It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "luck" paranormal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
There’s this little poem i have known for years it goes:

Find a penny
Pick it up
Put it in your pocket
It will bring you luck

I picked lots of penny’s up during my life and thought the poem when i have and it seems to bring luck, but why i have no idea. Sometimes i see a penny and i don’t pick it up instead i think that’s someone else’s luck, but the other day i saw a penny on the ground at a petrol station and i did pick it up and thought the poem as i did. That was Thursday and what do you think, i get some luck. Friday the company i work for let me take the van for the weekend which is something they don’t usually allow, i find a £2 coin in the video shop and the landlord knocks £50 quid of my rent.

So what is luck and where does it come from? Any ideas.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by kode]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Luck is just a coincidence. You worked really hard to get your money, and there is no coincidence in it. If you did nothing to find someone to trust, and still money would fall in your hands, that would be luck. But luck is nothing to consider, neither is it paranormal!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's easy enough for some of us to pass off beneficial events as mere coincidence, but others simply must see a causal relationship.

If not luck, then kharma. Or something was 'meant to be.'

Wow, I (along with every other lottery winner) never won anything before. Must have been due.

Or God wanted me to be President.
(I wish that was a joke.)

But when it comes to negative events, very few of us claim responsibility or chalk it up to chance.

It's a curse. Or this stuff always happens to me. Or it's YOUR fault!

Except of course when it is entirely your fault, then it was "inevitable.".

Good bit on the penny by the way. Just watch out for the dimes.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I believe strongly in cause and effect, and I don't believe in coincidence......things happen for a reason.....you may not ever know how they connect, but they do.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Luck and karma, thanks Rant i made that connection, good karma is a bit like good luck. I was just googleing around for the origins of that poem about penny’s and there is another version to it, most probably the original to the one i know.

"Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you will have good luck."

Also found this i think this guy raises some good questions.

No luck on the poems origins though.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
anyone whose done any gambling or even some recreational poker knows that luck is paranormal.

top topics

join