It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food ration cut if they did not vote. Iraq.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Utterly Off-Topic

Originally posted by LeftBehind
I am not a big fan of the Bush administration, however it is disingenuos to be bothered by the slant and disinformation put out by the neo-cons, yet embrace the same thing because you want it to be true.

Sorry for the fanboi digression, but I just wanted to say this:

Damn, I like the way you think! I wish I could have voted for you twice.

That is all.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
I find this funny. We have rock the vote in america, now we have no food if you don't vote in Iraq. Democracy is great, no?

www.dahrjamailiraq.com...

For crying out loud that is hardly a valid source. The site is registered to a po box in Alaska, not a newspaper.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nice try..I saw it on other websites as well. They had to vote in order to be ensured food supply for their families. Sure, some of them do want a democracy (?) but they were looking out for their families.

Cant take it? Yep. This is done in communist countries too. We'll give you food if you___________

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Care to share these "sites" or sources dgtempe.

I have been unable to find any credible sources for this being true, all I've found is that it's a rumor.

I think the fact that voter registration was handled by the food rationing bereua has led to confusion and unfounded rumor.

I could be wrong however, so please post some credible sources.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I shall look, however i will tell you the link will not be from Fox news, or any of the other mainstream media. They work for Bush.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think if anyone one of you lived in Iraq for a month as a civilian without military pay and food, but as every other Iraqi lives, I am sure 100% positive the only thing you would be concerned about is feeding your kids, wife, or parents. Whether this article has any truth to it or not the situation, which is being completely overlooked here, is that the Iraqi's are in a complete crap state and things are worse than before we invaded. Yes things will improve in the future and I have no doubt Iraq will become one of the richest nations in the middle east. But for now and for a time to come democracy in Iraq and any election is a farce, a historical joke. It is a means to an end and that end has nothing to do with democracy it has to do with security. If you fail to realize this then I quote Kozmo:

Man, you people are truly mixed up in the head! Threads like these truly support my theory that we have succumbed to the moronification of a nation!

However unlike Kozmo I do not believe this to be a theory.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You are right vincere, the situation in Iraq is terrible. My main reason in responding in the first place was that there are already enough lies about Iraq and enough problems in Iraq, that we dont help anything by spreading fabrications.

There are plenty of things to be angry about already.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Nice try..I saw it on other websites as well. They had to vote in order to be ensured food supply for their families.

And yet, no one has had their food rations cut for not voting. So what of it? It was a lie, or a rumour in iraq.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If this report is anything more than an outright total fabrication, it would be an uninformed Iraqi voter, whose only experience with elections are ones where Saddam was the only choice, confusing the use of the food lists to register voters with a mandate to vote or not get food. And a left-wing news organization who took advantage of that person by reporting their statement with no context or explanation to try to infer that this U.S./Iraqi policy when in fact it is not.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This is a crap news, like trying to flush that screamer down your toilet, and you end up using a plunger to get rid of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join