It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cassidy, 'Partridge Family' star, dead at 67

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I grew up with the Partridge Family... sad that the teen heart-throb of the 70's is gone. Makes me feel old!

Fox News Source Article

"Partridge Family" star David Cassidy died Tuesday after suffering liver and kidney failure, his publicist confirmed. He was 67. "David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long," JoAnn Geffen said. "Thank you for the abundance of love and support you have shown him these many years." Cassidy was admitted to a Fort Lauderdale, Fla. hospital Wednesday, though his condition was not reported until this past Saturday. Geffen told multiple news outlets over the weekend that Cassidy was suffering from multiple organ failure. Born into a show business family, Cassidy rocketed to stardom on ABC’s "The Partridge Family," a sitcom about a widow (played by Cassidy’s real-life stepmother Shirley Jones) and her five children who form a rock band and tour the country. The cast also featured Susan Dey, later of "L.A. Law" fame, as sibling Laurie Partridge and Danny Bonaduce as sibling Danny Partridge. As eldest son Keith Partridge, Cassidy became a global heartthrob as the face -- and voice -- of the Partridge Family’s biggest hit, “I Think I Love You." The song spent three weeks on top of the Billboard chart at a time when other hit singles included James Taylor's "Fire and Rain" and Smokey Robinson and the Miracles' "The Tears of a Clown." "In two years, David Cassidy has swept hurricane-like into the pre-pubescent lives of millions of American girls," Rolling Stone magazine noted in 1972. "Leaving: six and a half million long-playing albums and singles; 44 television programs; David Cassidy lunch boxes; David Cassidy bubble gum; David Cassidy coloring books and David Cassidy pens; not to mention several millions of teen magazines, wall stickers, love beads, posters and photo albums."

edit on 11212017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I saw a report on the news that mentioned he had kidney and liver failure, and I thought at the time that it didn't sound at all good.

Sorry for his friends and family.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Can't resist

I have to admit I had a major crush on him at 13

RIP David

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
RIP David.....sing forever in the sky.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Guess I'm never getting that kiss.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Sad... but I knew about his death early yesterday??

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Very sad, I missed his show in tarrytown ny last year. I just figured next time around I’d catch him. So sad, loved David’s music. Thank you Dave, rock on! RIP..

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was never a fan, and really didn't watch the Partridge Family, but He died far too young.... brought on by drug and alcohol abuse. Yet He is an Idol to many oldsters and even a few youngsters.

May he rest where there are no worries, only the Love He sang of...

new topics

top topics

join