It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this 1937 class ring ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's badly worn. I can make out the 19 on one side and 37 on the other. I can't tell what school it's from. It's a ladies ring stamped H.J.10K. It appears the H.J. stands for Herff Jones, a company that is still in business. If the owner is still alive she must be at least 100.

So what do I do with this? I was thinking about putting it on eBay or something. I'm not sure if it would have any historic or sentimental value to anyone. I'd hate to see something this old get melted down for scrap. I was thinking maybe contact the company and see if they want it.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

I have a feeling I may regret that last line.

I also have what I'm pretty sure is the original box. It has the label "Tanner Jewelry"
edit on 15-8-2019 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Lets see it!

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Any chance you have an idea of the school? If so, you could give it to them and maybe they'd add it to a showcase or something. It would at least hold some meaning then.

You'd probably only get 40$ tops on eBay.

Eta: I know you said you can't make out school name, but is there a way to make a solid guess?
edit on 15-8-2019 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I was afraid someone would ask. I took pictures with my phone and tried to upload to ATS. It seems to go alright, but it doesn't show up. I've got lots of excuses, tequila, Windows XP, batteries in my mouse are dying, etc. I'll see if I can't get a decent picture uploaded tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

I can't make out anything else except scroll work. I also have a sterling silver class pendent from Forrest Park High School in Baltimore with no date. I have a feeling they may be related.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I was afraid someone would ask. I took pictures with my phone and tried to upload to ATS. It seems to go alright, but it doesn't show up. I've got lots of excuses, tequila, Windows XP, batteries in my mouse are dying, etc. I'll see if I can't get a decent picture uploaded tomorrow.

The pictures that have too much mb wont load, I lower the quality or e mail them to myself to make them less then they will load. ATS has a max file size limit

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Price of Gold is WAY up right now, so you could always sell it for scrap - but if you don't need the money, why not donate it to the school that it was from ?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I searched "tanner jewelry class ring" and curiously, the herff jones site resulted, even though the "tanner" term was not present in the site. Tanner was most likely the retailer, but the only Tanner Jewelry that got in a DDG search does not appear to sell class rings.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You might as well sell it on Ebay. The owner is likely dead. They would be 99 or 100

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yeah, I called Herff Jones today. Their records only go back 10 years. It would have been nice to find the family of the owner, but I guess that's an impossible task.

I think there's a few Lost Class Ring websites. Maybe I could try one of them.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Thats a O.C. tanner ring. They have a huge building in Salt Lake City. I have a buddy who's mom worked there. They make jewelry not just class rings. Cool find.

new topics

top topics

join