It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richest one percent made 82% of wealth created last year: Oxfam

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldskool88
Another self rightous biggot that obviously thinks his worth more than your average amazon worker or care home worker or bin man.

To insult me doesn't add validity to your point...

You didn't answer my questions.... If someone is in the field of care home worker for years and years making only 5% above minimum wage...All I ask is why? That is like saying a person stays a plummer apprentice for ever...then again I would need to ask why?

At some point the care home worker knows the business, becomes a subject matter expert on their profession evolving into the skill sets of successfully running their own care home business. That would be a normal progression, so I asked why are they still making the wage year after year that a completely new person to the field would also make.

People without a financial backing need anyjob what ever that may be to survive, then they need to maintain that job to survive.

Why can't they get financial backing? Once again what is going on in this person's life that they can not progress past the lowest wage earner?

Everyone uses these peoples services and it can be argued is more important than your favourite film star or footballer .

I agree, but talent of many kinds seems to be valuable in our society, but it is all not just talent for them. They work extremely hard to get where they are...much harder than the vast majority of society is willing to do, including myself.

You obvioisly do well financially and i sense you have no experience of being at the bottom of the pile. Some people are working as hard as they can without risking loosing there family home and without putting there family at jeopardy by risking all of there little bit of wealth!!!!

I grew up poor, and spent 28 years in the military, today I'm a director in a company...

(they should get a fair living wage is what im saying)

You didn't answer my question... What is a living wage?

1. A single person living on their own?
2. A wage to take care of a full family?
3. A wage were 4 adults can share costs and do well?
4. ??

And as for life changes, your little small minded perception of what i meant shows how much life xp you actually have. How about divorce, abuse, grieveing of loved ones, illness. At the end of the day everyone has a story and some are obviously harder going than your upbringing, an assumption im making from your interpretation of what i said. My point did not imply any of your interpretation!!

Don't worry I have a few of those just like everyone else. lol

Some people cant afford to gamble everything because it would potentially leave them homeless!! Some people have not got the time to learn all the aspects of starting a business as they are to busy surviving!!

And so there they are from high school to 70 not able to do a damn thing but work 2 jobs at minimum wage their whole lives, right?... I think many go though life constantly making poor life choices that keep building up on them to the point they are stuck in your scenario.

And as for you claiming coperations are not greedy!!! Are you retarded? You said its more that the lower paid workers have got themselves to blame for being paid a tiny fraction of the coperations profits. Thats a fkin insult to most minimum wage workers!!

You do know that out of 80 million hourly workers about 3% are minimum wage jobs...

So tell me do u believe that the person that looks after your mother later on in life, wipes her arse and cleans her sick and feeds and clothes her. Is worth 1,000,000 times less a month than a #ing guy that runs and kicks a football about.

Get of your high horse pal!!

You get rather triggered and you fail to see what I'm asking of you.

edit on 26-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Oldskool88
Another self rightous biggot that obviously thinks his worth more than your average amazon worker or care home worker or bin man.

To insult me doesn't add validity to your point...

You didn't answer my questions.... If someone is in the field of care home worker for years and years making only 5% above minimum wage...All I ask is why? That is like saying a person stays a plummer apprentice for ever...then again I would need to ask why?

At some point the care home worker knows the business, becomes a subject matter expert on their profession evolving into the skill sets of successfully running their own care home business. That would be a normal progression, so I asked why are they still making the wage year after year that a completely new person to the field would also make.

People without a financial backing need anyjob what ever that may be to survive, then they need to maintain that job to survive.

Why can't they get financial backing? Once again what is going on in this person's life that they can not progress past the lowest wage earner?

Everyone uses these peoples services and it can be argued is more important than your favourite film star or footballer .

I agree, but talent of many kinds seems to be valuable in our society, but it is all not just talent for them. They work extremely hard to get where they are...much harder than the vast majority of society is willing to do, including myself.

You obvioisly do well financially and i sense you have no experience of being at the bottom of the pile. Some people are working as hard as they can without risking loosing there family home and without putting there family at jeopardy by risking all of there little bit of wealth!!!!

