It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk driving made legal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So who writes the law of the land? Congress??? lol... no lobbyist do. I think you will all agree with that.

What if drunk drivers got together and lobbied to make it legal?

Lobby to pour toxins into our ground water....bla bla bla

What if somebody actually lobbied congress to make driving drunk legal?

You think I am joking, look at the money, if enough money was spent could it happen?

Its not that I want driving drunk legal, It is the thought process that with enough money you could buy enough votes to make it happen...

The current health care bill was not thought up by any member of congress.

money control congress....vote for what I want or I will pull my funding and apply to your opponent.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Drunk driving is legal under federal law.

It's the states that prohibit it.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

DAMM! Drunks Against Mad Mothers?

This could get interesting!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

You beat me to it.

The regulation of drunk driving is not an authority granted the Federal government. Under the 10th Amendments the states are free to regulate it as they see fit.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Sort of... but not really.
If you're busted for DUI, and found or plead guilty you lose your license. For every state, and have a criminal record, in every state.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks guys for replying.... I dont know what the laws are,

what I am saying is if the drunk drivers got together and had enough money they could write a law that was good for them.

do you get it now?

Our political system is corrupt.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I don't think so.

If it's a safety hazard than it will be shut down easily.

Anything involving direct safety usually is a shut out for the opposing side.
I remember a Sikh fellow at work tried to sue the company I was working for because they denied him a fitting of a respirator, you needed to be clean shaven. He lost, in a land slide.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I remember a Sikh fellow at work tried to sue the company I was working for because they denied him a fitting of a respirator, you needed to be clean shaven. He lost, in a land slide.

Well yeah a respirator has to be fitted by a qualified person.

well lets say the republicans change that rule to make more money for the business owner. You ok with that?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

If it's a safety hazard than it will be shut down easily.

What else is a safety hazard? Pouring toxix chemicals into the water that could affect hundreds....Or 1 drunk driver that could affect 5 or 6 people?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So what really happens is the Pharmaceutical companies write what they want to be law

The senators don't write them.

The lobbyist they hire bribe or blackmail the senator to get what they want

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Replace all airbags with tannerite.

Traffic problems (accidents, dui's) solved.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This could get interesting!

it hasnt though

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm all for legalizing drunk driving. It shouldn't be a crime. (no incidents here btw)

However, if one harms or kills someone while drunk driving, then they're hit hard. Prison, loss of driving rights, compensation to the victim's survivors/etc.

But I do get what you're saying and it happens all the time.

The pharmaceutical companies make the laws that rule what treatment we receive and the vaccines that they give our babies. And with Monsanto(Pfizer), the food we eat. Currently they're hoping to create a monopoly on marijuana by patenting their own genetic stamp on medicinal plants.

The food and drink corporations get to fill us with all sorts of goodies. Take our water. Strip our lands.

The corps decide how little the workers are worth and how much the honchos make. They lobby to cause tobacco bans to sell their patches and pills and raise insurance rates.

It just goes on and on. There's literally no limit to what they can lobby into law if they have the money to do so. And they do.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
sorry, just reminded me of the good old days when a 6pk was a perquisite for any road trip, tossing the empties out the window as you go......no seatbelt bullcrap.....we had wicked accidents back then!

new topics

top topics

join