It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stinky Meat Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
In the early 2000's somebody had the bright idea of setting meat out to rot and documenting the process. He covered the smell, texture, and various insect life that was feeding off it.

You can see the original project here:

Stinky Meat

Three years ago some guys decided to recreate the project. It's pretty gross so only watch if you have a strong stomach. At least it's not smellavision.

edit on 6-10-2018 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

MAN...I really have got to get off the web!

I thought this thread was about something COMPLETELY different!!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What did you think it was about?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Are you sure, like really sure, you want me to tell you?????

ETA - I 100% fully expected to see a picture of Stormy Daniels!
edit on 10/6/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Oh yes. I want to know.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You know they could have given all of that to someone in need. There are plenty who never eat like that and the animals died, for what! Yes it stinks!
edit on 6-10-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
You know they could have given all of that to someone in need. There are plenty who never eat like that and the animals died, for what! Yes it stinks!

Animals die all the time, and then, they decay.

So in this case, rather than killing the animals and documenting what happens to them (ever see a piece of roadkill that just sort of melts away on the side of the road), they picked up slabs of meat.

Yeah, someone could have eaten it, but at the same time, the process and progression of decay is worthy of study in and of itself for various reasons. Entire branches of forensics make use of it. You want to call it a waste because someone put this on YouTube, but it is not without its merits.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Animals die all the time, and then, they decay.

I didn't watch it, they "picked up" that turkey and those cuts of meat from the road? Doubt that.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

MAN...I really have got to get off the web!

I thought this thread was about something COMPLETELY different!!

Yup, me too. First thing that went through my mind before clicking was, "Dude. Wash it." XD

I was not actually expecting decaying animal flesh, I really thought this was going a more Rated R direction
edit on 10/6/2018 by Nyiah because: Bunglng tags already today, we're off to a great start...

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Clearly either you didn't understand what I was saying or I didn't make myself clear.

Instead of killing the animals, they picked up slabs of meat. I injected the bit about roadkill to point out that animals decay and aren't always recycled by macro-scavengers like vultures or opportunistic carnivores.

So instead of killing a turkey themselves, they bought a slab of turkey and documented the process of decay. As I explained, there are branches devoted to the study of decay and that make use of it for various reasons.

I could also point out that how a person chooses to spend their money is their business. You see a profligate waste here, but they could easily have taken this money and put it into something else that wouldn't have benefited poor, hungry people, too. Your reaction is because of what you see and the low value you place on the study of decay.
edit on 6-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That's mild. I've seen refrigerators that were abandoned for a couple of months and all the food went mouldy green, black and white. Just walking past that refrigerator would make your skin sting, feel a wave of heat and smell something powdery and dusty.

top topics

join