It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Worse than Chernobyl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Simply put, you can not take the word of well established government agencies.

Lemme guess though..

You will take the word of a random person on YouTube or any other Conspiracy focused source right?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The scientists are telling the truth about global warming but they are lying about fukashima.....lol

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Oh, lord, you guys are cracking me up !!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Simply put, you can not take the word of well established government agencies.

Lemme guess though..

You will take the word of a random person on YouTube or any other Conspiracy focused source right?

Yeah, you are right, we can't trust anyone these days.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I care, but what can I do about it?

a reply to: Groot

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Your article ,that I did read, is a year and a half old garbage piece from mint press, a garbage site.

Show some links to nasa, Noah or any other reputable science source that confirm any significant levels of radiation and their dangers outside of the reactor site.

Well thank you ! I shall do a little more research, oh kind ol wise one !

And, I get this when I research further........

You get this message when Google doesn't know who you are? Their tracking software doesn't like your VPN. Use DuckDuckGo, it should alleviate the captcha problem with Google.

Also to stay on topic, how long will it take for the entire Pacific Ocean to be contaminated with toxic levels of radiation? With a 25 thousand year half-life, a toxically radioactive Pacific Ocean is inevitable. Only when the situation becomes dire, drastic measure will be needed but by then it will be too late.

As for Chernobyl, how long can the Russian government continue containment of their meltdown by pouring concrete on it so it won't begin contamination of the atmosphere.

Two bad situations that won't go away. Radiation-eating bacteria sounds promising but metaphorically that could open a whole new can of worms.

KoKo, the gorilla that learned sign language delivered a last message before passing away, “I am gorilla… I am flowers, animals. I am nature. Man Koko love. Earth Koko love. But man stupid… Stupid! Koko sorry. Koko cry. Time hurry! Fix Earth! Help Earth! Hurry! Protect Earth… Nature see you. Thank you.”

Makes alot of sense.
edit on 9-10-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
I feel exactly the same and it is killing me coz I really love prawns, mussels and salmon 😢

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I posting this because no one cares anymore or they don't realize the impact it is having. Everyone is focused on politics, which is just a bull# cat and mouse game to distract us from what is really going on.

Does anyone out there really care about this at all ?

The change in status is largely the result of the fact that the three melted reactors at the Fukushima plant have never been properly contained and their release of radioactivity into the environment has continued in the years since the meltdown first occurred. For instance, last February, a hole measuring two meters in diameter was discovered within the metal grating at the bottom of the containment vessel built around the plant’s No. 2 reactor, allowing the reactor’s fuel to escape from the reactor and into the surrounding environment. The hole permitted radiation inside the reactor to reach 530 sieverts per hour, a massive increase from the 73 sieverts per hour that were recorded soon after the disaster. To put these figures in perspective, NASA’s maximum amount of radiation exposure permitted for astronauts over their entire lifetimes is 1 sievert.

www.mintpressnews.com...

Please forward this on to Greta and co so they can actually realize the real climate change issues at hand, that way the activists might actually start gaining some credibility and can point fingers and facial snarls at the correct culprits.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There are a lot of atomic energy plants all over the U.S. There are all kinds of them basically down wind of me. With the westerly jet stream, a meltdown or two from power plants hundreds of miles away would cause me some serious fallout.

Why should Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and now Fukushima be the end of it all? Plenty of nuclear power plants around the states as well as the world.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Here's a neat fact...the longer the half life the more stable the isotope is. The more stable the isotope is the less radiation it...well...radiates. So its actually the stuff that has the shorter half life that is really scary as it gives off radiation very quickly. Part of why the cesium was so bad when it first happened. Not sure how much is making it's way to the US still but thank god I dont live on the west coast.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I hear so much conflicting I am giving up even trying

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alphasan

It is nice to see that every once in a while, someone pays some attention to the problem. Truth is, most of us who survived the original efforts to bring light to the situation, have all but accepted that in this day and age people are more content to not know. I posted here under the name during that time, and was very bold about the whole thing, but it was a really huge miscalculation on my part. For the good ones who didn't make it, who ignored the death threats that came in those times for anyone who even dared to contradict the narrative, I salute you. Sandia labs lost a bright light and many great engineers and servicemen were planted, pretty much for nothing.

As for if this is worse than Chernobyl. The GE mark 1 reactor is tiny by comparison. Even the sum of all 4, and their respective spent fuel containment chambers which were packed with fresh MOX, contained far less fuel than Chernobyl. The difference, at tremendous cost of life, including close to 10000 brave young men a women who volunteered to work on Chernobyl, the actual impact of the incident was indeed far less than Fukushima.

The Japanese method of dealing with the problem, has been nothing short of extremely shameful and duplicitous. First thing they did, was throw 200+ billion at the stock market. Then they let Tepco lie and lie and lie. At night, they sent in a destroyer with poor under prepared naval workers to pick up the spent rods littering the property, which I believe they sank afterwards if memory serves me. Then the Yakuza enlisted homeless men to sweep up the mess. They continue to "leak" out large amounts of radioactive waste water intentionally, hand out faulty dosimeters to visiting dignitaries, and have concealed the deaths of over 250000 of their own countrymen many of which are children from radio legionic disorder. The funny thing is Tokyo is hosting the Olympics, which is about as comical a Prypriat holding the winter games in 1986.

Oh and something should be said for the US naval workers who are fighting for compensation after their aircraft carrier took on radioactive drinking and ballast water. Then there is the stray fishing boat that was sunk by the US coast guard before it could be salvaged by the Canadians, spilling radioactive bunker all over the Alaskan coastline, also to keep the whole narrative of all is well fine.

