It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump broke the conservative media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Article

"We have reached the bizarro-world point where, for all intents and purposes, conservatives are RINOs," said John Ziegler, a nationally syndicated conservative talk show host who called Andrew Breitbart a friend. "There is no place now for real conservatives. We've also reached the point, I say, we've left the gravitational pull of the rational Earth, where we are now in a situation where facts don't matter, truth doesn't matter, logic doesn't matter."

I couldn't decide where I wanted to post this but here it is. We live in a world where, to some people, only the president and his advisors are 'correct.' Sure, some of the more right-leaning folks on the website would or could say the same about Obama and the lame-stream media but now, even conservatives are taking flak for not covering certain stories or maintaining a certain line of thinking;

One of the chief problems, Sykes said, was that it had become impossible to prove to listeners that Trump was telling falsehoods because over the past several decades, the conservative news media had "basically eliminated any of the referees, the gatekeepers."

"And I have to say that's one of the disorienting realities of this political year. You can be in this alternative media reality and there's no way to break through it," Sykes continued. "And I swim upstream because if I don't say these things from some of these websites, then suddenly I have sold out. Then they'll ask what's wrong with me for not repeating these stories that I know not to be true."

It's one of the reasons I stopped coming to ATS so often during this election. I simply couldn't rationalize with people, it was continuous trend that I occasionally pushed against but gave up on. The election is over now so...maybe I'll stick around.

What are your thoughts? Have any of you conservatives who aren't in the Trump camp experienced this? How about you Trump supporters? What are your thoughts? Are Ted Cruz and Paul Ryan just RINO's? Liberals, if there are any left, do see the same thing?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What's a RINO? Have heard that word a lot over recent years. I voted for Trump. That makes me a RINO?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Republican in name only

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

It's one of the reasons I stopped coming to ATS so often during this election.

The election is over now so...maybe I'll stick around.

I guess we will see you down the track then .

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: carewemust

Republican in name only

OH.. guess I'm not a RINO then. Thanks!

Come to think of it, I'm not even a Republican.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Would it not be better to list the falsehoods to expose them and provide a platform for debate?

All campaigns make promises that end up not being kept.

All campaigns make exaggerations.

The only truly ambiguous aspect of Trump, no voting record.

Never listen to a politician. Always check where they get their money and their voting record.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I voted third party, since the electoral college would have made any other vote pointless in my home state.

Clinton belongs in prison, though. I don't support trump, but she's evil.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
An outdated article won't cut the mustard.

Aug. 26, 2016

Although the part about "entertainment" may have merit.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

This isn't necessarily about Trump lying or telling the truth. The article, which is a good read btw, outlines how the conservative media landscape has changed since the Trump candidacy. How some conservatives aren't conservative enough or can no longer be relied upon by their readers/listeners because they don't ascribe to a specific narrative.

That's what I wanted to discuss.

a reply to: xuenchen

Sorry. I just found it and I wanted (especially) your opinion on it how and if the conservative media has changed during this campaign season. Example: Do you read townhall or red state? Have you noticed any significant changes in how they report during this election season?
edit on 14-11-2016 by links234 because: Extra for xuenchen

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yes I agree the media that's generally considered "conservative" was flowing towards Trump as Trump was picking off the main stream Republican candidates in the debates and primaries.

As that happened over several months, and after he locked up the nomination after Indiana, it seemed those media outlets went in Trumps direction and more against Clinton.

And, the regular MSM went further against Trump and poured on the coals for Clinton.

So maybe Trump is the "new" Republican. However the Congressional Republicans are still "old style" for the time being as well as the State and Local "R"s.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Liberals, if there are any left, do see the same thing?

I don't spend too much time anymore really digging into what is going on in the right. for every very sensible and well versed right wing person, there is another standing next to him that see's right wing as being against the gays, or the browns, or whatever prejudice thing they want to have represented. its unfortunate (for the sensible guy), but for now they cant really take too many stands to fully alienate those retards simply because numerically there aren't enough thinking conservatives.

I think the right wing will splinter into at least 2 groups. a sort of more authoritarian right wing, a more libertarian/anarchy model. I suspect the crazy ones will end up going to the libertarian side (unfortunately) simply because they are the ones that are being the most devisive. I think because they are trying to gain the most populous support, which means a lot of garbage talk

Same with the left though. from the 1 decent person to 1 moron, the fracture into authoritarian vs libertarian, etc.
a 4 party system may be interesting.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
All media put themselves in the boat they are in.
The media is supposed to report that true facts weather they agree with it or not, the truth from all sides is what we should be given, but now it seems that truth is a bad word. , some will not like the truth but at least one could make a fair decision based upon it. Most truths only hurt people who want to hide something so the more we know the better we can be, ,but only if we accept it and not try to twist it to fit what we want it to be.
People in power don't like the idea of people knowing the truth because a lot of them are trying to hide the fact that they want to control us with lies. .....just my thoughts. .

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The conservatives of the Never Trump media movement were mere reactionaries, and hardly conservative. They have only lost political power and credibility, and it was all their own doing.

edit on 14-11-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I think it's a lost cause honestly. I don't even know that that everything crumbling and burning around them would wake them at this point.

top topics

join