It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My latest artistic piece, Acrylic on Canvas...

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This piece took a while to create for me. It is destined as a birthday gift to a very dear and close friend. The photos do not do it justice, as the intricate details and subtle coloring on the mountain snow are lost to the camera. But, I wanted to share with my ATS fam for their enjoyment. It was mounted in a black wooden frame for this photo, ready to be packed up and shipped off to it's new home.

Link to full size image

ETA: Size is 12x16 inches without frame.

edit on 3/30/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Beautiful! I'm sure the gift recipient will be proud to display such a lovely piece in their home.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
This piece took a while to create for me. It is destined as a birthday gift to a very dear and close friend. The photos do not do it justice, as the intricate details and subtle coloring on the mountain snow are lost to the camera. But, I wanted to share with my ATS fam for their enjoyment. It was mounted in a black wooden frame for this photo, ready to be packed up and shipped off to it's new home.

Link to full size image

Very nice work.

How big is it?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I like it.

It really jumps out at you and looks solid.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I like that. A lovely use of colours.
Congrats to the lucky recipient. I move too often to have bulky pictures. I usually damage them trying to take them down, put them back up or just walking around with them in my hands.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How majestic! Wonderful feeling of empowerment and serenity. Lovely to look at. Your friend is very lucky. There is a softness to it although the subject is strong. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Cool that looks really awesome.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's been a long snowy winter, couldn't you have done a picture about a Warm Island instead of one covered with snow? That is a nice picture for around August when it is hotter than hell.

Nice picture though, I like to paint but am not very good at it. I got my instructions from watching Bob Ross videos. I kind of like painting on wood better than canvas, the canvas grain gives me problems. It appears you have mastered painting on canvas. Nice colors too, just in the wrong season for me to see more snow.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

That’s really good.
Question for ya.
When it comes to trees, do you paint each one independently or are they done by by the bunches with a certain brushstroke ?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It's been a long snowy winter, couldn't you have done a picture about a Warm Island instead of one covered with snow? That is a nice picture for around August when it is hotter than hell.

Nice picture though, I like to paint but am not very good at it. I got my instructions from watching Bob Ross videos. I kind of like painting on wood better than canvas, the canvas grain gives me problems. It appears you have mastered painting on canvas. Nice colors too, just in the wrong season for me to see more snow.

I live in the northern Rockies, so I get it... but...

Imagine yourself in the warm, green foreground... fishing, having a beer or 10. Then stare down that frigid, cold bastard in the back. Sneer at that bitter, son of a beeatch... "Your white privilege ends at the tree line, you icy $%#*&^% a$$h01E..."

Sheer tranquility. It's all about perspective.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

That’s really good.
Question for ya.
When it comes to trees, do you paint each one independently or are they done by by the bunches with a certain brushstroke ?

The trees are all done individually, and in layers. Lots and lots of brushstrokes....but, I finished.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Very nice!

Feel like eating a Peppermint-Patty, for some reason...

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It’s really nice it reminds me of a fantasy painting except it’s missing a bunch of dragons flying around 😁

top topics

join