It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reeeeeeee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

"REEEEEEE" is an onomatopoeic expression of intense rage or frustration typically associated with the Angry Pepe character and used by those who frequent the /r9k/ board on 4chan. The expression is often associated with the Autistic Screeching meme, however it is intended to represent the unique croak produced by several species of frogs when agitated. Additionally, the expression has been combined with the word repost to call out duplicate posts on Reddit, Imgur and other sites.

I've seen this meme before maybe once. Didn't pay that much attention to it really.

The moth lamp meme is funnier IMO.
edit on 2-11-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I guess it was a real strong. I don’t know who would listen to it though .

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As far as I know it's taking shots at people on the Autism Spectrum which I personally do not appreciate in the least.

I believe it's supposed to be an insult, or at least that's how I've seen it used. As if being autistic is something to be insulted about. Or as if being autistic means you have low intelligence.

I can tell you this, I've never heard my son make a noise that sounds anything like that but I have heard him singing the English alphabet, Russian alphabet, watching cartoons in Arabic, reading, and trying to do math. He'll be 4 in January. Oh and he's learning an Afrikaans as well. He's taught himself all these things with the help of the internet, he even taught me the Russian Alphabet as well, because he insisted I sing it to him forward and backwards. All I knew before he came into this world was English and Spanish.

While I understand that not every person on the spectrum functions at the same levels, I cannot stand the rude and disrespectful "reee" joke.

My 2 cents, take it or leave it.

-Alee

ETA: Oh and by the way, humor isn't lost on me, I understand a lot of jokes, even some that I do enjoy are kind of disrespectful as the basis - and I before I gave birth to my son I would freely use the phrase "that's retarded" Which now I understand is a rather disgusting insult. I feel like for a lot of people myself included it takes loving and having a high amount of respect for the person who is at the butt of a mean and disrespectful joke before realizing how harmful it is. Others pick up on these things quicker, and some just never do. So I'm not just complaining to complain, but I thought I'd throw my opinion out there this morning.

Oh and while I'm bitching- someone made a comment in our community group this morning after a woman made an absolutely incoherent post "A lot of 'rain man' types in our town if you know what I mean...."

What a douche bag. Did he even see the movie? Rain Man was damn intelligent.
edit on 11/2/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Squealing Pig....... ?

That is what comes to mind. Rreeeeeeeeeeeeee said while inhaling.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
As far as I know it's taking shots at people on the Autism Spectrum which I personally do not appreciate in the least.

I believe it's supposed to be an insult, or at least that's how I've seen it used. As if being autistic is something to be insulted about. Or as if being autistic means you have low intelligence.

I can tell you this, I've never heard my son make a noise that sounds anything like that but I have heard him singing the English alphabet, Russian alphabet, watching cartoons in Arabic, reading, and trying to do math. He'll be 4 in January. Oh and he's learning an Afrikaans as well. He's taught himself all these things with the help of the internet, he even taught me the Russian Alphabet as well, because he insisted I sing it to him forward and backwards. All I knew before he came into this world was English and Spanish.

While I understand that not every person on the spectrum functions at the same levels, I cannot stand the rude and disrespectful "reee" joke.

My 2 cents, take it or leave it.

-Alee

ETA: Oh and by the way, humor isn't lost on me, I understand a lot of jokes, even some that I do enjoy are kind of disrespectful as the basis - and I before I gave birth to my son I would freely use the phrase "that's retarded" Which now I understand is a rather disgusting insult. I feel like for a lot of people myself included it takes loving and having a high amount of respect for the person who is at the butt of a mean and disrespectful joke before realizing how harmful it is. Others pick up on these things quicker, and some just never do. So I'm not just complaining to complain, but I thought I'd throw my opinion out there this morning.

Oh and while I'm bitching- someone made a comment in our community group this morning after a woman made an absolutely incoherent post "A lot of 'rain man' types in our town if you know what I mean...."

What a douche bag. Did he even see the movie? Rain Man was damn intelligent.

Sabes espaniol bien? Lo que dices de tu hijo, el tiene autismo? ME gusta que el sepa el alfabeto Ruso, sabes escribir en Ruso?

Where are you from? i would love to know, please don't hate i just wonder and would really like to know more about this

вы говорите по русски?
edit on 3-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join