It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea level rise could hit 2 metres by 2100 - much worse than feared

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Is al manbearpig Gore at it again time to get cereal . But cereally that clown state more than 20 years ago where I am living would be beach front property by 2020 well I do not see the ocean moving 30 miles inland in next 7 months unless we get an asteroid strike or that island in the canary group I think it's called papas has half of it fall into sea. Ocean is exact same distance away as when he made that statement more than 20 years ago.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I do appreciate your long response, but the thing I have taken you to task on is the promotion of ideas as proven fact. Science has made many guesses through the years, some fairly accurately, while others are laughable. I am a Christian as well, thusly I can accept that man is falable. I would hope that you would agree when I suggest that our best guesses are still purely guesses, and I would argue that the incredibly short history of man is entirely to small a sampling to make such grandiose statement.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Please go to flood.firetree.net and you can feel which part of the world would be submerged in 100 years by a rise of 2 meters in the sea level. Not that much anyhow.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Psh. Whatever y’all. I’m from the 504 and I can tell you that Louisiana has lost a massive amount of land in the last 80 years. It no longer resembles the “boot” you see on every us map, now looking more like a retarded high heel shoe with straps hanging off.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Psh. Whatever y’all. I’m from the 504 and I can tell you that Louisiana has lost a massive amount of land in the last 80 years. It no longer resembles the “boot” you see on every us map, now looking more like a retarded high heel shoe with straps hanging off.

Yea that's because the levees that save lives from drowning don't allow the soil to settle to replenish the land. This was predicted before the Cycle Deniers started saying man is making it warm, no wait cool, no wait........ ad nauseam.

Louisiana is nothing without floodwaters and bayous and those levees drain the life blood out but people want dry land below sea level. Makes for some fine sports fishing and hunting but unless you live on a boat house that place is really not livable the way the rest of us live. Venice would be a good study for how to handle New Orleans or Naw' lin's as one of my Cajun buddies says.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

great surfing for the grandkids

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join