It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the LGBT agenda

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Why do people care so goddamn much about LGBTQ being allowed to be themselves? They are real people that live in the same country as us and have jobs like us and pay taxes like us. It's about time we leave them alone. The only reason they are in the media and making noise is because they are routinely discriminated against. The only agenda is equality and being treated like normal people. I get that hurts certain religious people deep down inside, but that's their problem and LGBTQ shouldn't be repressed or hidden away because they are insecure.

edit on 11 9 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Doublepost.
edit on 10-11-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I don't believe most people care about LGBTQ people being themselves. Generally, people are happy to leave other people alone to go about their lives, working and paying taxes and dealing with all the crap life throws at you.

The problem arises when activits in the LGBTQ community want extra rights. They want civil or ciminal penalties levied against those who don't subscribe to their beliefs. They have an agenda that exceeds equality.

Lots of people of all races and beliefs have been discriminated against, that is a part of life. I'd be surprised if there was ever a time in the future where no form of discrimination exists. Reality is harsh and unfair.

I find it interesting that you are perfectly fine with disrciminating against religious people in favor of LGBTQ people. I wonder who else you're okay with discriminating against? It seems hippocritical in my opinion.

There are many people in the LGBTQ community that are only intersted in eaulity and being left alone and I'm sure that goes for most people, but every group has rabble rousers that want to take advantge of the system and swing it in their favor. I personally don't believe that puts them in the right, even if they have experienced discrimination.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Rainbows happened millions of years before the bible claims. The rainbow does not belong to "god".

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

You know what's funny. Where's the source. Show me where this happened?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatos0042
The problem arises when activits in the LGBTQ community want extra rights. They want civil or ciminal penalties levied against those who don't subscribe to their beliefs. They have an agenda that exceeds equality.

What extra rights? Who is being penalized for not being LGBTQ? Please name a right that an LGBTQ has, which a cisgender does not. The whole LGBTQ agenda thing is just a paranoid delusion fabricated by the religious right. What's the end goal of this agenda, to make everyone LGBTQ? How are your rights being infringed on by them? People act outraged because they have protests and some of them act irrationally, but there is no agenda. Just a group of persecuted people fighting for equality.

Lots of people of all races and beliefs have been discriminated against, that is a part of life. I'd be surprised if there was ever a time in the future where no form of discrimination exists. Reality is harsh and unfair.

Is that supposed to be an argument justifying discrimination against LGBTQ today? LOL @ "that is a part of life." Something tells me you have never experienced any real persecution. How many businesses have you been kicked out of for being cisgender?

I find it interesting that you are perfectly fine with disrciminating against religious people in favor of LGBTQ people. I wonder who else you're okay with discriminating against? It seems hippocritical in my opinion.

LOL, where did you get "you are perfectly fine with disrciminating against religious people in favor of LGBTQ people" in my post? Everybody should be treated equally regardless of beliefs or demographic. People are free to believe what they want provided they aren't infringing on or discriminating against others. Religious, LGBTQ, atheist, conservative, liberal, black, white, asian. Hate crimes against any one of those groups are treated the same. Any one of those groups can live how they want, but the second it extends to forcing others to follow your view or penalizing those who don't, the freedom is gone.

Religious freedom works like this:

That is against my religion, therefor I can't do it.

NOT

That is against my religion, therefor YOU can't do it

There are many people in the LGBTQ community that are only intersted in eaulity and being left alone and I'm sure that goes for most people, but every group has rabble rousers that want to take advantge of the system and swing it in their favor. I personally don't believe that puts them in the right, even if they have experienced discrimination.

You are being very vague here. What exactly are you referring to by "take advantage of the system and swing it in their favor." What is the end game?

edit on 11 13 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What really strips my gears is when gay guys dress their little dogs up in those frilly ballerina costumes and then put one of those tiny Mexican sombreros on them as well. This madness must end!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
What extra rights? Who is being penalized for not being LGBTQ? Please name a right that an LGBTQ has, which a cisgender does not. No reason to be paranoid about some fabricated agenda. What's the end goal of this agenda, to make everyone LGBTQ? How are your rights being infringed on by them?

Pick among the ones where people are fined or fired for misgendering some of the LGBTQ community, which is having that other person's free speech infrigned on. It's not paranoia or fabrication whenit's actually happened.

How would I know their end goals? you'd have to ask one of those activists that push such things.

My rights haven't been infringed on yet, but I don't live in a place where those kinds of laws have been enacted...yet.

I don't disagree - some don't have an agenda, but at the same time, a very vocal group of them DO have an agenda and it's been made very clear.

Is that supposed to be an argument justifying discrimination against LGBTQ today? LOL @ "that is a part of life." Something tells me you have never experienced any real persecution. How many businesses have you been kicked out of for being Christian or cisgender?

Nope, just a statement that reality is messy and not a fairy tale. Not everyone gets the same opportunities, not everyone gets the perfectly fair treatment in life. We don't live in utopia.

