It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran ready for US invasion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you have oil or gas and other countires try to put their hands on it, what's the best defense you can seek?

Iran ready for US invasion? I don't think so. There is no way that Iran can confront our troops, just because they won't have a chance to see them...

However I would expect that Iran will be using chemical weapons and perhaps the Russians Sunburns, if it is true that Russia has supplied them to Iran. This could be a more serious issue. In this case Russia should be held responsible for supplying nuclear technology to Iran.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by w555hc

BTW, did you guys ever apologize for shooting down Iran Air Flight 655 on July 3, 1988?

[edit on 27-2-2005 by AceOfBase]

We're planning to apologize seconds after:

1. Terrorist apologize for driving a vehicle - packed with high explosives - into the U.S. Embassy compound in Beirut, killing 63 people.

2. Apologize for killing 241 US Marines in Beriut.

3. Apologize for killing 22 people when terrorist drove a Volkswagen loaded with explosives into the main gate of the U.S. Air Force Base at Rhein-Main, Germany.

4. Apologize for killing an American in a wheelchair when terrorist hijacked the Achille Lauro.

5. Apologize for killing four people when they bomb TWA Flight 840 and Pan Am Flight 103 killing 259.

6. Apologize for killing 2 CIA agents in Virginia.

7. Apologize for trying to blow up the World Trade Center using a van packed with explosives - killing 6 and injuring over 1000.

8. Apologize for using a car bomb at a military complex in Riyadh - killing 7 service men and women.

9. Apologize for a truck bomb that destroyes the Khobar Towers - A US AirForce barracks- killing 19 and injuring over 500.

10. Apologize for attacks on two U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania - killing 224.

11. Apologize for attacking a US War Ship - USS Cole - killing 17 sailors. That was an act of war.

12 Apologize for killing over 3000 people on 9/11.

BTW - Why don't you go and watch a few Americans and others being be-headed, that should be right up your alley. Here's a link for your viewing pleasure - scroll down some, they're on the right:

www.homestead.com...

The Navy did make a mistake in shooting down Flight 655 - some will debate that it was an accident and some will debate that it was intentional but theres NO debate concerning the 12 terrorist actions I just posted.

Make your replys more interesting the next time.

Chief

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by w555hc
BTW - Why don't you go and watch a few Americans and others being be-headed, that should be right up your alley.....

.......The Navy did make a mistake in shooting down Flight 655 - some will debate that it was an accident and some will debate that it was intentional but theres NO debate concerning the 12 terrorist actions I just posted.

Make your replys more interesting the next time.

Chief

A lot of what you listed did not involve Iranians and the vast majority were against the US military operating in other countries. They are legitimate targets. I bet you wouldn't have a problem with someone who bombed an Iranian miltary base in the US.

Would you like a list of operations by the US?
I can't quote it here because the list would be way too long so I'll just give you some links instead:

free.freespeech.org...

www.zompist.com...

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

[edit on 27-2-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ace Of Base...Are you implying that you view the United States as a Terrorist?

The US does not use chem or bio weapons, or be-head people, or physically torture prisoners. The wars that we commit ourselves to are the most humane wars ever.

back on topic.....I dont think the US will attack Iran, Bush said we have no plans to attack Iran...But after saying that he said "All options are on the table". I'm glad he said that, that way in case they do prevoke us, he wont be going back on his word. I think we have our hands full with Iraq and Afghanistan to be considering more military action is needed. I think Isreal would do something long before the US. and if Isreal bombed there nuclear plants and suspected facilities and laboratories, and Iran fires back...then the possibility of the US getting involved goes much higher.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Though I'm sure they have been preparing for such a war for decades, I do not believe they can truly be ready. Afterall, our drones have been flying over their cities and taking pictures for the last year and what has happened? They may retaliate and do damage, but they (nor I) wish a war to occur.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Ace Of Base...Are you implying that you view the United States as a Terrorist?

