It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Eisenhower should I say President Eisenhower stopped US from causing WW3. Third Party.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
He sure knew his thing. People think McArthur was good. Eisenhower knows his stuff. How he warned every single American. Too bad US doesn't have someone like him in power anymore. Could you imagine McArthur being president. He would nuke China. A general who knew who would've become mad warlords and fought in a war against mad scientists. He was Third party! Too bad American democracy doesn't have that anymore.

5 people he disliked

5. McArthur would've cause WW3 and nuked China.

4. Look what happened to Kennedy, got assassinated. He was right. Too young and inexperienced.

3. Marshal Montgomery

2. No comment

1. Keep calling everything communism will be the death of your own nation just like America today. He would've become mad like Hitler.

edit on 5-2-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
No doubt the world would be a different place if McArthur had his way in Korea.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They should have let him finish, and then thrown his ass in the oval office by force for 8 years of loyal, wonderful leadership.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You got to wonder what would of happened, WWIII..perhaps? It wouldn't of been a full scale atomic war. Surely it would of been world changing.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Read Eisenhowers last warning. America wins = doom. America lose = Soviet win. It was a mere too late to change if the military refuse to change its attitude on the world.

Its like Eisenhower was fighting a multiple front war internally and externally. Its just that the grand fathers of America refuse to listen. That is why the world is in complete mess right now. A war with China means never ending war with Soviet back means suicide. US population was no where near 300million during that time.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-2-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I think Kennedy was fighting the same fight.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I think a more natural peace not dependant on nukes would have emerged. Less direct confrontation, more direct competition and cooperation than the cold war brought us.

We traded emerging civilization changing dynamics for military advancement.

Thats how I see it. Tools that can take us down, instead of tools that can bring us up.

Our nuclear technologies for example, emerged from a "military needs" first in application and orientation of infrastructure.

Russia was only ever copying our direction early on.

We didnt focus on MORE and cleaner /efficient energy.

We focussed on super weapon fuel we can use to heat water in a turbine.

LOL

edit on 2 5 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I recall Eisenhower was labeled as 'a do nothing president' tho we did have the Korean War in his term. He was also the first Supreme Commander of Nato. Otherwise, as I look back, this man knew the results of war and hated it. That was all before the CIA/MIC took over.

The 50's were good.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Interesting times they were, you could be quite right.. a brave new world maybe.
The Soviets were following but they were aware of the potential, the cat was out of the bag one the atom was split. They just didn't have the resources to put it together.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The world has seen 120 million or so deaths as a result of communism.

MacArthur was right. Eisenhower was wrong.

I am certain the 120+ million dead agree with me. Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Killing Fields, Etc. All a result of unfettered communism spreading. Not to mention the disaster the middle east became with the formation of Soviet Blocks that only crumbled later under the weight of their own stupidity.

America

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

You cant kill everyone, nor can you kill an idea/ideaology or concept..maybe just as many or more would of died.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wasn't Ike commander of NATO forces in Europe at the time? I was under the impression that it was Truman that was forced to bitch-slap MacArthur when he wanted to use the A-Bomb, after Chinese troops started pouring across the Yalu river and forcing U.N. troops to fall back to SK.

Ike didn't take office until after MacArthur was relieved.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
Wasn't Ike commander of NATO forces in Europe at the time? I was under the impression that it was Truman that was forced to bitch-slap MacArthur when he wanted to use the A-Bomb, after Chinese troops started pouring across the Yalu river and forcing U.N. troops to fall back to SK.

Ike didn't take office until after MacArthur was relieved.

Yes, but he also ended the Korean war without McArthur strategy of using a nuke. McArthur only escalated the war by pissing off China. If he didn't pissed off China. SK would have had more lands than NK.

www.history.com...

join