I guess it depends on how you define "real persecution." There are plenty of people in the world who have experienced far worse things than I have.

Who said I'm Christian? you shouldn't just sasume things about someone. I've never been kicked out of some place because of my belief system, but then, I don't go around advetising what I believe either.

LOL, where did you get "you are perfectly fine with disrciminating against religious people in favor of LGBTQ people" in my post? Everybody should be treated equally regardless of beliefs or demographic. People are free to believe what they want provided they aren't infringing on or discriminating against others. Religious, LGBTQ, atheist, conservative, liberal, black, white, asian. Hate crimes against any one of those groups are treated the same. Any one of those groups can live how they want, but the second it extends to forcing others to follow your view, the freedom is gone.

You made it pretty clear in your previous post religous people should have to suck it up. Seems like you were fine with discriminating against them. Thanks for clearing that up then and it's good to know you agree that LGBTQ groups that force people to use their preferred gender and pronouns via leverage of law (fines/firing) are infringing on other groups freedoms.

You are being very vague here. What exactly are you referring to by "take advantage of the system and swing it in their favor." What is the end game?

Just exactly what I said, some people game the systems we have in place to come out on top, which I imagine is the end game, but since I'm not one of those people I could only speculate.
edit on 13-11-2019 by Thanatos0042 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

The thing is LGBT people have NEVER came to my door and tried pushing their beliefs on me. Numerous religious people have. Not to mention LGBT people don't choose who they are. Religious people choose to ignore science, logic, and reason and try and force their 2000 year old "morals" on society.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Which source are you referring too?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Thanatos0042

The thing is LGBT people have NEVER came to my door and tried pushing their beliefs on me. Numerous religious people have. Not to mention LGBT people don't choose who they are. Religious people choose to ignore science, logic, and reason and try and force their 2000 year old "morals" on society.

Well, I guess you live in a different place than I do or other people do. I've never had an LGBTQ person or a religious person push their beliefs on me. But I know it isn't true for everyone. The world is full of all kinds of activists who push their agendas.

Well, apparently the non-religious people weren't people weren't interested in founding western society, so the religious people did it and got to weave in their beliefs to the very foundation of the country as a perk of doing so.

I'm not entirely sure you can divest the country of that either, I believe it may have quite the destabaling effect on the country to do so as well since the documents it was founded on contain that kind of language.

You can claim they ignore science, logic and reason, but I don't that hasn't generally been my experience with a lot of religious people, excepting fanatics of course (again, a group that exists in every faction of people).

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Pick among the ones where people are fined or fired for misgendering some of the LGBTQ community, which is having that other person's free speech infrigned on. It's not paranoia or fabrication whenit's actually happened.

LOL @ pretending that is an extra right when all the groups I mentioned above have that SAME EXACT standard when it comes to discrimination! No rights are being trampled on by holding people accountable for hate crimes and gender discrimination. Nobody is getting fired for accidentally using the wrong pronoun, the only difference now is that LGBTQ are protected the same way all other demographic groups are.

How would I know their end goals? you'd have to ask one of those activists that push such things.

You claimed there is an agenda.

My rights haven't been infringed on yet, but I don't live in a place where those kinds of laws have been enacted...yet.

Name a place where you can get arrested for accidentally using the wrong pronoun or quote a law that claims it is illegal to do such. There has to be discrimination and/or a crime involved (ie the Canadian law). I can name multiple countries where being LGBTQ is punishable by death. How many countries can you name where cisgenders are executed strictly for being straight? But yeah it's the cisgender folks that REALLY have it bad for having to see LGBTQ people in their country. The horror!!!! You do realize people like you said the same exact crap about civil rights in the 60s right?

I don't disagree - some don't have an agenda, but at the same time, a very vocal group of them DO have an agenda and it's been made very clear.

It's very clear, yet you can't even name the agenda or the goal of such. LOL. You are just offended by them being treated normally and can't get past that.

Nope, just a statement that reality is messy and not a fairy tale. Not everyone gets the same opportunities, not everyone gets the perfectly fair treatment in life. We don't live in utopia.

SO WHAT? That doesn't make it okay to discriminate.

Who said I'm Christian? you shouldn't just sasume things about someone. I've never been kicked out of some place because of my belief system, but then, I don't go around advetising what I believe either.

Yeah, I edited that and changed it to just cisgender, but please don't try to pretend you aren't Christian. We aren't stupid.

You made it pretty clear in your previous post religous people should have to suck it up. Seems like you were fine with discriminating against them. Thanks for clearing that up then and it's good to know you agree that LGBTQ groups that force people to use their preferred gender and pronouns via leverage of law (fines/firing) are infringing on other groups freedoms.

How are religious people being discriminated against here? I definitely did not advocate for that, but Christians have a victim mentality, so they consider themselves victims when being told not to persecute or discriminate and pretend that they are being persecuted by not being allowed to discriminate.

