It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgenders and laws

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain

originally posted by: c2oden
You are born male or female.
What you think you are doesn't change what you are.

Then do people get to complain when a girl transitioning to a male wins an all girl championship because Texas laws says she was born a female, so therefore she must participate in female sports.

They are basically saying she is transitioning to a male so she has to wrestle boys, these same people complain when a trans person uses a a bathroom they sex they believe they are.

Ugh, no. Comprehend much?

People are rightfully pissed because she is able to take steroids to win a championship which other girls cant, all in the name of a mental illness.

That's horsecrap and it dilutes the integrity of the sport.

Wake up.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
In what world does genitalia overrule the brain???

The brain is fallible.
Some peoples brains tell them they are GOD.
They usually use gender specific bathrooms in an institution.

edit on 2017-02-27T20:41:44-06:002201727America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Hazard was right this thread will go no where. I am just going to be debating the same old thing such as it is not a mental disorder..etc.

I am out. Mods can you somehow junk this thread as the OP (me) will not be participating no more.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Call it fear mongering or what you will, but those are but one person's perspective of the overall story. Who knows what actually went on in that household during the first several years. I feel bad for that little boy who somehow thinks he was wronged into being a boy. Identical twins at birth I mean, call yourself feminine dress as a girl all you want. Reality says you are a boy. Period. Plain and simple. Why complicate it. I've laughed at these type of threads for months now but honestly. We all know we are born what we are born. Yes we can say whatever our brain pleases. But in reality we all know the truth.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
For more information about transgender people and the law, these sources will help:

National Center for Transgender Equality - Know your rights!

Transgender Law Center - Resources Page

Google can also help.

If people want to discuss the social issues and scientific and medical knowledge about this subject, there are plenty of other threads where these topics would be more appropriate than one called "Transgenders and Law", which isn't even the correct usage of the word transgender. It is not a noun, it is an adjective.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

I understand that some males identify as females and vice versa,

Here's the thing that I don't fully understand about all this.

It's definitely possible that I'm getting caught up on semantics or terminology.... but.... Isn't it very presumptuous for a male to "identify" as a female and vice versa?

How is it even remotely possible for a male to know what it is like to be a female? How can he assume that he knows what it is to be a female to the point he can claim to "identify" as one? (Same for the other way around).

How can anyone state that they "identify" as something that they have zero knowledge of? How can I "identify" as something that I have never been?

That is not to say that there is no issue here. It is not to say that sexual orientation is a simple black and white issue. I think there is a small percentage of people that have some version of body dismorphia and those people do need help and compassion.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I can help you understand but time is short. Please see my post here in the thread Neurobiology in Transgender

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Tempter

Hazard was right this thread will go no where. I am just going to be debating the same old thing such as it is not a mental disorder..etc.

I am out. Mods can you somehow junk this thread as the OP (me) will not be participating no more.

We have no need to beat whether or not it's a mental illness, because unless you are a DR (I am not) then we are unqualified to make such a claim. However, it's what I choose to believe.

What we CAN debate is whether or not you think it's okay to have this teen take steroid drugs and still compete.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaLloyd
a reply to: Annee

Call it fear mongering or what you will, but those are but one person's perspective of the overall story. Who knows what actually went on in that household during the first several years. I feel bad for that little boy who somehow thinks he was wronged into being a boy. Identical twins at birth I mean, call yourself feminine dress as a girl all you want. Reality says you are a boy. Period. Plain and simple. Why complicate it. I've laughed at these type of threads for months now but honestly. We all know we are born what we are born. Yes we can say whatever our brain pleases. But in reality we all know the truth.

As I said.

Ignorance.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That thread was disgusting and just showed the ignorance of the anti crowd.

Many of them spent the first 3 or 4 pages denouncing boys fighting girls without realising she is currently a girl.

You are whatever gender your brain decides.
That's where consciousness comes from.
Not what's in your pants.

So science is bad... thanks for your misguided opinion.

You are whatever gender you are. Period. Now, if you are gender confused or sexually misguided it is usually the result of environmental stimulus or conditioning. Considering this is roughly 3% of our population despite the last 50 years of societal conditioning that the American people have been subjected to, I'm going to point out that you are losing this battle.

Now medical reassignment (I think of it as re-purposing) will change your outer appearance so that you are more comfortable with who you think you are. That doesn't make you better... it just makes you fake. Perhaps you should have accepted yourself for who you are instead of medically attempting to make yourself something that you are really not.

Feel free to call me homophobic or whatever label you need to throw at me to make yourself feel better.

Your opinion, in the long run, isn't going to matter that much anyways. Social Darwinism and all that...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

People on here are saying she/he should not be allowed to wrestle girls because she is going through a change and they are certain drugs she is on giving her more strength.

Should you be allowed to pick and choose what time a person gets to be the person they think they are?

This makes no sense. He can be whatever he wants without beating up on girls. That's when his rights trump all others.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
a reply to: eluryh22

I can help you understand but time is short. Please see Neurobiology in Transgender

That is a great thread that truly addresses the issue the OP is asking.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Nailed it. Accept yourself for what you are.. I to once considered I should be a woman. Put several years into it. Realized no, I was born a man, maybe different to what society sees it as, but in true wisdom comes realization that we are what we are.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You are the gender biology assigns you.
Not what you think you are.

Correct. And biology (especially neurology) backs gender dysphoria.

I understand that some males identify as females and vice versa, and I don't care what bathroom they use. I don't think most people do.

My question is, why has this become a big deal? Why is the transgender issue an issue at all?

I actually agree with this. It wasn't an issue until it was made into an issue. Transfolk have been around (and often accepted) since at least 23rd century BC.

Personally, I don't think it coincidence that as soon as marriage equality was a decided deal, conservatives needed a new target. Before marriage equality, it was interracial marriage, voting rights, etc. Now they're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Eventually, they'll run out of people to pick on and start from the top again.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I've always thought that I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body,does that count?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
When I was in grade school, I didn't like the rough play engaged in by the boys, so I often played with the girls during recess. I guess you could say I identified with them and their sex, but even in my pre-puberty I liked the girls and had a girlfriend starting at around age 8. But boys will be boys and kids can be mean, so I was singled out as the sissy and called gay and homo because I like being around girls, go figure. Don't get me wrong, I never played dress up in girls clothes or played with dolls (except G.I. Joes if that counts) or wanted to be a girl. At the time I had no idea what a homosexual was, much less a transgender or trans-sexual, just that I was being singled out and bullied by the boys. It was rough for me until middle school when the hormones began to kick in and I began to like girls differently.

Personally, I believe that children under the age of 18 shouldn't be allowed to transition into another sex. In fact the human brain isn't fully wired up until about age 25, so IMO sexual identity needs some time to mature and to understand.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You are born male or female.
What you think you are doesn't change what you are.

Your brain tells you what gender you are.

Sometimes it doesn't match the packaging.

You are whatever gender your brain decides.

That's where consciousness comes from.

Not what's in your pants.

Random Lady 1: "Hey, did you know Sarah had her baby?"
Random Lady 2: "Oh really? A boy or a girl?"
Random Lady 1: "Nobody is sure yet, the baby hasn't decided."

Makes sense to me

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
58 genders.....only two types of genitalia .....am I missing something?

58 Genders for Facebook Users

How to confuse a teen in one easy step

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join