I grew up poor, and spent 28 years in the military, today I'm a director in a company...

(they should get a fair living wage is what im saying)

You didn't answer my question... What is a living wage?

1. A single person living on their own?
2. A wage to take care of a full family?
3. A wage were 4 adults can share costs and do well?
4. ??

And as for life changes, your little small minded perception of what i meant shows how much life xp you actually have. How about divorce, abuse, grieveing of loved ones, illness. At the end of the day everyone has a story and some are obviously harder going than your upbringing, an assumption im making from your interpretation of what i said. My point did not imply any of your interpretation!!

Don't worry I have a few of those just like everyone else. lol

Some people cant afford to gamble everything because it would potentially leave them homeless!! Some people have not got the time to learn all the aspects of starting a business as they are to busy surviving!!

And so there they are from high school to 70 not able to do a damn thing but work 2 jobs at minimum wage their whole lives, right?... I think many go though life constantly making poor life choices that keep building up on them to the point they are stuck in your scenario.

And as for you claiming coperations are not greedy!!! Are you retarded? You said its more that the lower paid workers have got themselves to blame for being paid a tiny fraction of the coperations profits. Thats a fkin insult to most minimum wage workers!!

You do know that out of 80 million hourly workers about 3% are minimum wage jobs...

So tell me do u believe that the person that looks after your mother later on in life, wipes her arse and cleans her sick and feeds and clothes her. Is worth 1,000,000 times less a month than a #ing guy that runs and kicks a football about.

Get of your high horse pal!!

You get rather triggered and you fail to see what I'm asking of you.

i think i sort of answered most of your questions in my last post. And people on 0.10 more than minimum wage are technically not considered on minimum wage. Good luck finding an apprenticeship that pays enough to keep your average adult warmed, clothed and fed. Theres countless reasons why people get in a strut or dont make the better decisions in earlyier life. You have done well. But i dont get your argument. Do you actually value your average carehome worker or bin man less than others or yourself??. Even though there services are just as important as the person that can go and get an apprenticeship and fit pipes together. They contribute as many hours into society as your next man earning 10x more. I earn double than my m8 thats a qualified and very experienced mechanic. I think this is bs. You would say to me well he could start hes own repair shop. Yes he could. Do you understand how competitive this is. He hasnt got the financial buffer to allow for months of slow work and intial outlay. And if his busy fixing cars how can he run it properly which adds extra cash needed because he would have to employ somone to help. Anyone with enough cash can make this sort of business work. But when you have only a small buffer of cash. Is it really worth the risk. Because if he went bankrupt where would his options be. Theres countless examples of people i consider being undervalued and theres countless examples of people doing very little for a salary i think is not justified. Dont get me wrong things will never be %100 fair. But more should be done to make sure some people are properly rewarded and not taken advantage of.

It annoys me When i see some companys making 100s of millions in profits and paying most of the workforce that make that happen as little as they can get away with or a fraction above the minimum wage.

No human needs 100,000s of thousands a week. The housing situation is a bit of joke. people pay the equivalent of a mortgage cost as rent for years leaving them unable to save the amount needed to get their own mortgage. this money in the end in alot of cases goes to pay for somone elses retirement. Whilst the family thats been struggling and working to pay the mortgage (rent sorry) gets left homeless and living on pittance later in life.

Im not in this boat my words is not about self pitty i do ok and will be looking to buy my own small place in a few years. But if i was earning minimum wage i would be in that boat with most of society!

Because you have done alright financially DOES NOT!!! Make you any better than the person that works hard but dont earn alot. Some people are just not intelligent. Yet some of these people work much harder than your average manager/team leader. For a fraction of a salary. In my book this is usually taking advantage of the person doing the "actual" work.

You obviously see the world as fair and just. Hope you dont loose your job pal and forced to take a low paid job just to get by. Or even worse loose the things you have worked for. You are better than that though arnt you. You hope!

edit on 29-1-2018 by Oldskool88 because: :-)

<< 7  8  9   >>

join