It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Wave and something else perhaps?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Personally, im undecided on the Lunar wave. The wave effect can be caused by aircraft exhaust, and also as a digital error in the processing.
The one thing I do know, is that YouTube user Crrow777 has captured some amazing footage of them. He has been a photographer for a long time, and he does a great job of explaining how his equipment works. He also does his best to debunk his own footage, and remains skeptical on what exactly it is that has been captured. Hes had his footage reviewed by many different video analysts, and none have been able to write it off as a digital artifact or equipment malfunction.
On one of his videos, you can see the wave start from the center of the moon and move outward. Its hard to blame jet exhaust for that one....

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
some sort of atmospheric phenomena.

probably a lensing effect due to thermal differentials between air layers.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real
Thank you for chiming in with the flip side of the general opinions that have pretty much been shared. I think I will look this poster over a little more before I form my own opinion on he being a hoax kind of guy or not. Seems you have already studied him a bit.

I'm also intruigued with the above video you have shared as well. Interesting my wave goes side to side and yours goes from down to up. This makes me feel pretty confident that we can at least rule out jet exhaust I would think.

I'm really surprised nobody has commented on what that is flying up the left side of the moon and following its curve. It was actually the first thing I noticed before the wave. It is tiny, but it is there no doubt. Can be seen pretty much when he points the arrow and says starts now. It is on the outer edge and goes up. Like I mentioned probably a bug, just found it curious how it seems to follow the curve of the moon.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Interesting my wave goes side to side and yours goes from down to up.

Wouldn't that depend on how the camera was oriented when it was placed in the eyepiece? (Sorry, didn't mean to bring you back to the real world. Carry on.)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
Personally, im undecided on the Lunar wave. The wave effect can be caused by aircraft exhaust, and also as a digital error in the processing.
The one thing I do know, is that YouTube user Crrow777 has captured some amazing footage of them. He has been a photographer for a long time, and he does a great job of explaining how his equipment works. He also does his best to debunk his own footage, and remains skeptical on what exactly it is that has been captured.

Debunk his own footage BS the guy is an idiot I have forgot more about photography in 30+ years than he will ever know. He begs for donations so he can buy nice equipment I may try that, make videos about BS post on youtube and get the gullible to pay for my equipment

edit on 12-5-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
So its a atmospheric thing I would guess. Second that would be a video camera thing..perhaps the two combined.
The atmosphere doesn't behave like that with or without aircraft turbulence so it's definitely not an atmospheric effect, it's an imaging artifact as many people have said.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

So its a atmospheric thing I would guess. Second that would be a video camera thing..perhaps the two combined.
The atmosphere doesn't behave like that with or without aircraft turbulence so it's definitely not an atmospheric effect, it's an imaging artifact as many people have said.

Maybe. probably
I know looking through my telescope, the view is a bit like looking across hot asphalt with the waves (I should state I am in florida, so perhaps the hot humid tropic air will be wobbley also

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Maybe. probably
I know looking through my telescope, the view is a bit like looking across hot asphalt with the waves (I should state I am in florida, so perhaps the hot humid tropic air will be wobbley also
Yes, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't see atmospheric effects through a telescope, you definitely can. What I'm saying is that's not what we are seeing in the OP video, so we have to find another explanation for what is seen in the OP video, and we have one.

FYI this is what atmospheric distortion of the moon's surface looks like, much like the "hot asphalt" effect you described; it has a totally different appearance from the photographic artifact in the OP video:

Distortion of Moon's Surface by Atmospheric Turbulence

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

My guess is motorized tracking telescope. As the moon moves the optics would readjust causing a vibration we see as a lunar wave.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: szino9

Cccroww is a known hoaxer.

I did not know that either..

Before I take this as a fact and consider someone like Crrow777 a hoaxer I would like you to tell me what it is that makes him a hoaxer. I mean, this guy spents a lot of time trying to inform the public about things that are interesting but difficult to explain as real.

Thx, Zat

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Ive listened to several podcasts that have interviewed him, and they were very interesting/informative.
Heres a link to

'The Grimerica Show'

Were he interviews Crrow777.
You learn a lot more about him.
(Episode #109 The Grimerica Show)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: szino9

Cccroww is a known hoaxer.

I did not know that either..

Before I take this as a fact and consider someone like Crrow777 a hoaxer I would like you to tell me what it is that makes him a hoaxer. I mean, this guy spents a lot of time trying to inform the public about things that are interesting but difficult to explain as real.

Thx, Zat
The amount of time someone spends trying to explain something isn't a good measure of whether or not they might be a hoaxer, since plenty of hoaxers spend plenty of time trying to explain their hoaxes.

Here are some quotes from one of his videos:

The Moon Is An Illusion & No One Goes Above Low Earth Orbit

8:06
"If you simply apply critical thinking to all the stuff NASA has handed us from space, you will come to understand that there are no real images of the moon from space. There are no real images of earth from space. It is all created imagery in one way or another, and in the recent stuff I've seen much of it uses words that convey that to you but not in an obvious way..."
NASA has two types of images, the original imagery, and edits/composites made from the original imagery, and yes when they present edited or composited images which they often do to the public they usually say so. However if you want to dig up the unedited, original images you can usually do so with a little bit of searching, since most images are online. So all Crrow777 is doing here is exposing his ignorance (or intentionally lying, hard to say which) about the existence of original unedited images in the NASA archives and available online.

But here's the whopper:

9:17
"...the moon that is above our head is in fact an illusion, it is not a rock orbiting the planet and it is part of the control system in which we live"

If it's not immediately obvious to you from that statement that Crrow777 is certifiable, then that means you are probably certifiable yourself and there's probably not any point in trying to explain to you the problems with that statement. It could be a failure of the educational system, or a lack of cognitive ability, or some other reason but the evidence any critical thinker can find to contradict that claim is beyond overwhelming.

edit on 2017513 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

"If you simply apply critical thinking to all the stuff NASA has handed us from space, you will come to understand that there are no real images of the moon from space.

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Looks pretty real to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Let me see the back side.

What a coincidence eh?

Moon has a degauss function. Digital perception has me convinced!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
Let me see the back side.

What a coincidence eh?

Moon has a degauss function. Digital perception has me convinced!

Sorry, no idea what you're on about...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
Look like a heatwave following an airplane that is out of the view?

No, it is just an artifact of the digital camera that was used having to do with its image scan and refresh rate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join