It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A journey too far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A journey too far

This tale, like any other has a beginning. There also is a body, the gist, and somehow it too shall end.
This is a story about life. Not the life of kings, but neither is this a paupers telling.
Rather, this is life’s own recounting.
Thus, I make no excuses for content, nor do I claim this as my own tale.

Once written and freely given yet make no mistake. Not all that is given, should be received as gift.

Make no mistake!

Time is no ones friend, for time grows us up, then being the trickster that he is, grows us old. We come into the world in all our helpless splendor. Raggedy dolls in bib and diaper. Throwing up with no thought as to station or office, careless in our spewing.
Every new dress or shirt a prime spew target.
A new line of parents clothing, bright red bull’s eyes on or about the back, front and shoulder.
Yes, I firmly believe if that’s where your destined to go, then go there with style, with gusto.

Stand tall in your trendsetting and smile as the little chucker urps on you.

This is where we get to say that we’ve, “been there, done that”, then pretend that we have no association with our most humble beginnings.

So, in our false righteous air we lose all track of place and run full steam, full tilt into adulthood.

The one major unforgivable shame is the loss that we trade for all that vacuous gain. Did I give you up childhood, did I place you on a shelf beside my toys of yesteryear?
I thought to carry you on, into the future, that big, bold place where complexity reigns. One can only hope that a single shred of innocence remains intact, a glimmer of wonder, a scrap of curiosity.

I’ve made up my mind.

I’m going back.

I’m going back to before, when I was free, when I could touch my dreams and communicate with those invisible friends only I could see.

I’m going back.

Urp...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Loved this! I'll go back with you.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Took me many hours, then headsmack!
When all else fails go to your favorite song.
Well, my favorite anyway.

I'm resisting the urge to launch into another "One day, when I was …"

join