So good on you for trying. Don't let the nay sayers get to you. There are tons of know it alls here, and they make the most noise. They will tell you things you have held in your hand don't exist, or that you are mistaken about the color of the paint in your bathroom. It is a microcosm for the internet at large. Just a dolt cafe.

AX

A great reply bro, I too blew the Fukushima Horns trying to Get 'people who Don't know wtf's going on there ... to Know. (hopefully I can 'trip The switch of Awareness that's within most of us

However, this world has gone fubar over the esp past 40yrs. As I'm a bit older than that, I have memories of a time, the laptop I'm using and Man on the Moon WERE Pure FANTASIES! for nerdy kids who liked scifi too - IF yoou had shown me the laptop I'm using when I was 14-20yo, I think my 'mind' would've "broken" ... And I was a ' science fact kid' who loved me some technology, but considering what WAS available to buy known as 'computers', were as you know, HUGE cumbersome devices and the IDEA of microchips with thousands of circuits and components on it was also High Fantasy

And then, during the 1980's All sorts of shoot happlened And half a decade later, the 'UberZeug Kommunicator' aka World Wide Web aka The Internet was 'born'
And in the 23 yrs since, Much Has happened AND I honestly believe that "something pretty amazing" is happening right now right Under our noses and IN Our minds
BUT like Fukushima, the Millenials and younger tend to Have Bought the Bullshoot that my peers "Teach them to Buy"
and they Do! The Ultimate customer has been created, who buys a product for NO OTHER Reason than "it's the latest model PHONE or some RUNNERS or maybe a twirly whirly Zeugyzeug" thing ... If certain people say to you guys "Buy It NOW" you will!

Whether you Need Or can Afford a new $1,000+ iphone that most people can't use further than to make calls, send texts and take photos with them, even though you could probably run a Shuttle launch with "The Latest One, that's a Ten!

They've even chnaged how 'numbers and maths work' and you guy's Parents ATE IIT UP, the fools, and here are there kids in their 20's and 30's who haven't got a Clue about the REALITIES of Life - esp as they're still living with their folks with no job Or any Plan to get a job and DO good things
BUT haven't Yet! These people are the children of the post WW2 kids who became people like The Beatles, Hendrix and the Who's, hippie "free love children" who are now suits with a house in the 'burbs and a Headache from the STUPID job he's been doing since he stupidly listened to Other people and then;
Attempted to "Please Them" so that he would 'feel good about it' BUT
he's now learned the hard way as his kids reach their teens that
it ain't like that and Does NOT happen "that way"

That said, I reckon in 10yrs time when we've decided the "radioactivity phages" are limited in their uses BUT
by then, most war on the planet Has Stopped thanks to the Team who Care" and that
Some 'black project Uder Zeug" the MilCom had been sitting on for Years is released to
Everyone and included in this Swiss Army batch of DARPRA research IS a
"radioactivity mitigator" which works like a kind of 'filterless Filter" that
Uses (maybe) a Magnetic Fields and tuned frequencies to "blast away" as many
electrons as they like, immediately "transmuting and neutralizing" any and ALL harmful radioactivity to we Oomans.

And it will get about as much publicity as Chernobyl's "sarcophagus" that was completed last year iirc
BUT Catch - 22
Almost everyone Under 40 WGAF as they won't even Know about it, becoz, TPTB Know that
Ignorance IS Bliss to a "Chad Average Mann with Kidz and a sackful of wifey he can't afford to divcorce" coz
with the LATEST iphone Uphone 6.7 he can just watch pron all day instead

and meantime people Around the world are wondering why they "feel SO crazy" about the Krazy world that sweeps leakin reactors under the sea while BANNING All reporting on the subject of Fkinghellushima becoz
Everything's Just Dandy and we are Proud of the meltdowns the Israelis GAVE us! Yeah, "gave" ... they're jews y'know?
and Banksters as well/thy too!

Give it a decade and the 5G will Have Killed ALL of us by then, so most people will say "fook Fukushimaaa!"

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The longer lasting stuff still isn't good for you either and has its own set of hazards. The fact it hangs around longer means more time to find its way into you. A radioactive particle can wreak havoc on a body as it gives off radation for its long ass half life. End of the day none of it is good...just varying degrees of harmful.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
a reply to: Bluntone22

Not only that, Fukushima was a tiny reactor compared to Chernobyl. How could it even compete?
As blokes we always kid ourselves by saying good things come in small packages etc but, Nuclear Reactor Cores work by different principles. The bigger the core the higher output.

But both were deemed as Level 7 Nuclear incidents...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I posting this because no one cares anymore or they don't realize the impact it is having.
Does anyone out there really care about this at all ?

Don't be an alarmist.

There are so many big lies fed to people, and they blindly still continue swallowing all of them.

Chernobyl seems like a paradise, life is flourishing there, as there's no pollution or any human interference. Pretty amazing for an area that wasn't supposed to be able to support or sustain life for.. what.. thousands of years?

Also, radiation can be beneficial and healthy, instead of always being dangerous.

Furthermore, research 'Galen Winsor' and witness him licking radioactive, supposedly dangerous material in front of a
camera.

Found a youtube video: The Nuclear Scare Scam - Galen Winsor

For these reasons, I don't think there's necessarily that much to worry about. I would definitely gladly and happily visit Chernobyl and spend a few weeks camping there, if the opportunity existed. The wildlife seems to be amazing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join