It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German CEO pay/worker 12:1 And US CEO pay 472:1

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
And Trump just cut their taxes as if they don't have enough money

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

No silly, the corps are going to pass the savings on to the consumer./sarc

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That competition hasn't dented profits, infact profits have never been higher.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is the essence of what is wrong with America: GREED

It will destroy this country and with Trump maybe sooner than we think

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Edumakated

So earning several million dollars a year for doing "a job" is ok? I have no problem with remuneration but 40 hours a week or less for being nothing more than playing the figurehead is nothing less than obscene.

No one who makes a lot of money works 40 hours a week. Most CEOs or any executive... heck almost anyone making six figures works like 60-80 hour weeks. 40 hours a week is for people who want below average pay. First year investment bankers work like 90 - 100 weeks. Same for lawyers at major law firms. ALL THE TIME. Most people complaining couldn't make it two weeks.

Is earning several million a year for playing a sport "ok"? What about several million a year for being an best selling author? How about several million a year for reading a teleprompter on TV? How about several million a year for playing records on the radio? We can play this game all day... why is making several million a year as a CEO egregious but not other fields?

Yes as far as hours. However, plenty of low paid jobs work crazy hours. Further, a number of high stress high responsibility jobs with low pay do. Teachers and education admins in low income school districts for example. NOT a 40 a week job. I was in the field for 6 years. 6-7 day a week job, very hard, very stressful, low pay. Hardest job I ever had, and now I have one that appears more prestigious, pays better, and is less stressful. No real analysis relies on simplisms.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
This op doesn't present any kind of problem other than spewing statistics. I for one would rather live in a place where wealth is so abundant you can have a CEO making 475 times the average worker than someplace else where the cap is much lower..
Most of western and northern Europe has a far smaller ratio of CEO to worker pay, better economic mobility, better education outcomes, better standard of living, better access to health care, etc. The myth of American exceptionalism amongst developed countries is pretty much dead.. And, per capita many of these countries are quite wealthy. Educate yourself and stop being a boot licker for the .01%.. It's not a good look on you.
edit on 29-1-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
And Trump just cut their taxes as if they don't have enough money

can you show us exactly where the tax cut's were made? I haven't been able to read all of the information I would like to share, thanks.

(post by libertytoall removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter its may you guys in the west are so dumb like the east ones. gettin NOTHING DONE

edit on 24-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join