It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Blues Musician Illustrations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The thread began last year, and I can't find the link.

Here are new pieces I have worked on since last October.

I am producing a book of illustrations. It will contain 30 of my favorite blues musicians and a little bio. Once I'm done, I will run a Kickstarter to raise funds as well as a few other surprises.

Hope you enjoy them.

ROBERT JOHNSON

An incomplete experiment of Billie Holiday

BLIND LEMON JEFFERSON

HOWLIN WOLF

BB KING

SCRAPPER BLACKWELL & LEON CARR

BIG WALTER HORTON

MEMPHIS MINNIE

edit on 7-4-2019 by LedermanStudio because: ADDED IMAGES

edit on 7-4-2019 by LedermanStudio because: (no reason given)

EARLIER THREADS
edit on Sun Apr 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: www.abovetopsecret.com... .... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

Your work is amazing. Best of luck with the book!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Howlin Wolf looks like the kind of man you would not want to bump into in a dark alley. Very nice work. up:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
What a fine list of talent. Thank you for pulling this together. Educate the non Blues lovers and maybe inspire them to listen and appreciate. Lot of good ones BB King sure struck a chord with me. The old guys like Robert Johnson, laid down the concept so magnificently the others had to pick it up and carry it with them. It is infectious. I Remember a Curtis Lowe song and recall an old black man with white curly hair who when he had a drink of wine, he did not have a care. Use to on old Dobro, used to play it on his knees. People said he was useless but them people all were fools.

The guy I met wasn't Curtis Lowe but was like him. My old blues inspiration had three strings and a heart of gold. I was too young to recall his name now but it left it's pleasing mark on my soul.
ETA
And Billie looks fine to me, but I would love to see what you do to that drawing.

edit on 7-4-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I envy your talent , fine cultural art at its finest.
Good luck with your book of illustrations although judging from the artworks posted here you're on to a winner.

top topics

join