It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I fear a clash of cultures coming regarding marijuana AKA canabis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Non-issue. Per the tenants of their faith, muslims are required to live no more than 1 mile from the nearest Mosque. As a result, they naturally "ghettoize". They'll chop of the hands of those caught smoking weed in their ghettos but beyond that they'll have no authority.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

00 Buckshot

Sez;

NOPE.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That sounds nice but it's waaaay too late to be saying that. Why do you think Western legal marriages are only between 2 people? And why it was only between opposite genders until recent times? Religious interpretations have always been used in one way or another to "leverage compliance in a legal sense". This is especially true at the local levels of government (at least it is here in the good ole US).

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

. I think people are forgetting that a religious denomination's official stance rarely has anything to do with the actions of individuals within that religion.

This is so important, and everyone seems to forget it! I certainly view my religion's official stances on things in different lights than many adherents to my faith. And I'm ok with that, because I believe in a personal connection with my creator. And I believe everyone else can have a personal connection too- but theirs may be different.

Thank you for your personal insight into this coming "cultural conflict" the OP is concerned about.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Justso

If this is so, let's hope the Muslims decide to go to Mexico.

That's too close to home.

Send them to Brazil!

That is too close to My "Bug Out" area of Uruguay where the Gov't. sells Cannabis (a medicine) for $3.00gr. A 900 sqft. apt. in the Capitol city of Montevideo rents for $68.00 USD /month..

Send "Them" the Antarctic and tell 'Them' Hell has frozen over and 'They' are "in-charge"...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

How has that been allowed to happen, when the separation of Church and state is supposed to be a concept of absolute importance to the clean function of the American government? Do people not care about the constitution?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Are you forgetting that the entire Southeastern US & a lot of the Midwest is nicknamed "the Bible Belt"? People only care about the Constitution when it fits their purposes. Everything else is just rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

You do know that hashish is a big part of the Muslim culture right?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And ironically, the word "alcohol" comes from the Arabic "al-kuḥl". lol I brought up Dave Chappelle earlier in the thread because he's one of the most famous American Muslims, yet he's been pro-weed seemingly forever.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I have an Iranian co-worker who I would describe as a moderate Muslim that I share drinking stories with.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
In Turkish they actually have a word that translates as "he who smokes his hashish neat".

Tons of Muslims consume Cannabis, just like a whole bunch of Christians have sex before marriage, stick their bits in children, take the lords name in vain and eat shellfish on saint swithens day, the evil c##ts

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Though I've long since stopped, I have quite a few stories as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

No, I am not forgetting that in the least.

However, what I do expect is that people who have such a boner for the constitution, that they get a red, white and blue circus tent for a crotch now and again, actually be honest about their motivations.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

"You'll know them by their fruit". Give it a little time & you'll see that their pro-constitutional rhetoric is BS.

Here's Section 1 of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution, which was adopted in 1868.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Now think about our treatment of LGBT citizens, which literally violates the "nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws" clause. And think about the civil asset forfeiture programs which literally violate the "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law" clause (it also violates the 4th Amendment, but who's counting?).

In fact, African Americans just got the right to vote here in 1965, nearly 100 years after the 14th Amendment was adopted. And homosexual Americans were just allowed to legally marry like heterosexual Americans in 2015, 147 years after the 14th Amendment (technically, some States allowed it before the 2015 Supreme Court case, but other States would refuse to recognize those marriages, which is a word for word violation of the 14th Amendment).

And do you remember in 2011 when Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain basically said he'd require any Muslim appointees of his to take a religious loyalty test?

Religious tests are literally forbidden in the Constitution! Article 6 of the Constitution says "but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." And this isn't in a later Amendment; this is in the original Constitution signed by the Founding Fathers they claim to revere.
edit on 27-7-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

These people need holding to account.

It does a society no good to have two faced persons involving themselves in matters.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

LOL It's virtually the entire right wing here. Who's going to hold them to account when they control Congress, the legislative branch, the Presidency, most State governorships, most State legislatures, and most local offices? Like I said, their pro-Constitution drivel is just rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Bloody double post.
edit on 28-7-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I am damned sure there used to be at least a decent percentage of people on the right who believed in the constitution, were not enemies of liberty, were PRO-liberty, not fascists.

I have no idea what the hell happened to those people. I KNOW its not as simple as "the entire right wing is doing it". It can't be that, surely?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join