It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton faces criminal inquiry into its business ties with Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I just wanted to post on how they get away with this crap. They just have a company spokesperson redirect the discussion away from their wrongdoing and onto an irrelevent issue.

Statements by the whistleblowers - five of whom were identified - and the government's audit report "portray a company and a contracting environment that has run amok," Waxman wrote in a letter to Government Reform Committee Chairman Tom Davis, R-Va., on Monday.

Halliburton disputed the auditor's report and said Waxman was politically motivated.

Wendy Hall, a company spokeswoman, said Waxman's allegations do nothing "to feed a single member of our military, create a single unit of housing, repair a single oil well or supply a single piece of material for reconstruction."

Well guess what Wendy, that's not the issue. The issue is your corrupt company and its current DEFRAUDING of the american taxpayers. I can't believe she even has the arrogance to just dismiss A US LEGISLATOR with such a deriding tone, as though he can just be brushed off like a mosquito.
But I guess this corrporation feels that they are above the law of mere men, after all they are sanctioned by GW and therefore by god to do whatever the hell they want, right?

Im fed up with this BS, its time people we stand up for what we believe in. Its time for massive demonstrations in the streets. We must show them that they can't push us around any more. I for one am sick of taking their crap.
If we don't fight now, we will regret it later when they have tightened their stranglehold around our necks.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Waxman of the Government Reform Committee is the man. They don't get much done in the way of legislations or real change, but they sure ask the right questions sometimes. I think what we really need it a citizen based oversight group with real judiciary power, a group well insulated from private contributions or affiliations. Rather than putting up all these cameras on street corners, how about we start putting some in offices and meeting rooms? I mean aren't we the ones paying them? Maybe it's time to see what we are really paying for, as Halliburton is just a glimpse of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
very good point....

a citizen based oversight group with real judiciary power, a group well insulated from private contributions or affiliations. Rather than putting up all these cameras on street corners, how about we start putting some in offices and meeting rooms

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
First of all lest not forget that Haliburton is a global conglomerate in the oil field industry. The flag about their business dealing has been raised more than once.

Secondly we have conflict of interest, the vice president of the US, was head of the Haliburton, until 2000, even when he stepped down for obvious reason, he still gets compensations and benefits, for a period of 5 years that is in the company 2001 financial statements.

And Haliburton “other” company shareholders have ties to the administration. So is not wonder as why the are still in business and still been crooked.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
No wonder Kuwait is going to start selling us fuel in iraq. Here's another 3 adn half million dollars of your money down the toliet...

money.cnn.com...
Ex-Halliburton employee indicted
Former worker at Halliburton unit KBR charged with attempt to defraud military of $3.5 million.
March 17, 2005: 2:00 PM EST
WASHINGTON (CNN) - A former employee of Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root has been indicted on fraud charges in connection with a military contract in Kuwait, the Justice Department announced Thursday.

Jeff Mazon faces a 10-count indictment on charges that he devised a scheme to defraud the government of more than $3.5 million in the awarding of a subcontract to a firm that supplied fuel tankers for military operations in Kuwait.

Mazon, 36, is charged along with Ali Hijazi, the managing partner of the subcontractor LaNouvelle Trading and Contracting Co., a Kuwaiti firm. Hijazi, who is not a U.S. citizen, remains at large, officials said.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelForbin
Well guess what Wendy, that's not the issue. The issue is your corrupt company and its current DEFRAUDING of the american taxpayers. I can't believe she even has the arrogance to just dismiss A US LEGISLATOR with such a deriding tone, as though he can just be brushed off like a mosquito.
But I guess this corrporation feels that they are above the law of mere men, after all they are sanctioned by GW and therefore by god to do whatever the hell they want, right?

In a nutshell.

Halliburton is 'above and beyond' any call for responsibility. They can do what they want when they want. Not unlike many other international concerns. Halliburton just happens to be in the spot light.

[edit on 19-3-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Can you imagine if you told your boss that not only could you account for 43% of the companies expenditures, but that your payrole payouts included non-exsistent workers being payed to fill non-exsistent positions? We are paying fake people to do fake jobs with real money. Of all the reasons to hang Halliburton, this seems to me to be the most audacious.

www.halliburtonwatch.org...
U.S. mismanaged $8.8 billion in Iraqi funds: 'Ghost employees' hired for nonexistent work
19 Aug. 2004
WASHINGTON, Aug. 19 (HalliburtonWatch.org) -- The U.S. Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) mismanaged $8.8 billion in Iraqi funds between March 2003 and June 2004, says an internal government audit leaked to retired Col. David Hackworth. Halliburton was paid $1.5 billion from these funds.

The audit, conducted by the U.S. coalition's inspector general, says the CPA's accounting books indicate that 74,000 guards were paid for work even though the actual number could not be validated. Another 8,206 guards were listed as employees even though only 603 people could be found doing any work.

"[M]y sources have been telling me for months that Iraqi payrolls have been heavily padded with ghost soldiers and ghost guards," reports Hackworth, a highly decorated and retired Army colonel and author. He said more than $17 million was allocated to guards and the Iraqi army without providing standard accounting documents to verify its accuracy. "Pals in Iraq say this has been standard drill since the birth of 'a very dysfunctional' CPA," Hackworth said.

"A U.S. official confirmed the contents of the leaked audit cited by Hackworth (www.hackworth.com) were accurate," reported Reuters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join