It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I Wanted Was a Beef Burrito

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We usually make real food at home, but do indulge in fast food about once a week and will have things like chicken strips or fishsticks with oven fries once a week or so. Now tomorrow, we do not know what to have....we already had T-bone steaks, Hamburgers on homemade buns, an omlet, lasagna, pork chops, stuffed chicken, ham and turkey within the last ten days, we OD'd on good homemade foods. We are loosing our imagination, but are actually getting a little healthier.

LOL ! My wife has been fattening me up with her homemade cooking, and as she is a cajun coonass, she feeds me well. I had to make her cut back because of all her cooking. But this is when I am out of town working and running.

I do like ordering pizza and chicken wings to give her a break and to have something different every once in awhile.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

You sound like a catch! So, sweet. I read your poetry of love. So inspiring. So nice to hear about a love story; on ATS no less.

I have only eaten Taco Bell for medicinal purposes.
edit on 29-12-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
True. Before becoming vegetarian we found a human tooth in our taco. That was it for us.

I see these stories sometimes but I'm going to have to deny ignorance on this one. It was always cool and to hear the freak stories of bugs, human bits, misc objects of the worst kind in fast food as a kid. It was probably cooler to be the storyteller, so I think it's a socio-cultural thing.

I'm just wondering how these depraved cretins with retarded level IQs of 70 (which I assume is retarded level because isn't 140 genius level) work everyday. I stopped respecting it as a standard over a decade ago and never looked into the science of it. I was admittedly pessimistic that a paper and pencil test could determine your intelligence quotient since my adult brain thingie kicked in and started growing. Here's where I add in some huff and puff, egotistical credits. I was picked for the talented and gifted program in public school at the end of elementary. That's how they do or did it, pluck them before starting middle school for the transition. The cooler kids made fun of them but when the sixth grade started, they were something like the elect and priviledged in a seperate program alongside the regular one. They mostly wore glasses which I noticed immediately and wondered about. I was pulled aside in the fifth grade to go to a class sometime in the afternoon for a period everyday. At the end of a semester, a test was given and I intentionally botched it because I didn't want to seem special or like a loser. It sounds like an excuse I made up but I already had my mind on these things.

I've worked fast food before. It's.. socially ugly. All rants aside, quality isn't a factor because acceptable is the standard and what's expected by customers. There's no "the BEST Burger King" in your city.. it's still a BK with a standard menu, the exact same thing if made right. There's no super awesome whopper made by so n so that's way better, it's just consistently done right and that's why you took notice and are loyal to that particular restaurant. They're used to high school students, criminals, drug addicts, other social rejects, and have a golden inner circle of management. There's shift leader, assistant, the manager of the store, and the regional. These people are in another class entirely like a priesthood. I see why the scrutiny on employees is needed, how and why the culture formed, but as I said it's ugly. It feels like high school even if you're 30+. You're trained to tell the manager when you're going to use the bathroom even if it isn't busy. Having a cigarette break is an art (be the trash guy and corner the market) and you pay for your 30min lunch break out of your check, all 7 or 8 bucks an hour.

Respect for yourself is lost if you pursue it and respect for the culinary arts is also lost. You realize that the management really is a special breed of scary people to be willing to be that committed to it and enjoy it enough to do so for that long or as a career. As for people meeting and getting married from this forum, it's a telling sign that this topic is #. I found the tip of a finger in my food. The guy cut it off somehow with a knife even though there's none around. I dunno how they did it or where the blood went, but no co-workers noticed his bandage or loss of a digit the next day. Then, there was the time I found a dead roach on my sandwich too. I recall the environment being so terrifying that having a pest infestation that bad is unimaginable with the pressure from higher managements. The regional manager would show up once or twice a month to do snap inspections, intimidate everyone, and bitch out the managers. They'll find anything, it could be the grime on the feet of a table, a cup in the parking lot. If they showed up, it's guaranteed to be negative.
edit on 12/29/2018 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

You sound like a catch! So, sweet. I read your poetry of love. So inspiring. So nice to hear about a love sotry; on ATS no less.

I have only eaten Taco Bell for medicinal purposes.

Eh, I ain't nothing more than a old dude with knowledge and a dream of a good life without taco bell.

But it was a true love story. And it still is, going strong . I am one lucky guy.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Just keep proving it more and more. Not enough love stories there days. You make your own luck. The luck is you. Lucky girl.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
True. Before becoming vegetarian we found a human tooth in our taco. That was it for us.

I see these stories sometimes but I'm going to have to deny ignorance on this one. It was always cool and to hear the freak stories of bugs, human bits, misc objects of the worst kind in fast food as a kid. It was probably cooler to be the storyteller, so I think it's a socio-cultural thing.

I'm just wondering how these depraved cretins with retarded level IQs of 70 (which I assume is retarded level because isn't 140 genius level) work everyday. I stopped respecting it as a standard over a decade ago and never looked into the science of it. I was admittedly pessimistic that a paper and pencil test could determine your intelligence quotient since my adult brain thingie kicked in and started growing. Here's where I add in some huff and puff, egotistical credits. I was picked for the talented and gifted program in public school at the end of elementary. That's how they do or did it, pluck them before starting middle school for the transition. The cooler kids made fun of them but when the sixth grade started, they were something like the elect and priviledged in a seperate program alongside the regular one. They mostly wore glasses which I noticed immediately and wondered about. I was pulled aside in the fifth grade to go to a class sometime in the afternoon for a period everyday. At the end of a semester, a test was given and I intentionally botched it because I didn't want to seem special or like a loser. It sounds like an excuse I made up but I already had my mind on these things.

