It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Podesta Group CEO Quits Firm

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, THIS is certainly a surprise.
When Tony Podesta unexpectedly stepped down from the head of his lobbying group last week, it was Kimberly Fritts he tapped to take his place.

Today, we find out that Ms. Fritts will also be stepping down...saying she is leaving to start her own company.
It is expected that many other key employees will soon follow her.

Kimberly Fritts' departure also follows last week's resignation of Podesta Group principal, Paul Brathwaite.

Are the rats abandoning ship?...I certainly seems so.

Kimberley Fritts, the longtime chief executive of the Podesta Group, is leaving the firm to start her own lobbying shop, according to three Podesta Group staffers.

Tony Podesta, the firm's founder, tapped Fritts as his successor when he announced he'd step down as chairman last week, hours after an indictment was unsealed, charging Paul Manafort and his deputy, Rick Gates, with violating foreign lobbying law.

www.politico.com...

BTW: the article provides a very interesting and oddly-worded quote:

Neither Tony Podesta, nor the Podesta Group has been charged publicly with crimes in the Manafort investigation.
A lawyer for Tony Podesta did not immediate respond to a request for comment.

The KEY word here, appears to be "publicly" (highlight,mine).
edit on 10-11-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Shouldn't all the lobby groups be outlawed by now? I thought the swamp was supposed to be getting drained?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

looking bad for trump

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The swamp is getting drained. Pay attention man.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It appears that Ms. Fritts was also the Podesta Group contact for client Uranium One Inc.
twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Shouldn't all the lobby groups be outlawed by now? I thought the swamp was supposed to be getting drained?

It's a very deep swamp.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

But it isn't, is it? Lobbying still exists. Money is still flowing into the hands of campaigns from private sources, politics is still dirty. There are no gasping alligators, parched and drying out in the sun to be seen. Its the same, pond scum riddled backwater it always was, except the dirtiest creature in the puddle is now running the place.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Yeah, that.
Well, when the dudes and a few dudettes that are passing the laws are the ones taking the BRIBES... let's face it, that is what they are.... I don't expect to see any laws passed outlawing lobbying.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

But it isn't, is it? Lobbying still exists. Money is still flowing into the hands of campaigns from private sources, politics is still dirty. There are no gasping alligators, parched and drying out in the sun to be seen. Its the same, pond scum riddled backwater it always was, except the dirtiest creature in the puddle is now running the place.

Dont disagree, especially with some of the swamp creatures he picked for his cabinet and the FCC head. However, I'm willing to give him some time.

The Swamp is full of critters from ALL sides and I don't think you could penetrate or even access the swamp if you didn't appear to be part of the swamp.

1. With the Saudi princes being arrested and killed.

2. CEO , high ranking executives, republicans and Democrats dropping like flies.

3. Hollyweird being exposed for the toxic environment we all knew it was.

4. Soros shuffling billions and being scrutinized by foreign gov'ts

5. Prominent DNC members distancing themselves from Hillary in public.

6. Hillary loosing the election she paid to win and should have won.

7. Crazy times we are living in, there is certainly a powershift happening behind closed doors. Good or Bad who knows just yet, but certainly happening.

8. Neither the DNC,GOP,MSM, nor prominent big players like google,facebook,twatter appears to like him.

Yeah , I'm giving him a little longer to see how this pans out.

edit on 341130America/ChicagoFri, 10 Nov 2017 08:34:15 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 351130America/ChicagoFri, 10 Nov 2017 08:35:36 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It appears that Ms. Fritts was also the Podesta Group contact for client Uranium One Inc.
twitter.com...

What a coincidence, eh?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Tis in the process dear fellow. Might take a while, filthy sludge just clings on.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Lol, "Swamp"? What Swamp?

Good ship lollipop, full steam ahead.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

There is a thread on this www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Trump who campaigned as an outsider and wanted to give working American's a voice, this should have been his first actions when taking office, in addition to campaign finance reform and eliminating super PACs. Trump campaigned he couldn't be bought, but yet he leaves the main problems that have controlled the decisions of our representatives intact. Sure doesn't look like he's draining the swamp. More like keeping it intact because he knows he's taken advantage of it in the past. He'll use it again once he's out of office.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Are the rats abandoning ship?...I certainly seems so.

I fear that's too much to hope for. Perhaps more like regrouping under a new banner now that the old one is tarnished beyond all repair.

But we'll find out soon enough I suppose....

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

But it isn't, is it?

No, it is. It's a very deep and large swamp. It goes way beyond lobbying.

I am not holding my breath that Trump is going to drain the swamp and that he's the 'real deal.' But I would be so freaking delighted to be forced to admit I was completely wrong about Trump.

I mean, if I was POTUS....I'd want to go down in history as the one that exposed all the corruption of the last several administrations. Even if that meant I had to play like I was *their* puppet to get to the position to do so. If I was going to do the job of POTUS, I'd want to be a GREAT one.

Not holding my breath though...really, I am not. But I would love so much to be pleasantly surprised for a change.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
good move by her, this is a good time for corrupt people to keep a low profile.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
twitter.com...

Well well.
This is especially pertinent as Tony has not even been indicted as of yet.

What do they know? Were they given a big heads up, in time to buy
a few wiping cloths?

join