It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New 1280 Lbs Pull Force Magnet - Did I find a Leprachaun Pot ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatpastyhead
Are there no markings in or on the cauldron/pot?
Using a few terms in Google brings up some stuff that looks really close to what you have. Just thinking to look for any identifying marks.

No marks, unless something under that crust of mud inside it. I'll clean it as soon as possible.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: Trueman
The tiny anvil and hammers (?) - could be for fine workmanship. I have a tiny anvil somewhere for working small items.

Is not that I don't believe you but it would be great if you can post a pic.

Google image search vintage jewelers anvil

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It all looked like beginner's luck to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Hahaha....certainly it doesn't happen too often. Let's see what I can get this weekend, I friend will let me search her house near a lake. Wishing good weather

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Hahaha....certainly it doesn't happen too often. Let's see what I can get this weekend, I friend will let me search her house near a lake. Wishing good weather

Have you considered targeting historical spots?

ACQUACKANONK BRIDGE??

www.revolutionarywarnewjersey.com...

I would work the banks beside the bridge in either direction as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Caractacus

I checked that place. There is no access to the river. The bridge has fences on its sides. That's a great spot for obvious reasonsđź‘Ť

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I checked that place. There is no access to the river. The bridge has fences on its sides. That's a great spot for obvious reasonsđź‘Ť

I would consider renting a boat if possible? If George Washington camped his troops on the river there? Maybe cover downstream as well working up to the bridge assuming the river carried stuff over the years. I think you might have "hooked" me. I might have to buy a magnet and scope out some places where I live.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Go for it ! Get your gear and start treasure hunting, you'll love itđź‘Ť

Yes, I thought about investing in a cheap heavy duty inflatable boat. Hopefully by next year.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Was there a rainbow attached to it?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It's a Leprechaun's chamber pot.
Don't worry they poop gold too.

Seriously though , those are some awesome finds!
I've been wanting to take up metal detecting, this seems just as fun though.

It took me all summer but I'm back exploring and treasure hunting. I'm pretty excited about this new magnet. It's a beast. You know how much I love doing this and finding weird stuff, so imagine how I felt when that thing came out from the water. Enjoy the video and subscribe !!!

As usual, I'll ask all of you to help me find out what are these artifacts. I thought they could be sorta witchcraft or old trade tools. Hard to believe they are toys. No Idea how old they are, no marks, letters or symbols. Really intriguing. Help Trueman please

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JonathanNicholas
Glad to see your motivation. It's addictive in a good wayđź‘Ť

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Go for it ! Get your gear and start treasure hunting, you'll love itđź‘Ť

Yes, I thought about investing in a cheap heavy duty inflatable boat. Hopefully by next year.

I live on a 1 acre mixed woods and former farmland, now suburbia. I live on the original 1850 farmhouse for the sprawling 1980s 400 acre subdivision behind me. Stone foundation, pine timber beams. I already have to wait until the wife is out of town before I break out the metal detector and dig up patches in the yard. I have found two wagon wheels, one old pistol, lot's of tackle for horses and wagons, an old EMPTY piggy bank circa 1870 shaped like a pig. I try to dig sod in such a way I can flip it back down and my wife wont notice and ask WTF. Just trying to figure out what excuse I can think of to go missing on weekends for hours at a time with rope and magnet

edit on 13-11-2019 by Caractacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

First advice coming to my mind is buy a gold ring and bury it. Then bring your wife to the place and make her believe that your detector found it and give it to her.

My wife doesn't like my hobby neither. Exploring and treasure hunting makes a man more interesting for girls maybe.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Nice pot !

You did me a favor I have thought about trying magnet fishing for awhile my birthday is coming up and couldn't think of anything I wanted so I asked my Birthday fairy for this the 1st one I sent her was "used only" available . so I upgraded
I think I will put a few nails on it so it never locks on something heavy and flat lol (didn't want to derail the gun thread so I put it here)

Magnet
edit on 1/7/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

That's a nice set. Great way to start the hobby !

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join