It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray for our Country Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The time is now to pray, meditate, whatever it is you do, that ________'s (fill in the blank) will is done and that the evil doers in our country are brought to justice. Pray that their evil is exposed and that the evil they have done is returned on their own head.

___________, I pray for my country and it's citizens, that You might expose the evil done against us and that the perpetrators might be brought to repentance or else experience the pain he/she inflicted on others. Let them be unable to sleep; awaken them with the painful reality of what they’ve done and judge them accordingly. If granting them blessings will lead them to repentance, then we pray for their blessing. If it must be tragedy that awakens them to the trail of evil they have left behind, then do whatever is necessary to bring to their senses.

Meanwhile give us the sure confidence that You will do what is right and good; let us entrust the evil done against us into Your sovereign hand, and with that, let us be content.

Or... you could just complain and fight with each other about politics right now. Which one makes more sense?
edit on 16/11/2017 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Your surely talking about Africa, or Syria or anywhere else.
As they would need your prayers far more than the U.S.

The reason things are so wonky here, is the people have allowed it to be so.

Those other countries have starving, homeless people, due to wars, famine or what have you.

Just be sure your prayers are well placed and aren't self serving.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Second Cronicles 7:14
…13"If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15"Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.…

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Your surely talking about Africa, or Syria or anywhere else.
As they would need your prayers far more than the U.S.

The reason things are so wonky here, is the people have allowed it to be so.

Those other countries have starving, homeless people, due to wars, famine or what have you.

Just be sure your prayers are well placed and aren't self serving.

Praying for the evil doers in my country to be brought to justice would go a looooong way towards alleviating the need and injustice in other parts of world wouldn't you say?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Prayer has been invented so that wicked people in high places can get away with their crimes, they depend on you actually doing nothing.

Thats why the state tolerates, indeed promotes religion.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The time is now to pray, meditate, whatever it is you do, that ________'s (fill in the blank) will is done and that the evil doers in our country are brought to justice. Pray that their evil is exposed and that the evil they have done is returned on their own head.

Pray for their deliverance instead.
edit on 16-11-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Your surely talking about Africa, or Syria or anywhere else. As they would need your prayers far more than the U.S.

It all depends. Which place do you believe to be more evil?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Prayer is a one sided conversation.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You have a bad misunderstanding of what and who God is.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Do what you do pray/meditate to the collective conscious/God/alien/ whatever...not directed at you op, just saw some responses. Reverse the mindset and help others see what our lack of knowledge and apathy allowed to happen. Have the desire to make it change and gently inform others.

I am with OP

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Prayer is a one sided conversation.

A wish list.

I want this and this and oh, this too.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
Or... you could just complain and fight with each other about politics right now. Which one makes more sense?

they're both equally effective at changing things, so i'd say it's just down to personal preference.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

well...if it makes you feel better; do it.

As for me, it would make me feel better if this country could stop fighting endless wars against bogeymen that we invented, and gathering up resources where we fight wars, if our CIA would stop dealing drugs, if our leadership would stop screwing common people, if crazy people would stop having access to enough guns and ammo to take innocent lives, ...and the list could go on for a few pages.

Prayer, IMO, won't help...but collective action will.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Jonah 3:10

When the true God saw what they did, how they had turned back from their evil ways, he reconsidered* [Or “felt regret over.”] the calamity that he said he would bring on them, and he did not bring it.

In chapter 4 you can read how this actually upset Jonah, because he had been prophecying that calamity to the people of Nineveh by God's command (after a little detour from Jonah trying to get out of having to do that). Jonah actually started sulking about God not bringing that calamity after he had been prophecying that message to the people of Nineveh. It took a sunstroke to come to his senses and be taught a valuable lesson in the process (which included a proper way of thinking about the whole situation, check it out in chapter 4; it's a short chapter, takes about a minute to read)

Song 21 Happy, the Merciful! vocals

How to Pray to God

11 What can we pray for? We can pray for anything that is acceptable to Jehovah. The Bible says: “No matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us.” (1 John 5:14) ...

12 What should be most important in our prayers? Jehovah and his will. We should thank him from our heart for everything he has done for us. (1 Chronicles 29:10-13) We know this because when Jesus was on earth, he taught his disciples how to pray. (Read Matthew 6:9-13.) He said that they should first pray for God’s name to be sanctified, that is, treated as sacred or holy. Then Jesus showed that we should pray for God’s Kingdom to come and for Jehovah’s will to be done all over the earth. It was only after praying for those very important things that Jesus said that we should pray for our personal needs. When we put Jehovah and his will first in our prayers, we show what is most important to us.
20. ...

examples:

edit on 17-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

prayer doesnt work

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I can't believe some people have taken to arguing even over your post.

The fact is that every single damn issue is politicized anymore, and it is tiresome. Not everyone eats/breathes/sleeps politics 24/7/365.

Very nice to see an OP like yours iamonlyhuman

Your idea of praying for deliverance is more effective than arguing all day every day over ridiculous politicized non-issues.

Whether you are Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Wiccan, whatever.. praying is never a waste of time. God is always listening.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Complaining and fighting absolutely does not help anything.

In fact, all of the non-issues that have become major issues demonstrates how damaging constant arguments are to the fabric of society.

Too many have made mountains out of mole-hills regarding their own pet issues, and tried to shove their values down everyone elses throats. Dems and Repubs are guilty of it, both sides do the S/O/S.

So sick and tired of politicking 24/7, accompanied with constant attacks and those attempting to bastardize truth in order to gain a few political points. Disgusting behavior, in general.

edit on 11/17/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Complaining and fighting absolutely does not help anything.

In fact, all of the non-issues that have become major issues demonstrates how damaging constant arguments are to the fabric of society.

Too many have made mountains out of mole-hills regarding their own pet issues, and tried to shove their values down everyone elses throats. Dems and Repubs are guilty of it, both sides do the S/O/S.

So sick and tired of politicking 24/7, accompanied with constant attacks and those attempting to bastardize truth in order to gain a few political points. Disgusting behavior, in general.

...then why do you do it so much?

p.s. when i said they were equally effective what i meant was neither one changes anything

edit on 17-11-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I suppose because I perpetuate some cycle of arguments.

I try to remain silent on a lot of issues, until I read a reply that is totally over the top. There are also so many instances of people passing their opinions off as fact, ignoring the fact that no evidence exists to support a certain claim.

I love when people express their opinions. I can't stand when people espouse their opinions as settled fact. Feel an obligation to point things like that out, since propaganda is a major threat to free society.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I suppose because I perpetuate some cycle of arguments.

I try to remain silent on a lot of issues, until I read a reply that is totally over the top. There are also so many instances of people passing their opinions off as fact, ignoring the fact that no evidence exists to support a certain claim.

I love when people express their opinions. I can't stand when people espouse their opinions as settled fact. Feel an obligation to point things like that out, since propaganda is a major threat to free society.

i hear that, and i can't always resist either... but i'm not sure it does any good, either way.

top topics

join