It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those old commercials of yesteryear and modern triggers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Not the snowflakey kind of trigger

Anything ever triggered a recollection of a random old commercial out of the blue for you? Stupid antics, similar phrasing/circumstances, etc?

Both of my kids really like to help their dad in the kitchen when he cooks (why I can't get this kind of go-fer help in the kitchen is as beyond me as palatable cooking is)
They were all in the last night making dinner together, and when it was finished, the kids were pointing out what they'd helped with. That's not uncommon, it's just the way it was said this time that gave me the giggles over it -- "Dad made this and I helped!" cracked me up, because with the confident enthusiasm, it reminded me of this, sans the fake southern accent:

"And aiii hailp'd!"

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

We just had one last night -- how funny!

My husband had set his level on top of his tool box. Actually more like a tool cabinet. And the level is longer than the cabinet top, so the level stuck out about 6" on each side. A cat jumped up on the tool box and her front paws were on the cabinet and her back paws on the level and it started teeter-tottering along with the cat of course. But she never fell! Both Hubby and I remembered the old Weebles commercials and said at the same time, "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!"

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
They ruined the Shake and Bake but I found the fix. They required companies to lower sodium, so just adding salt to the coating or sprinkling some salt on the chicken beforehand makes it yummy again.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They ruined the Shake and Bake but I found the fix. They required companies to lower sodium, so just adding salt to the coating or sprinkling some salt on the chicken beforehand makes it yummy again.

Yeah, that whole 70s push to remove/reduce salt from just about everything took my mom by storm as well. It was the health fad of the era. Everything she made (likely from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook), she followed the recipe to a T, but then removed the salt. Soooooo blaaaand.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I was listening to a morning radio station the other day, and they were talking about one guy that will try eating anything, and I immediately thought about the old Life cereal commercials with "Mikey"

The weeble wobbles brought back memories! My sis and I used to have the pirate ship and island. That was a great toy!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"Take out wrenched ankle!"
"Remove funny bone!"

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

"Weebles wobble but they don't fall down", that's one I haven't heard in a while! My husband used to say it after each of the kids first started walking, lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

An utterly disgusting product but awesome ads.

top topics

join