It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Edgar Cayce

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I did not forget that he worked in a library, because I never learned that he worked in a library.

In fact, it doesn't appear to be true.

The book mentions that he took up the trade of photography early in life due to a severe case of laryngitis. An online search yields the same information and nowhere could I find anything to support the idea that he worked at a library.

Are you talking about the Edgar Cayce Library, which was built in his memory?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses
No, i'm trying to find the book right now. He was specifically a library cataloguer if I remember correctly... I do remember he claimed never to have actually read the books, but to sleep on them and 'absorb' them.

Martin Gardner proposed that he got his info from books and details the influences of Jung and Blavatsky (which are obvious if you're familiar with their work), and Charles Thomas Cayce said that correspondence letters were more likely. He actually consulted a lot of occultists and homeopaths to 'assist' him during readings, so no doubt he got info from them. Personally I think much of it was just his own unconscious mind dissociating into whatever suited the person being read.

Regardless... he predicted most of LA, San Fran and New York would be destroyed in 1998. But people don't like to remember the failures.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Yes, Cayce was nicknamed "the Sleeping Prophet" on account of his reported ability to absorb information by placing his head on books. Cayce is said to have discovered and developed this ability in school.

Predictions of all sorts fail, even scientific (e.g. global cooling in the 1970s). So what is your point? That psychic phenomena do not exist? Maybe I'm interpreting your responses incorrectly but you seem like a skeptic, and that's perfectly fine. Just remember that glib phrases like "but people don't like to remember failures" work both ways, and what do we gain? Nothing.

<< 1   >>

join