It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

know any good books about the FSB or SVR?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
ive always been intrigued by russian intelligence agencies but have never done much reading. read a lot of CIA books and cold war type novels. i watched red sparrow recently and i can not stop thinking about how russian intelligence plays the game.

of course i can pick books of amazon or goodreads based on reviews but im curious to what people here have to recommend

anything non fiction on the FSB(former KGB) or SVR will work.

thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

put this on hold

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1524176581&sr=1-1&keywords=kgb

Christopher Andrews work is based on one of the most extraordinary intelligence coups of recent times the discovery of a treasure-trove of highly classified documents which the FBI has described after close examination as the most complete and extensive intelligence ever received from any source

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

you after fiction or non-fiction?

I don't really read mystery/crime/spy stuff but a neighbour regularly gives me bags and bags of books, I had a couple of related fiction books in there.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

looking for non fiction at the moment

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Although not entirely KGB related.... Red Horizons by Ion Mihai Pacepa, some of his works do touch on the KGB subject.

"He is the highest-ranking defector from the former Eastern Bloc. At the time of his defection, General Pacepa simultaneously had the rank of advisor to President Nicolae Ceauşescu, acting chief of his foreign intelligence service and a state secretary of Romania's Ministry of Interior."

en.wikipedia.org...

"Ceauşescu and his wife, Elena, were sentenced to death at the end of a trial where most of the accusations came almost word-for-word out of Red Horizons. (A second edition, published in March 1990, contained the transcript of Ceauşescu's trial, which was based on facts presented in Red Horizons.)"
edit on 19-4-2018 by Mark42 because: duplication of although, no need for it.

top topics

join