It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Vampire Sightings, Anyone Have Personal Experiences?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

This is the ancient lore of the bayou for sure. Witchcraft and Voodoo and Santeria.
I guess vampire is as good a spin-off as any right?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Somebody read too much Ann Rice

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Two paranormal YouTube channel did a entire show on Vampires in New Orleans:

- Paranormal Round Table
  EP33 Vampire Encounter

- Destination America
Vampire Encounter | Monsters and Mysteries in America

New Orleans Vampires: History and Legend is a 2017 book, written by Marita Woywod Crandle, which focuses on three urban legends (The Casket Girls, The Comte St. Germain and The Carter Brothers) and separates the facts from the fiction.
I enjoyed the ending of Marita's book.
She mentions back to her first Boutique Du Vampyre location, near the Saint Cathedral Church, where she encounters in a strange customer with his cane she presumed to be a Vampire. That part gave me chills and helps keep the faith and hope for all us believers out there.

edit on 9-2-2022 by Suiren because: The link doesn't work. ^^`

edit on 9-2-2022 by Suiren because: The link doesn't work. ^^`

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think this is a direct result of a recent tv show called The Originals.

The show is set in New Orleans and features warring factions of vampires, witches, and werewolves. Of course, all these creatures are powerful, sexy, good looking, intelligent, articulate people who spend as much time drinking and boinking each other as anything else.

Who wouldn't want to be part of that?

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is a great thread! The reason Im responding is because of the forum it was placed in. Excellent.

I have no experience with these animals in Nawlens, but am familiar with the beasts.
They are a protected species and have been for a very long time. Of course by the Vatican.
They are not and have never been human.
'Vampires' choose a human to mimic and take over their life. Killing the 'host' of course. They have a wide variety of naturally evolved 'abilities' that enable them to fool prey and maintain the 'hosts' life. Some of the myths are true, such as them being able to be controlled with their reflection. They are used by the Church for 'interrogations'.
They have wings and are somewhat batlike I suppose. They trap their prey in their wings and slowly leach them. An average vampire can hold two or three humans at a time in their wings. The vampire creature can be up to twelve feet tall, but can be right in front of you and appear as the average human.

Im sure the Church being as it is in Norleans has a vampire or two contained running a bar or something.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Suiren
Two paranormal YouTube channel did a entire show on Vampires in New Orleans:

- Paranormal Round Table
  EP33 Vampire Encounter

- Destination America
Vampire Encounter | Monsters and Mysteries in America

New Orleans Vampires: History and Legend is a 2017 book, written by Marita Woywod Crandle, which focuses on three urban legends (The Casket Girls, The Comte St. Germain and The Carter Brothers) and separates the facts from the fiction.
I enjoyed the ending of Marita's book.
She mentions back to her first Boutique Du Vampyre location, near the Saint Cathedral Church, where she encounters in a strange customer with his cane she presumed to be a Vampire. That part gave me chills and helps keep the faith and hope for all us believers out there.

Oh, I almost forgot this encounter:

"Weird incident I heard about from my ex wife

I cannot remember the last time I talked to her, its been a fairly long time, so I was surprised to see her on my caller ID, Turns out, the only reason she called me was because she thought I may be interested to hear about an incident that happened to her nephews wife recently. His wife and his brothers family went to New Orleans for a long weekend, Her nephew is a pilot in the Air Force and was not with them, they were at a restaurant and nephews wife (Angie), ran out during the meal to get something out of the car, she was going to come right back in, the others waited for a little while and then got worried so his brothers wife, went out to see if she was OK, ( I cannot remember his brothers wifes name)...this is where it gets weird... she went out and walked toward their car, she saw that some guy was talking to Angie as they stood beside the car, apparently she called her name a couple times, to see whats going on, and Angie didnt answer, as she got closer, she said this guy was leaning in towards Angie, (sort of like he was going to hug her)...as she got to the car, she saw the guys face and mouth open...she says he had a row of 'jagged sharp teeth, that were conical in shape, and as soon as saw this, and was right next to them, the guy shoots up straight into the air and disappears. Angie does not remember any of this though, the last thing she remembered was walking out to the car, and then seeing 'brothers wife' standing next to her. After seeing Angie in such a confused state, the other wife decides to call police, just to be safe, ( ex wife assumed she thought Angie may been slipped a drug or something), the police get there and they are explaining what happened, the cops ask if this guy was tall, and if he had amber colored eyes....other wife says YES, that is the guy...supposedly the 2 cops told them this guy was a real vampire! Ex wife says they didnt really believe the cops, but they did start talking to more people in the area and they claim this is a known thing within New Orleans, (not talking about the 'psychic vampires' or kids who file their teeth down and dress in goth... real, as in having fang like teeth, and supernatural abilities). I do know both of these ladies, Angie is a elementary school teacher, their marriage is a good one, they are very happy together, the other brothers wife still works in IT I assume. Surprisingly, when I was married to my ex wife and we visited her family, they all thought I was crazy (for some of my beliefs, (UFOs, Bigfoot...didnt know about Dogman then!), NONE of them believed in any of this stuff, its very odd to hear such a story involving those two I didnt know what to think of this, Im not surprised my ex wife contacted me to tell me the story though, she is well aware that I like things like this, I did tell her, that I didnt think I had ever heard a 'real vampire' encounter before. Im probably not going to contact the two ladies to inquire further about this, its been years since Ive talked to them, if they told my ex wife that is what happened, I will take her word for it...it doesnt mean I believe it though."

Source.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   
And this one...

"Basically in 2001 I was 14. Went to Nola for my birthday. I was a fan of Anne rice and absolutely in love with vampires. Last night there I went to the riverwalk and felt like someone was watching me. I got freaked out and both my dad and I left to head back to the hotel.

Driving out of the french quarter we both spotted a man walking so fast his coat was flaring up. He was well dressed, long hair tied back in a low ponytail. He didn't look like he was dressed for summer or for the time period.

My dad made a small joke he was a vampire and as we sped up to get a closer look, the guy smiled down at me. I instantly got a eerie feeling and started to panic telling my dad to please not stop. The guy crossed behind us and to both of our shock..just flew upwards.

My dad stopped. Cursing. Whipping the car around. We both were looking for him. The guy just disappeared.

My dad and I got to the hotel, we rode all the way in silence. He is not religious, or does he believe in the supernatural. We both saw the same thing, his body shooting straight up into the air.

He and I sometimes talk about it. He still isn't sure what happened, and he says its the weirdest thing he's seen. Same for me.

The guy's face was so scary. I'm not sure how to discribe the feeling of doom I had. Like I was prey. His face was pale but his eyes were glowing, and he locked eyes and smiled at me. Still gives me chills when I think of it

Was he a ghost? A vampire? Was he the one I felt at the riverwalk?"

Source

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join