It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics: The newest spectator sport

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No matter which way it goes, we are going to be ruled over by someone or something. The question is how do you want to be ruled over? The answer is you no longer get to ask that question because speaking out about anything now is considered hate speech. That is how you know who actually rules. The one's you can't criticize without being labeled, or worse, for your criticisms.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Since Trump is the one in office that is exactly what we are seeing with his supporters, labeling people "leftist" or "un-American" for criticizing him, they classify anything criticizing him as hate speech, hate for America and its supposed values.

Would you agree with that?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I do care. Not about the drama and scandals but people getting sucked into it. I couldn't give two #s about politics, but I do care about seeing people I care for (and yes that includes my fellow members here on ATS) getting obsessed over what I consider to be a psyop and for buying into a narrative being served to us by the establishment and PTB.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: 3daysgone

Since Trump is the one in office that is exactly what we are seeing with his supporters, labeling people "leftist" or "un-American" for criticizing him, they classify anything criticizing him as hate speech, hate for America and its supposed values.

Would you agree with that?

Both sides are criticizing the other side. But the side that is getting fired for voting a certain way, or being sued for their religious view points is not the Dems. Trump is being criticized to such an extent that I have never witnessed anything like it in my entire life. It is 24/7 with the MSN. That should tell you something.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Wow, messing with people's soap opera? Hanging low today I see.

But I completely agree. We will not see any change for the better from the top pretending to reform themselves. Their whole industry is to protect the swamp, making the players large sums of money and power in the process. Real change will only come from the people's refusal to continue putting up with this.

So what do you think? How do we change the system? Will the only opportunity for change be from a large meltdown? If we don't have a replacement system in place or a replacement ideal, we will end up with the exact same system. Just the names of our masters will change.

How do we get back to our constitution & bill of rights? How do we get back to a limited government where the majority of power is in the hands of the individual states, as it was intended to be? How do we get people into these lessened power positions that view their duty as serving the people and not taking us for everything we have? How do we return to the republic we were meant to be?

Somehow we have to remove the corrupt benefits from holding these positions. We know the human tendency and what type of people power attracts. How do we change these jobs to be that of servants and not of masters?

Will the will of the people need to change first? Will our goals and desires need to change before any change is felt at the top of the power pyramid? Is our government simply a reflection of ourselves. Our desires for material goods and even power over another person's free will creates the system we currently have. Our refusal to accept and be comfortable with ourselves causes us to force others into our view points instead of being happy with differences, because we are insecure.

Can we change this system without changing ourselves first?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't think so. People watching politics is dropping faster than the NFL.
It may be louder but it's with much fewer people. Bots and trolls have taken it over.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Although I disagree with a few things, this was a good write-up, man. Keep it up. I would suggest a few examples thrown in, i.e. an example of someone continuing to rob us behind our backs.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Metallicus

I do care. Not about the drama and scandals but people getting sucked into it. I couldn't give two #s about politics, but I do care about seeing people I care for (and yes that includes my fellow members here on ATS) getting obsessed over what I consider to be a psyop and for buying into a narrative being served to us by the establishment and PTB.

As you are admittedly not a leftist, rather than spend your time telling everyone how wonderful you are by not buying into the divide, why not look into the corruption that we continue to bring up? You don't have to like Trump to see that there is an active movement to remove him. And if you care even the slightest little bit about our nation, due process, and rules, then you should be outraged by the double standard, and actively looking to see justice make at least a cameo appearance.

But it's more fun to pick apart right leaning posts, then pretend you aren't in the bag for the left, because you don't openly suck their teets.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join