The US has supported terrorists and had committed acts that would be considered terrorism if committed by anyone but the US. The US mined Corinto and Puerto Sandino harbors in Nicaragua in 1984. The US supported people who committed terrorist attacks and they encouraged Islamic Jihad in Operation Cyclone ( link) .
The US has overthrown democratically elected leaders, supported dictators and engaged in economic destabilization of many countries.

Originally posted by Murcielago
The US does not use chem or bio weapons, or be-head people, or physically torture prisoners.
back on topic.....I dont think the US will attack Iran, Bush said we have no plans to attack Iran...

The US is the only country to use Nuclear Weapons during war and has used Chemical Weapons such as Agent Orange and has the second largest stockpile of chemical weapons in te world. ( fas.org )

People have died during interrogation during the Afghan/Iraq war and there are many allegations of torture.

I think the US will attack Iran, or at the very least, support people in Iran who will try to overthrow the Government of Iran (probably through terrorist acts)

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The US supported people who committed terrorist attacks and they encouraged Islamic Jihad in Operation Cyclone

It wasn't Islamic Jihad. The Afghanis we trained fought a guerilla war, they didn't go beheading people or blowing up buildings. The extremists like Bin Laden were a very small part of those we funded. Honestly, anyone who thinks that was immoral doesn't know what morality is.

The US has overthrown democratically elected leaders, supported dictators and engaged in economic destabilization of many countries.

We've done no more then most European nations who no one ever likes to talk about, or the Russians.

The US is the only country to use Nuclear Weapons during war and has used Chemical Weapons such as Agent Orange and has the second largest stockpile of chemical weapons in the world.

Chemical weapons? It's more like one, and Agent Orange was meant to destroy the foilage of the jungle. The long term problems nukes caused weren't known. Honestly, can't you people who try and demonize America be a little original, or better yet, fair?

People have died during interrogation during the Afghan/Iraq war and there are many allegations of torture.

Our 'torture' doesn't compare to has been done in the past, or what goes on in third world hellholes, or what the Soviets did to their own people during the Cold War. How about how American soldiers were tortured by Saddam?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
It wasn't Islamic Jihad. The Afghanis we trained fought a guerilla war, they didn't go beheading people or blowing up buildings. The extremists like Bin Laden were a very small part of those we funded. Honestly, anyone who thinks that was immoral doesn't know what morality is.

The US did promote Jihad and even produced books for shoolchildren promoting Jihad. They even showed drawing of a soldier with his head cut off in at least one of the schoolbooks.

( Washiongton Post: From U.S., the ABC's of Jihad )

If you say it is not immoral to support a resistance who is attempting to remove an occupying military from a region then you shouldn't have any problem with Iran's support for Hezbollah, which was formed to end the Israeli occupation of Lebanon.

Our 'torture' doesn't compare to has been done in the past, or what goes on in third world hellholes, or what the Soviets did to their own people during the Cold War. How about how American soldiers were tortured by Saddam?

The US supported the policy of torture in many third world countries and even gave them training manuals with instructions on how to conduct electric torture "the electric current should be known in advance, so that transformers and other modifying devices will be on hand if needed." ( National Security Archive )

There have been many allegations made recently that the US currently ships detainees to places like Turkey and Egypt where they can be tortured over there.

You can try and act like Iran is evil and has done no good and the US is good and has done no evil but that's not the case.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The US did promote Jihad and even produced books for shoolchildren promoting Jihad. They even showed drawing of a soldier with his head cut off in at least one of the schoolbooks.

Did any of that promote attacks on civillians? Did it even promote anything beyond typical warfare?

If you say it is not immoral to support a resistance who is attempting to remove an occupying military from a region then you shouldn't have any problem with Iran's support for Hezbollah, which was formed to end the Israeli occupation of Lebanon.

First, it's not just an occupying military force. It was the Soviet Union. Second, the Afghanis didn't start the fighting. Israel only took any land because the Arab nations attacked Israel. Hate to tell you, but if you start a war, you can't complain when you lose. And third, Hezbollah attacks Israeli civillians.

