It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search engines (and government) hiding race based crime statistics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Where is the crime data that is broken up by race? I was trying to do some research and when I used to search "US crime statistics numbers by race" there were LOTS of links with the data listed by race going back to the 1920's. I had it saved on my old hard drive (crashed) and I referenced these sites often. They were listed on the FBI site (Uniform Crime Reporting - it is there but they removed all race related info it seems), CDC site and about 4-5 others. I had about 20-40 charts from about 7 sources with different ways of analyzing the data and now NONE of it comes up with Google, bing, DuckDuckGo, and other search engines.

Now all that is listed is some general numbers, some pie charts. None of the long detailed charts are available. Can anyone else find these, have links or know where they can be found?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

UCR 2017 still has race statistics in it. 2018 isn’t out in full.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Id start here.

kff

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I dont know about charts but with a dataset i can throw up a site backed by koolreport to make all sorts of graphs if you are struggling. Or you could try google charts or chartjs yourself if you wanted to give it a shot :-/

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the links. That UCR is pretty much what I remembered but it is either burried on their site, or it isn't in the place that it was before. I think they redesigned the sites and what used to be very easy to find, the first 8-9 results from the search I listed all had links that went right to a specific report (usually by year & type of crime). I've opened 30+ links and haven't come across one yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

They reformatted the UCR page, but it took me less than a minute to find it. Don’t think they’re trying to bury it, just a new layout and less than clear links. Says on the info page they collect and publish data including race so if they’re trying to hide it, it’s a pretty poor attempt.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow, in the first link (UCR) it lists murders and it shows that 32% of the murders are by unknown race - meaning they don't know who committed the crime I'm guessing.

That site used to allow you to select the categories you wanted (by age, ethnicity, race, geographic location, etc) and it would spit out the table. Now they make 24 tables (that aren't named, just labeled "Table XX") and that's what you get. They are making it more difficult for people to find the information.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Not really.

They tell you exactly which table to look at for specific data.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
. They are making it more difficult for people to find the information. disproportionate the crime stats with real stats...

Fixed

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Wow, in the first link (UCR) it lists murders and it shows that 32% of the murders are by unknown race - meaning they don't know who committed the crime I'm guessing.

What about people who have a father that’s half Chinese, half white, and a mother that’s half Pakistani and half Japanese?

Even just half white, half black. Can’t just stick all people in racial boxes anymore.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
. They are making it more difficult for people to find the information. disproportionate the crime stats with real stats...

Fixed

Are you saying that the crime stats are disproportionate or that people are making them disproportionate "with real stats". Explain if you would.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

One issue is that a website like that can only show convictions, as those are the proven crimes. Conviction rates are heavily influenced by how good a lawyer you can afford. As a result, poorer people which tend to be minorities will have much higher conviction rates.

new topics

top topics

join