It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Robot Will Carry Your Stuff and Follow You Everywhere

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Am I the only one who's first thought was, "cool, but um how does it deal with steps?"

Or theft? Someone sees one rolling down the road and picks it up and runs off with it. Or smashes it up and jacks it for whatever.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Am I the only one who's first thought was, "cool, but um how does it deal with steps?"

At the end when it was coming down the ramp I thought what happens when it rains or snows? Hope it has some skis, pontoons, and an outboard motor.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I love robots - got to ride one of the first Segways, built some Lego Robots, owned Roombas. Particularly for those who aren't as young as we used to be and for the disabled, these things are truly excellent options. They can provide companionship and monitoring for someone who is mentally disabled or who is bedridden.

I would love to have a 'carry things' robot at science fiction conventions (no such thing as too many books!) What I would like is something with a slightly smaller footprint, though.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mishmashum

At the end when it was coming down the ramp I thought what happens when it rains or snows? Hope it has some skis, pontoons, and an outboard motor.

This is the thing that they've solved with robotics challenge matches at universities. I remember seeing the first ones tackling a downhill slope at the university.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
How about a nice Luggage in sapient pearwood? Not only is it larger inside than outside, it will repel attacks against your person, often ending by consuming the attacker. And it will find you should you become separated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join