It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Trueman's Mysterious Objects - Metal Detecting !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A hammered park, full of junk like soda cans and garbage could be discouraging for many detectorists. You never know....

So yesterday I had like couple of hours in the morning and decided to give a shot to that old park. I did what the most experienced detectorists do in places like that. Boost up sensitivity and zero discrimination, then go for iron objects, they say "follow the iron". I got that huge horseshoe, still has some nails in it.

But I had to go. Woke up this morning knowing I had to come back to that spot today, another couple of hours after chores at home, detecting until sunset. More iron, close to an old tree far from where people usually walk. I have close to zero clues about these items, all I know is iron and probably all pieces are part of something. What do you think are these things?

Sorry if the pics look upside down. I think it doesn't matter anyway. Another interesting object I found today is this one, it looks like part of a spoon, but it's totally flat as you can see. I love that color. It doesn't seem to be iron.

That little thing overloaded the readings of my machine. It's not heavy at all, too light weight to be a spoon. IDK....
edit on 29-4-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The "spoon" looks like it could be an old school arrowhead from back in the 1960's or so...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
The "spoon" looks like it could be an old school arrowhead from back in the 1960's or so...

Yeah, that crossed my mind too, an arrowhead. Not sure the age.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: SBMcG

Yeah, that crossed my mind too, an arrowhead. Not sure the age.

My dad had a weird thing about antique sports equipment. He had a set of bow and arrows supposedly from the 1960's and the arrowheads looked just like that. My guess is that they were made of a form of tin and they had a very similar color pattern to what you found.
edit on 29-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The iron parts look like horse or oxen plowing hookup or other early farm equipment associated with hauling wagons.
I have seen stuff like that in the boundary areas of old farms, where they used to discard old or broken equipment.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I wish you could post a pic. Can you?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: SBMcG

I wish you could post a pic. Can you?

I wish I could, but that stuff was sold in an estate sale years ago. The more I look at it though, the more I think I'm right.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Lots of neat junk. Looks like others probably have the right copper arrowhead idea already.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The iron parts look like horse or oxen plowing hookup or other early farm equipment associated with hauling wagons.
I have seen stuff like that in the boundary areas of old farms, where they used to discard old or broken equipment.

The closest I could find is an "antique horse/mule/ox yoke wagon/plough/buggy/carriage harness"

edit on 30-4-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Excellent. That's very similar to what I found.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Question, Why you digging Iron with a T2. Cant you disc it out?. I get that you dig the big iron like the pony shoe, everyone does, but surely the smaller chain links could be disc'd out with that machine.

Hey, who am i to judge though, if that's what you prefer to dig then go for it, but over here in the UK if we set our detectors to zero discrimination we wouldn't move 10 feet all day and our backs would be busted digging crap.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Question, Why you digging Iron with a T2. Cant you disc it out?. I get that you dig the big iron like the pony shoe, everyone does, but surely the smaller chain links could be disc'd out with that machine.

Hey, who am i to judge though, if that's what you prefer to dig then go for it, but over here in the UK if we set our detectors to zero discrimination we wouldn't move 10 feet all day and our backs would be busted digging crap.

The reason for that is like I said, the place is full of soda cans and modern garbage, so led the iron lead you is the best way to avoid unnecessary digging. Iron will put you in the right spot, in chronological terms. Then you could go to regular settings

top topics

join