It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 streetlight hue orange balls, about the same brightness as your medium star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
last year (04) in late may i was on my friends balcony, enjoying the view of the sky with him (southwestern ontario, canada, 140kms southwest of toronto) what happened to catch our attention was 2 balls of light that seemed as distant as every other star, but the were moving. Now i'm not ignorant with science, infact i major in it. These balls were not following an orbit, nor moving slowly like every other due to our planets spin. they were moving east west, north, south, accelating, decelerating. one was chasing the other, it looked as if they were playing tag. we watching this for abour 5 minutes until it seemed that they noticed us, and we became paranoid and went back into his house (immature, yes). I've been stargazing with my telescope for 4 years and have never seen anything like this. I am famalier with ball lightning and it is completely ruled out. these orange orbs were way above our ionosphere. anyone else have anything to say?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You can go to www.nuforc.org... and see if anyone else seen the same thing or you can report the UFOs if you remember detailed information.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me about how when we were in middle school long long ago my buddy and I were looking through my telescope for over an hour amazed at how cool the lunar eclipse looked... then my dad came out and asked us why we had the telescope trained on the streetlight.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well, offhand I'd say it was light reflected from Venus off of a weather balloon through some swamp gas, and trapped in a thermal pocket...

Seriously though, I think you can rule out ball lightning as you mentioned...but mostly due to distance, where seen, duration, and color...

I'm curious though, if the lights were so small, how did you estimate altitude as being above the ionosphere? What about the possibility of helicopters with searchlights (would explain the seeming erratic movement)? Or was this simply too high?

How did they seem to notice you if so small (equal to a star) in the sky?

Not criticizing, trying to clarify... Truly sounds "unidentified" so far...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantom_minister
last year (04) in late may .........
was 2 balls of light that seemed as distant as every other star, .......
they were moving east west, north, south, accelating, decelerating. .....
for abour 5 minutes.....

must have made an impression!
even after 10 months, you should still report the data

then again- - you might keep note of these 'events' in your journal !!

maybe even recreate the event, if you are so inclined, on your PC
via a series of stills or even create your own DVD....
stating that it is a 'produced' video
and a true representation of the event you witnessed, when,where etc

new topics

top topics

join