It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One hundred and six degrees in apple valley ca. and hailing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: visitedbythem

Ours is broken too! I been taken two cold showers a day.
And I used to take one a week whether I needed one or not.

Oh, we take showers in the morning and at night every day. Even if we go to the pool

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Just wait till monsoon season in the calif desert

Yesterday it was 113 degrees and 5% humidly up here a china lake.

When monsoon season hits it can be 113 degrees and 80 humidly.

Most of us out here in the calif desert use swamp coolers to cool our homes or have very large electric bills from using AC units.
But when the monsoons hit we find the swamp coolers do little to cool our homes.

Out here in the calif desert i have seen a haboob followed by 1 inch hail and rain that flooded out many roads in the area.
I have also seen snow in july here in the desert.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: visitedbythem

Ours is broken too! I been taken two cold showers a day.
And I used to take one a week whether I needed one or not.

Tornados sent by the EU knocked our AC out a week ago Friday.
It was hitting 100 for few days without AC.
We got a brand new unit installed yesterday, right as a cool front hit.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Some pretty cool stuff go'n on with the members huh!

RIGHT HERE ON ATS!

edit on Ram62517v31201700000054 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Hail is created within supercell storm clouds. These have really strong updraughts and downdraughts that feed the 'snowflake like' ice crystals around and around in cycles.

These cyles occur entirely at altitudes where the temperature is below freezing. The ice crystal structures grow larger and colder but are very filamentous and light like super light, super low density, snowflakes, but bigger, less dense and more 'clumpy'.

Towards the top of the supercell, the ice/air structure becomes very cold. Not only the ice crystals but also the air trapped inside becomes supercooled and this is then cycled back down. When at the bottom of the supercell, these ultra cold structures stick to each other and also crystallize more ice.

If the updraught is strong enough, it takes the structure back up to cool more, becoming larger and larger with each circuit, but at some stage, the mass of the ice/air clump falls away from the supercell cycle and falls.

On the way down, the outer parts of the ice/air clump liquefy briefly, condensing on the super cold core. The outermost layer stays liquid but the inner layers are cold enough to re-freeze the liquid water. Additionally the ultra cold clump condenses extra water from the warmer lower atmosphere, building up the bulk of what rapidly becomes a ball of ice, as it falls.

Strangely enough, it is those ultra hot conditions at ground level, that usually cause the most powerful supercell storm clouds.

After heatwave days while I was living in Sydney Australia you'd get these supercell clouds that had an intensely greenish colour and most times, the rain would include hail. The more intensely green the clouds, the more likely big hail.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wow! I loved Apple Valley. I listed and sold a #t load of property there to the Taiwanese (check the property profiles) if you doubt my word. Not sure what has happened there along the main street going east. I used to owned 5 acres just south of where them big rocks are south of the main street. They had a mall there that was kind of "dead" as I remember. Anyway, Apples don't grow in apple valley, maybe almonds.
edit on 0600000006172017-06-25T06:17:06-05:00170606am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It was kind of humid yesterday,not suprising of So California weather,and Apple Valley at a high location,seen stranger

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
well here in north west Florida the temp has averaged 5 % cooler then normal still havent cracked the 90 % mark yet .
and over all the humidy has been slightly less ( probly why its staying slightly cooler heck we are getting down to 70 even 69 f at night most nights ( normally 75-77 F at night 93 -98 day )
Our air had been staying off more then any year i remember .
But its June so wate till august just a extra long spring is all lol .
we just had a tropical storm ( lasted two days ) it was nice 6 inches of rain cool very little wind .

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Green clouds? Now that would be something to see.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
you never seen green clouds ?
they are puke green .
and yes usaly means trouble

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: TheRedneck

We stopped in Coachella the other day and Boron today. It was 115 both days.

The Blue Angels pass the winter in NAF Seeley in Imperial valley, we got 121°last week, record is 125° in 1995 I think...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join