such as cosmic filaments but this occurs on smaller scales. However, there is currently no explanation why the axes of quasars are aligned with the axis of the large group in which they are embedded."

The first word of the research paper's title, "Spooky Alignment of Quasars Across Billions of Light-years," invokes cosmic-scale quantum entanglement as a possible explanation.

bigthink.com...

Add in space-time as an error correcting code, quantum logic gates forming near black holes and more, it's pretty obvious we live in a quantum world on a classical level. Our local experiences are shielded from interference for the most part but not from quantum effects entirely.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
It would seem that every mystery that unfolds will always lead to an even deeper mystery...and so on forever. It truly is turtles all the way down.
Why? Because His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Relativity changes as it enters into the quanta.
edit on 22-11-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

join