It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distracted man on his cell phone falls through open manhole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
WATCH YOUR STEP! Man glued to cellphone falls into manhole: report

0:29

A Peruvian man, too busy to look up from his cellphone, plummeted into a manhole while walking down a street late Sunday, a report said. The man reportedly fell into a watery sewer system below and was seriously injured, according to a report.
The Daily Mail reported that a passerby saw the ordeal and alerted authorities. The man was pulled to safety and transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, the report said.

Don't text and walk! Moment a distracted pedestrian disappears down a blocked off manhole while busy on his cellphone

This might seem funny but it's a sad commentary on the way we live today. The town I live in actually had to install yellow strips with raised bumps at every corner to keep people from walking into traffic.

This is a zombie apocalypse.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Hah. If this were the US he would have been too obese to fall through and would have safely gotten stuck instead. Bonus points for us.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hah. If this were the US he would have been too obese to fall through and would have safely gotten stuck instead. Bonus points for us.

I think you've been reading my post. LOL

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It really is not that much different from drunk in public.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
“Game over”

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The guy has a clear street to walk down, no other people nearby, no traffic and he still doesn't see the manhole! Most people do actualy look a few metres ahead before typing/sending a text.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Stupid is as stupid does.

The scary thing is when they do that driving. I commute and I see it all the time. You watch the traffic around you and next thing you know, some car is veering into your car's space. Sure enough, you look over and someone has their phone out.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can eat, text and put my makeup on at the same time while driving. There's so much going on you'd think Shiva was driving the car.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I can eat, text and put my makeup on at the same time while driving. There's so much going on you'd think Shiva was driving the car.

Can you pull your stockings up at the same time you little minx?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I always go commando.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I always go commando.

ooOOOOO you too!?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

I always go commando.

ooOOOOO you too!?

I think you've seriously incorporated the spirit of your avatar. Thanks to you I had to take a break from the drivel I get so mired in on YT and watch some old Bugs Bunny cartoons, something I haven't done in decades. Cheers...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Mr magoo type slap stick there

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
WATCH YOUR STEP! Man glued to cellphone falls into manhole: report

0:29

A Peruvian man, too busy to look up from his cellphone, plummeted into a manhole while walking down a street late Sunday, a report said. The man reportedly fell into a watery sewer system below and was seriously injured, according to a report.
The Daily Mail reported that a passerby saw the ordeal and alerted authorities. The man was pulled to safety and transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, the report said.

Don't text and walk! Moment a distracted pedestrian disappears down a blocked off manhole while busy on his cellphone

This might seem funny but it's a sad commentary on the way we live today. The town I live in actually had to install yellow strips with raised bumps at every corner to keep people from walking into traffic.

This is a zombie apocalypse.

Good thing it was a manhole and not the other variant, otherwise we would be making fun for completely different reasons...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
He'll never live this one down that's for sure. I tried not to laugh, I really did and he's safe so there's that.

new topics

top topics

join