The US supported the policy of torture in many third world countries and even gave them training manuals with instructions on how to conduct electric torture "the electric current should be known in advance, so that transformers and other modifying devices will be on hand if needed

We've also rebuilt many nations, given massive amounts of aid, and forced reform on governments.

There have been many allegations made recently that the US currently ships detainees to places like Turkey and Egypt where they can be tortured over there.

We've also been forcing Egypt's government to make democratic reforms, and are a large part in Turkey's progress.

You can try and act like Iran is evil and has done no good and the US is good and has done no evil but that's not the case.

Iran is evil and hasn't done ANY good. America is generally good, and has done some evil. There's a huge difference. Other governments do a lot worse things with a lot less reason and no one says a damn thing, like France.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I take it with 15 minutes response the iranians would want to suggest the time it takes for one of their missiles to export their peacefull nuclear program to Israel...Also the Russians and the especially the Chinese would be complaining bigtime if somebody starts shaking the iranina oiltree, Bush government can be insensitive enough to keep on their gloves on European visits, but surely Exxon shareholders wouldn't want to stir up their asian and russian interests...

No, despite its rich oil reserves, Iran might elude invasion, now syria that'might be another story....

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

Sep

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Iran is evil and hasn't done ANY good. America is generally good, and has done some evil.

Do you think about you type? So Iran has never done anything good? And what do you mean by Iran? Do you mean the soil is evil? Or the people? Does that mean I am evil? How many generations living in Iran makes you evil?

My friend, read anything about history, you cannot miss Persia or Iran. It has been around for sometime, and has done MANY good things. Unless you think the human rights charter is evil, two major religions are evil, poetry is evil, invention of postal systems and successful coining systems are evil, inventions of banks is evil, bricks (which were invented by iran) is evil, orchestras are evil then Iran has invented many good things. BTW the list goes on but I just didnt want to bore you, since you seem to not read or have any clue about history.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Sep]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
15 minutes, come on. Iran already has it's collective head between it's collectve legs, you really think it'll take a whole 15 minutes for Iran to kiss its behind goodbye?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The US and its allies will do what it has done in the past with nations that pose a threat to international security. First they will impose economic sanctions with UN approval. If that doesn't work, an invasion will be considered to topple the government and replace it with a democracy. Only after all peaceful measures are exhausted will military action be an option.

Iran, now allied with Syria, will be more difficult to conquer than Iraq. For one thing, Iran is over twice the size of Iraq. Secondly, US and allied forces are dissipated by ongoing security campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq. Thirdly, Iran and Syria have more money to put toward weapons than did Iraq under Saddam Hussein. Both Syria and Iran purchase armaments from Russia and elsewhere and are preparing for war -- and are being funded by the enemies of the US from various sources around the world.

On a related issue, it isn't much of a logical stretch to consider that North Korea and Red China also have an influence on the situation in the Middle East.

Anyone who has studied the Korean War knows that Communist China backed the communist forces in Korea with troops and armaments, which is why Korea was divided up and the northern territory was lost. North Korea and Red China are still allied militarily. Go to war with North Korea and you also go to war with Red China.

A war with Red China and North Korea would be far worse than a war with Syria and Iran, and also worse than the former invasion of Iraq; this is well known among US military analysts. Which is why in recent years it was Iraq, not North Korea (both of which were said by President George W. Bush to be part of the "Axis of Evil") that was invaded.

Economic sanctions were used extensively with the Saddam Hussein regime. They didn't work. This is history repeating itself. The dictatorship in North Korea and the Islamic fundamentalist regime in Iran will not significantly change or end without military intervention. But before that happens, all diplomatic and economic sanction measures need to be performed.

Do I want another invasion to occur?

No.

Would the US and its allies eventually win in a war with Syria and Iran?

Probably.

If another invasion is to take place, will it most likely happen with Syria and Iran before it happens with North Korea?

Most likely.

One needs to also keep in mind that since Syria and Iran are now officially allied, invade one and you automatically declare war on the other.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Paul_Richard]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join