It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

review...."Bad times at the El Royale"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What a beautiful film by director Goddard, in all it's violent, brutal, bloody glory. Perfect cast with characters that draw you into their world that twist your sensibilities with almost flawless performances. Retro Tarantino meets Agatha Christi type of script with a 60s classic soundtrac.

2+ hours of filmmaking at it's best.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I didn't feel it. It was a really strange movie. But SO.....SLOW....

Still, there were a few surprises that happen in all this slowness, that really knock you out of your seat when they happen, so I'll give it points for that.

I'll repeat though, it is a STRANGE movie....so it's almost worth watching just for this..... It's like, Twin Peaks level weird.... (which can be a good thing).

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My wife and I watched it last weekend and really liked it. When it was over, I said "It's like Tarantino and David Lynch collaborated on a movie." Apparently that insight wasn't particularly unique.

Definitely weird and strange, in a good way that makes a movie interesting without going so far past the edge (as Lynch too frequently IMO does) that you feel like the director's just feeding his own quirky furnace.

Definitely worth the time to watch.

new topics

join