It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Texas town says you can’t apply for Harvey aid if you boycott Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

The people of Texas vote for god and guns. Just live with your choices.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Would it be possible to boycut this particular town in any way..? Is there something they depend on??

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Perhaps the main object is to deter those who announce a policy of boycotting Israel

It's unconstitutional and insane.

Maybe we should ban all Republicans from getting disaster relief since they don't care about global warming and don't believe in government spending??

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gps777

before 1948, it was a territory of England, which they called palestine, the people who were living there, they called the palestinians.
I was a stamp collector when I was a kid, I had an old stamp book and actually had a few stamps in the small section that was for palestine.

www.ebay.com...

if the truth be known, more than likely some of those palestinians were probably of jewish heritage, along with muslim and christian.
here's a video of some of those palestinians that you seem to want to make as though they were few and far between..

if you think it that big a deal you should give the land back to the native Indians they have more of a claim same here in Australia

that is kind of my point, if we were to acknowledge age old land rights, we would have to uproot the populations of european descent from american, south africa, australia, and many other places like we uprooted the palestinians from their lands. heck we can't even manage to honor the latest treaties with them!!!

but we are off topic, and you never did answer my question. what does Israel donating money have to do with the federal emergency funds?? absolutely nothing. I don't know what it's like in australia, but here in america, we are free to chose not to buy products from any company, state, or country we wish, and people also have the right to organize and refuse buy such in force for maximum benefit. for any reason they like really, and believe me there have been some rather stupid reasons!!
your challenge is to justify stripping that freedom from some, because you don't like who they target (Isreal), without using any type of religious dogma.
like I already stated, I think the biggest boycotters in the US are the christian groups and they probably have the longest history of boycotting than any group.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Dont bother people have been brain washed in to believing there are Palestinians,even though they were created by yasser Arafat. June 4th 1967 jordanian refugees became Palestinians. Palestine was a region like saying europe. But it was allways associated with the jews. In fact jews use to use it frequently when referring to themselves, the Palestine Post created by jews later is renamed the Jerusalem Post. These Jordanians created a fake history in the region and didnt show up until after jews returned making the land livable. Prior to this the area was desserts with very little water or food.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
whatever...
like I said, it's rather off topic, isn't it??

your challenge is to justify stripping that freedom from some, because you don't like who they target (Isreal), without using any type of religious dogma.
like I already stated, I think the biggest boycotters in the US are the christian groups and they probably have the longest history of boycotting than any group.

this is what texas is trying to do when they make a restriction on federal emergency funds (which they probably can't legally do) because they are choosing to boycott Isreal. and I would be speaking out against it, regardless of what the target of the boycott was!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dumbest thing I've read all day.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Any pledge made in a shot gun marriage style agreement, to receive help, when its imperative, is not legal.

Courts have already found shotgun marriage agreements, not legal or binding.

So the city of Texas is just getting alot of egg on its face and nothing here is legal.

They just have to do a class action and sue the pants off them afterwards.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
the country has been hijacked by the inter--nationalists for years now lmfao.

turn on the tv, its dominated by ONE group of people. they control the media and newz. they control g0v. they control the banks lol.

this does not suprise me.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Simple solution, get the needed aid and continue to refuse to buy from Israel.

Do it anyways, like Israel does when they say they're not going to continue their illegal settlements, whether or not an agreement was made.

A better solution will come eventually.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I finally gave in and looked up just what we import from Isreal for people to boycott..
seems like the top import from Isreal is diamonds!!
what's even stranger is that the top export to Isreal is...
diamonds...
www.forbes.com...

only, there isn't any commercial diamond mines in the US....
so, well, kind of makes one wonder??

The top United States-Israel imports and exports are precious stones/diamonds, machinery, pharmaceutical products, medical investments, and agriculture products. United States leading imports from Israel in 2014 were $9.4 billion in diamonds and $4.6 billion in pharmaceuticals. Machinery, electric machinery, and optic/medical instruments imports were all around $1.5 billion in 2014.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-10-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Donald Trump is on that list but I have noticed that there are lots of Christians that support him .just sayin

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Daalder
Perhaps the main object is to deter those who announce a policy of boycotting Israel, with a view to discouraging the practice.

So why specifically discourage boycotting of Israel? So it's ok to boycott, say, England, or Montenegro, but if you boycott Israel, no disaster relief/aid because the government believes it is Wrongthink?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Kind of like anything if you accept government aid,they have you sign upon your death they will go after your estate after you die,is it any different?one form of extortion to another

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
"Perhaps the main object is to deter those who announce a policy of boycotting Israel, with a view to discouraging the practice."
So why specifically discourage boycotting of Israel? So it's ok to boycott, say, England, or Montenegro, but if you boycott Israel, no disaster relief/aid because the government believes it is Wrongthink?

My comment was an attempt to answer the question "How do they know who is boycotting?" The solution to that puzzle; their real target is probably the announcement of boycotting.
There was a comparable situation a few years back when the Chinese government banned reincarnation without permission. It sounded strange, but what they were really doing was obviously banning announcement of reincarnation without permission.

As for your own question, remember that I was offering a probable explanation of their methods of working, not trying to justify them.
The practical answer is that boycotting of Israel is an issue in current politics, and boycotting of England or Montenegro isn't.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

That can't be true, must be a misprint or fake news or something..c'mon guys tell me I am right on this.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Careful. You might start to wake up.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

For the record this is what a relirement house in Dickinsson looked like after Harvey :

I think the last they could care about is their submission to zionists of America.

a reply to: dragonridr

Interesting that the main defense for Israel is the denial of others people right to exist :
The Invention of the Jewish People

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Check your Jewish privilege at the door, politicians.

What religion shall i infiltrate pervert and demand submission to?

Hows this for "Religious freedom": be pro-Synagogue of Satan, or die.

Maybe I should start a fundraiser for my new church and state religion. Anyone got a war needs fought?
edit on 23-10-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join