It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light prompts UFO sighting reports in Toronto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I understand with military tech and drones, it's so hard to say anymore. I still like to look and hear what others think.

www.news9ontime.com...

Skywatchers on the east aspect of Toronto had been a bit spooked on Thursday night time to see a “fireball formed” object hovering over Lake Ontario. Reports of a giant, spherical, orange light close to Scarborough first began coming in on Twitter round 11 p.m. “Hovering in the identical spot for half an hour now,” wrote one observer round 11:30 p.m. “Went out for about 10 seconds then got here again. Observe the hanging smoke round it.”

“It regarded like a meteor, however the bizarre factor was it simply hovered as a substitute of shifting or dissipating,” wrote somebody on a UFO Hunters reporting web site. “I continued to verify the article to the west of me as I proceeded north on the freeway, and it remained in the identical spot, glowing and hovering,” continued the nameless spotter. “I assumed this was a really odd object – it was not like a traditional meteor sighting.”

“It regarded just like the solar was glowing brilliant but additionally noticed smoke,” famous another person in a Reddit thread in regards to the light. “It nearly regarded like there was an enormous explosion on the U.S. aspect as I am proper throughout the lake in West Rouge.”

Official explanation:

Durham Police had certainly been looking for a lacking boater off the coast of Ajax, Ontario earlier in the day. The 32-year-old man’s fishing boat was discovered unattended simply earlier than three p.m. on Thursday afternoon and he has but to be situated.

CBC Information reports that a Royal Canadian Air Drive Hercules airplane was known as in to help the search on Thursday night, which might clarify the brilliant lights.

I could be wrong but I thought S&R missions we're suspended at night. Due to lack of probability of a sighting and safety concerns.

Additional pics and video at above link.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure what else to add as you've answered what happened already.

There was a missing boater out on lake Ontario, they launched a flare to search at night. Many of the videos I've seen even have the smoke trail coming off the flare.

Nothing suspicious, I saw it from elsewhere in the GTA, but the official story checks out, and the pic/video evidence backs it up. Case Closed, IMO

globalnews.ca...

Lots of people drink heavy and go overboard on Lake Ontario. Not sure if they found him, but nothing nefarious about the explanations...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chronic_Blaze
I'm not sure what else to add as you've answered what happened already.

There was a missing boater out on lake Ontario, they launched a flare to search at night. Many of the videos I've seen even have the smoke trail coming off the flare.

Nothing suspicious, I saw it from elsewhere in the GTA, but the official story checks out, and the pic/video evidence backs it up. Case Closed, IMO

globalnews.ca...

Lots of people drink heavy and go overboard on Lake Ontario. Not sure if they found him, but nothing nefarious about the explanations...

I was going to say that looks exactly like an illum. flare behind cloud and smoke cover, good find!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

“Hovering in the identical spot for half an hour now,” wrote one observer round 11:30 p.m. “Went out for about 10 seconds then got here again. Observe the hanging smoke round it.”

Flare?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: BigDave-AR

“Hovering in the identical spot for half an hour now,” wrote one observer round 11:30 p.m. “Went out for about 10 seconds then got here again. Observe the hanging smoke round it.”

Flare?

Is 10 seconds unreasonable for the time it might take you to launch another? Parachute flares have a decent amount of hang time.

top topics

join