I've worked fast food before. It's.. socially ugly. All rants aside, quality isn't a factor because acceptable is the standard and what's expected by customers. There's no "the BEST Burger King" in your city.. it's still a BK with a standard menu, the exact same thing if made right. There's no super awesome whopper made by so n so that's way better, it's just consistently done right and that's why you took notice and are loyal to that particular restaurant. They're used to high school students, criminals, drug addicts, other social rejects, and have a golden inner circle of management. There's shift leader, assistant, the manager of the store, and the regional. These people are in another class entirely like a priesthood. I see why the scrutiny on employees is needed, how and why the culture formed, but as I said it's ugly. It feels like and plays like high school even if you're 30+. You're trained to tell the manager when you're going to use the bathroom even if it isn't busy. Having a cigarette break is an art (be the trash guy and corner the market) and you pay for your 30min lunch break out of your check, all 7 or 8 bucks an hour of it.

Respect for yourself is lost if you pursue it and respect for the culinary arts is also lost. You realize that the management really is a special breed of scary people to be willing to be that committed to it and enjoy it enough to do so for that long or as a career. As for people meeting and getting married from this forum, it's a telling sign that this topic is #. I found the tip of a finger in my food. The guy cut it off somehow with a knife even though there's hardly any or none around. I dunno how they did it or where the blood went and no co-workers noticed his bandage or loss of a digit the next day. There was that time I found a dead roach on my sandwich too. I recall the environment being so terrifying that having a pest infestation that bad is unimaginable with the pressure from higher management on management an the employees. The regional manager would show up once or twice a month to do snap inspections, intimidate everyone, and bitch out the managers. They'll find anything, it could be the grime on the feet of a table, a cup in the parking lot. If he/she showed up at all it's guaranteed to be negative.

I know you were addressing someone else on here, but I am addressing your post.

You can be the smartest person , but having to follow rules and policies of a company you are working for can really dumb you down because either you follow them, or you go find another job. That is life. That is your choice. Also, for some people, that is all the choice they have. And that's ok. I guess my beef (pun not intended) is the employee is left with no option to cater to the publics needs, that we , the consumer have to accept the product they are buying, like steering cattle to the grain bin or hay field.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Just keep proving it more and more. Not enough love stories there days. You make your own luck. The luck is you. Lucky girl.

Aww, thank you.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Just wait until you get into your 50s and all you can eat is salad because your intestines hurt too much. Count your blessings no matter what your current set of curses may be!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If you paid them $15 an hour you would get your burritos....

Lol, yeah right. Just get the burrito right first then get back to me.

Costco pays great wages and they are profitable too!!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Just wait until you get into your 50s and all you can eat is salad because your intestines hurt too much. Count your blessings no matter what your current set of curses may be!

Salad always promoted taking a # or having cramps. There's no fiber. Whole wheat croutons? Don't mind me, I referred to salad in the past tense as if I passed away and reviewed my life, am reviewing I mean or meant maybe in the future. In another life, a perfect world, or another dimension? A parallel one. I need God, angels, aliens or something to get my mind off of harsh, cold reality. Maybe a skinwalker in an attractive womans body.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Just ask for the original beef borito with onion sauce and recommend that they call the higher uppers and tell them to put it back on the effin menu. When something can't be improved anymore why do they # it up? A thousand times why?

Why? Why? Why?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I know what you mean. These days, it's easier to just make the stuff at home. Taco Bell used to have tostadas, simke and easy, and getting one now is a pain. The enchirito was awesome, then they dropped it, and got smothered burritos, instead. Not as good, and they dropped those, too. Worse, the cashiers can ring up an order, but half the cooks apparently can't read, and the orders get screwed up.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'm 54 and married a cajun woman . That should tell you something right there.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I had to share your post with my hubby -- A kindred spirit!!!

My hubby knows your pain. He usually packs a lunch, but their old beef burrito was his go-to when he was out on the road or having a busy day -- especially when working out of town. Cheap, tasty and filling and he could eat it with one hand while driving. And he's had the same exact conversations just trying to get that simple burrito... and he got just as frustrated!

I miss the enchiritos...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
First world problems: How can I support my local (factory-farm low-grade meat) Taco Bell if they don't have what I want?

My god.... Idiocracy is coming soon..

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
More suck from Taco Bell here, they dropped the Verde sauce so there's just no point in me ever going back.

They also managed to screw up the 7 layer thingy I loved an forget bout getting a couple of bean borito's with extra sour cream an cheese. I don't get take out often but I waited 2 weeks till payday for a treat an they managed to totally ruin it.

When I stopped at Wendy's an got a chicken wrap for the g-kiddo good thing I checked cause they neglected to put ANY chicken in it. I have given up all hope with franchise places for convenience, or actually getting what I ordered.
It's back to the Mom & Pop places where you get what you paid for!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join