It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes a criminal mind?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Just stop with the senseless fear. There's fear. Then there's ignorant.

That's one purpose here. Try'n to identify another fear based
propagandized toy/tool the gov. uses.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs Crime is always deeply emotional, people do it because of that reason. However on the surface is perceived as something mundane. It's never practical, it's just made to look like this by the social programming. Take my word as a guy who had seen "some of it".

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I believe that he did, I believe that someone prudent would not enter a hostile nation such as north Korea. I believe he was trying to make a point. I believe he did not give authority to the prevailing public opinions where he was at.

But I digress, as I feel having a criminal mind and acts of punishment for crime are not mutually inclusive.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Notably0ffbeat

growing up my mother told me that we shared the trait of having a criminal mind. She told me that there was nothing wrong with it and we had the choice to act upon those thoughts or choose to be a better person. I choose to be a better person and believe having such quality makes me better understand the world around me.

If you haven't noticed we live in a world that benefits criminals that are smart enough to get away with their crimes. Example, if you wish to commit murder, become someone with authority to kill, like a police officer or soldier. If one wishes to steal wealth, own a bank. If one wishes to enslave a lower class, own a corporation...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Desperation and/or the lust of all those shiney things.

Personally I think of criminal minds, or master minds usually tend to look past their baser instincts to create a sense of weakness among them...only to pull off something or to later seize the moment. Something that from a typical gangster movie, they shake hands an smile. It also happened amongst royalty and nobility. Cleopatra supposedly killed her own son who was going to be Pharoah only to maintain her power an position for temporary time that it was.

Other then that, it just insecure or desperate fools, have nots, who will be known today and then forgotten tommorrow.

edit on 26-6-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
A criminal mind is basically a mind set that feels it can break the law without persecution.??? a mite too easy there.
What about professional criminals that know they will be prosecuted if caught, yet still go on to commit the crime. They're still criminals, aren't they?
I would hazard a guess that everyone on ATS has committed a crime at some point in their lives. Even if it's dropping litter, going a few miles per hour over the speed limit etc. but because they have not been caught they do not think themselves as criminal.
And don't lie goody two shoes, no-one is that pure.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What about professional criminals that know they will be prosecuted if caught, yet still go on to commit the crime. They're still criminals, aren't they?

this is why I believe the threat of persecution is a poor motivator to prevent crime. Hence my motto is "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" a professional criminal weighs the possible outcomes to the possible benefits.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
A criminal mind is basically a mind set that feels it can break the law without persecution.??? a mite too easy there.
I would hazard a guess that everyone on ATS has committed a crime at some point in their lives. Even if it's dropping litter, going a few miles per hour over the speed limit etc. but because they have not been caught they do not think themselves as criminal.
And don't lie goody two shoes, no-one is that pure.

Do you really believe infractins are crimes? And it's okay if you do I'm
not judging you.
But I myself would think crimes fall under the penal
code.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join