I clearly said all people should be treated equally regardless of their personal beliefs or yours. That's how freedom of religion works and I clearly explained that. You are free to practice your religion, but you can't violate somebody else's rights or shun/punish somebody for not believing the same thing. Live and let live. Pretty simple philosophy and Jesus even supported that in the bible, yet so many Christians are hellbent on discriminating against these people and think it's their god given right to punish them over goddamn fairy tales.

LOL @ "forcing somebody to use a pronoun." YEAH, that is TOTALLY a violation of rights, by asking somebody to respect another's wishes. You people are absurd, I'm sorry, and people can't get arrested or fired for accidentally using the wrong pronoun. If they do it purposely and discriminate they can. Just like if there was a woman at my office that was considered "ugly" and people called her a man and referred to her as "him." They can get fired, but you don't expect the same rights to apply to LGBTQ. Why? Why is it a big deal to respect people? Why is it a big deal to treat them normally? Again, it's a YOU problem, people made all these same arguments during civil rights as well. It's irrational paranoia based on the slippery slope fallacy.

Just exactly what I said, some people game the systems we have in place to come out on top, which I imagine is the end game, but since I'm not one of those people I could only speculate.

Again, that's just vague nonsense. What is "come out on top"? On top of what? Sorry your agenda is nonsense.

so the religious people did it and got to weave in their beliefs to the very foundation of the country as a perk of doing so.

No. The US was founded on religious freedom, not any particular belief system and no it was not woven into laws. Read the constitution.

You can claim they ignore science, logic and reason, but I don't that hasn't generally been my experience with a lot of religious people

You might want to look at the religious sections on this website. They ignore science, logic and reason CONSTANTLY, and part of that ignorance is slandering LGBTQ and pretending there is some kind of agenda aside from being treated normally like anybody else who lives in our country.

edit on 11 14 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The source for the claim that they are pushing this rainbow poppy.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

...snip...You do realize people like you said the same exact crap about civil rights in the 60s right?

I stopped reading here and deleted my respnse to what was above. You were already rude to me and somewhat insulting to me in your last post, not to mention making all kinds of ASSUMPTIONS, but the moment you insulted me with the "people like you" I decided interacting with someone so filled with such narrowminded hate and intolerance is not worth wasting my time and limited energy with.

We'll never have a meeting of the minds or productive discssion on this topic, so good luck and good day to you.
edit on 15-11-2019 by Thanatos0042 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

...snip...You do realize people like you said the same exact crap about civil rights in the 60s right?

I stopped reading here and deleted my respnse to what was above. You were already rude to me and somewhat insulting to me in your last post, not to mention making all kinds of ASSUMPTIONS, but the moment you insulted me with the "people like you" I decided interacting with someone so filled with such narrowminded hate and intolerance is not worth wasting my time and limited energy with.

We'll never have a meeting of the minds or productive discssion on this topic, so good luck and good day to you.

I was right though. People did make similar arguments about civil rights and many decades following it. "Like you" may have been harsh but you are making those types of arguments. People said that African Americans wanted more rights, people invoked slippery slope saying it will lead to inter racial marriage. People thought blacks would be violent, increase crime and infringe on white people's rights. People said there was an agenda to take America away from whites. Your arguments aren't really much different. People even used religious arguments against it, just like today against LGBTQ

“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.”

— Judge Leon M. Bazile, January 6, 1959

That's really not any different from the argument that God created humans male and female and thus homosexuality and gay marriage is an abomination. Not saying you used this argument, but like minded people who are against LGBTQ and complain about them all the time definitely do.

Nothing you said is actually a demonstration of any LGBTQ agenda and that was my primary point. You seem to be mostly going based on fear, but none of that fear is justified, you point out a few irrational people that champion LGBTQ rights in order to discredit the entire movement as having some nefarious agenda, yet you don't even know what that agenda is. Your argument never really got off the ground. You mentioned laws that punish people for using wrong pronouns, and I broke down how that statement was dead wrong and you couldn't even give an example I asked for.

edit on 11 16 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

There you go, making more ASSUMPTIONS and declarations since I chose to not engage with you. *shakes his head*

But I will respond to this since you made an unjust accusation regarding me - I didn't give you any excamples because I chose not to further engage wtih you, not because I couldn't.
edit on 18-11-2019 by Thanatos0042 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

There you go, making more ASSUMPTIONS and declarations since I chose to not engage with you. *shakes his head*

But I will respond to this since you made an unjust accusation regarding me - I didn't give you any excamples because I chose not to further engage wtih you, not because I couldn't.

LOL @ assumptions. I asked you to back up a claim and you couldn't. Instead of being an offended snow flake, back up your claims. You ignored the content of my entire post over a silly "jab" comparing anti-LGBTQ people to racists from the civil rights era when their ideals were very similar.
edit on 11 19 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join